BC2BC Mexico to Canada via Electric Highway June 12-20, 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surfingslovak said:
TonyWilliams said:
Here's a link to a television blurb in Seattle:

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/cfs-ak-snc6/v/597292/564/126650117474134_6728.mp4?oh=7599b32c3b926a55cf1c287cef0e77c4&oe=4FE68620&__gda__=1340507680_83db7d1c8f1aeb65c66dc37f1e8dc3ad" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Akamai keeps changing the location of the video in their server farm. I've uploaded it to YouTube instead:

"Two weeks to make the trip"? Where did she get that? It was only a week by my reconning.

Man, the Lamestream Media. Still finding ways to bash EVs, even when reporting a positive story.... :lol: :lol:

TonyWilliams said:
Folks might appreciate this data:

Display Name: CITY OF SOLVANG / PUBLIC LOT #3
Start Time: 2012-06-14 04:24:17 (PDT)
End Time: 2012-06-14 11:37:33 (PDT)
Duration (Hours) Energy (kWh): 07:13:16
Energy (kWh): 23.843
GHG Savings (kg): 33.880
Address: 1556 Mission Dr, Solvang, California 93463, United States
Fees ($): 9.03

Display Name: CITY OF EUREKA / 4 C STREET #1
Start Time: 2012-06-18 00:31:45 (PDT)
End Time: 2012-06-18 08:31:25 (PDT)
Duration (Hours) Energy (kWh): 07:59:39
Energy (kWh): 24.706
GHG Savings (kg): 35.107
Address: 4 C Street, Eureka, California 95501, United States
Fees ($): 19.99

Good thing we came up with some "gas money" when you were here in the SF Bay Area, Tony.

Springfield, Oregon to...
Halsey, Oregon to...
Portland, Oregon...

Yes, Virginia, that's one hot battery (10 temperature segments at the redline)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqd9qbvBoME[/youtube]

TonyWilliams said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPnkgZGjww[/youtube]

great video but i think you need to mention that the road conditions dont really allow a much higher speed in any kind of car especially at night. we did that drive in a Prius and ignoring stop times, we averaged under 25 mph. it was 12 hours in a car with a bunch of stops for pix but i timed most of the stops and still had 7+ hours of road time and still did less than 200 miles that day.

we hit our hotel at 10 PM. we thought it would be about 7...

DaveinOlyWA said:
great video but i think you need to mention that the road conditions dont really allow a much higher speed in any kind of car especially at night. we did that drive in a Prius and ignoring stop times, we averaged under 25 mph. it was 12 hours in a car with a bunch of stops for pix but i timed most of the stops and still had 7+ hours of road time and still did less than 200 miles that day.

Good points that I didn't think of at 1am for an impromptu soliloquy. : :mrgreen:

DaveinOlyWA said:
TonyWilliams said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqPnkgZGjww[/youtube]

At night, the section from Big Sur to Ragged Point might be that slow, if you were unfamiliar with the road. But this past March I drove from Monterey to San Simeon by day in something like 3.5 hours, and allowing for the frequent stops for picture taking, an extended bathroom break in Lucia (one toilet, three of us plus a couple of others ahead of us in line) and a brief wait for a convoy through a section of road work, I imagine I averaged around 45 mph for the ~95 miles. Owing to the pax. and the frequent photo ops I was taking it easy, and I hadn't driven the road (and then northbound) in over 20 years, so I don't think it's that slow outside of tourist season.

I will be conducting the 10th anniversary of BC2BC, from Mexico to Canada, in a 2011 Nissan LEAF serial # 3823. I won't have my 10 year old daughter to join me this time, so it might be a solo trip.

Just like ten years previously, we will start at the Mexican border at San Ysidro, California and end at the Peace Arch state park in Blaine, Washington state.

BC2BC-2022
10th Anniversary
June 2022

Link here:
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32656&p=611403#p611403

Hi Tony,
What a great plan!!! I was there that day 10 years ago when you arrived in Seattle. A fun time meeting you and talking about your adventure for sure! I've since moved to the eastern side of the state but will post your announcement on the Seattle FB page, if you haven't already done so. Question, does your Leaf have the original battery in it, or has it been upgraded?

Best of luck and I'll be keeping track of your progress.

Back