battery pack degradation after one year with 11000km doneL Leaf 40Kwh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbdulioUnited

Dear all,
I have a Leaf 40KWH N-CONNECTA 2021 bought last October 2022.

For the last 12 months the few times I charged up to 100% I was getting 260/258 km..But now just couple of day ago I wanted to charge my car up to 100% get get ready of my trip of 2030km and with a big surprise I can see that when my battery is charged up to 100% gives me only 220km

how is possible that after 1 year and 11000 km done the battery pack degraded of 16%??

do someone have the same experience? what I should do..I believe the battery are still under warranty, right??

Abdulio

Welcome. The range estimator uses more than just battery capacity to estimate range. It also uses recent and past driving efficiency, which vary. It should be noted also that the range estimator does not often do a great job. Your Leaf, assuming the Accenta isn't the base model known here as the "S," has a battery capacity display on the left side of the dash, accessed by the left menu shuttle control. A 16% loss should be showing one fewer "bar" than full.
Now, what if the loss is real? What is your climate like? Hot days and warm nights?

OP -- ignore the GOM

If you want to know pack health, get an OBD2 adapter and the LEAFSpy app

Welcome. The range estimator uses more than just battery capacity to estimate range. It also uses recent and past driving efficiency, which vary. It should be noted also that the range estimator does not often do a great job. Your Leaf, assuming the Accenta isn't the base model known here as the "S," has a battery capacity display on the left side of the dash, accessed by the left menu shuttle control. A 16% loss should be showing one fewer "bar" than full.
Now, what if the loss is real? What is your climate like? Hot days and warm nights?
16% loss won't show one bar disappeared: that doesn't happen until 17/18% degradation loss. I believe around 82% SoH a Gen 2 loses it first bar.

The GOM (guess-o-meter) is the silly number followed by km or miles and as others have said, should be ignored. It is not a display nor measure of battery capacity nor degradation.

Dear all,
I have a Leaf 40KWH N-CONNECTA 2021 bought last October 2022.

For the last 12 months the few times I charged up to 100% I was getting 260/258 km..But now just couple of day ago I wanted to charge my car up to 100% get get ready of my trip of 2030km and with a big surprise I can see that when my battery is charged up to 100% gives me only 220km

how is possible that after 1 year and 11000 km done the battery pack degraded of 16%??

do someone have the same experience? what I should do..I believe the battery are still under warranty, right??

Abdulio
It is under warranty but nothing you have said qualifies for anything. Estimated range is based on several things and based on the timing of your post, the most likely change is the weather, not the battery

Back