40kwh replacement battery degradation expectations?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdherman

I got a replacement 40kwh battery right at 24 months ago for my 2016, 15k miles later. 2 warm Summers. Zero QC. As we know, much of Leafspy gets disrupted by a replacement battery, especially of a different size (original was 30kwh)

I didn't plug my Leafspy in for at least 18 months, but a friend and fellow Leaf owner wanted to check his battery, and I plugged into my car to make sure all was still working with my phone/app/OBDII etc.

Showing 92.3% battery health. Seems about to be expected with normal initial degradation to me. Would more knowledgeable people agree? You think that aspect of Leafspy is still accurate?

I admittedly don't use LeafSpy, but I don't understand why it would be "disrupted" by a replacement battery. It's not part of your car, it's an app that you can use to monitor your car.

Perhaps you would want to reset it if it keeps a history of the metrics it is monitoring, but I would assume that's pretty easy to do.

To answer your question, yes I would assume that the numbers reported for your car are accurate.

I admittedly don't use LeafSpy, but I don't understand why it would be "disrupted" by a replacement battery. It's not part of your car, it's an app that you can use to monitor your car.

Perhaps you would want to reset it if it keeps a history of the metrics it is monitoring, but I would assume that's pretty easy to do.

To answer your question, yes I would assume that the numbers reported for your car are accurate.
When the battery (HV) get replaced, the BMS is changed also and the memory of the old battery is gone.
So your history is "disrupted" but that is all.

When the battery (HV) get replaced, the BMS is changed also and the memory of the old battery is gone.
So your history is "disrupted" but that is all.
I think that varies. My vehicle shows all the old charging data, number of L2, QC etc from the old battery. And the GIDs are all messed up. Suspect that the technician did not know how to reset the BMS correctly. That is what I mean by "LeafSpy being messed up" It does not show all the data accurately as it did before. I *hope* that the SOH is however still accurate.

Sounds like it would be worth asking this question to the business/dealership that did your battery swap.

Back