Auto fold mirrors not opening

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

df151617

Hi,
I've had my new Leaf for about 10 days now. When I lock the car the mirrors fold in. According to the manual when I start the car they should fold back out again. I'm convinced they did this for about a week, but over the weekend they stopped doing it.

In the Vehicle Settings menu Auto Fold is set to On. I've tried turning it off, doing a cycle of turning the car off, on again, and then switching Auto Fold back On, but no change.

The fix to the issue is really simple - once you turn the car on, press the Mirror Fold button twice (once to the folded position which the mirrors are in, and once to the Open position). Its simple and easy, but in a 10 day old car doesn't feel like a good solution.

Am I missing some other setting anywhere?

Thanks
David

Which trim & year is your LEAF? I have a 2022 SL+ and I don't think I have this feature. Very curious about it and wish I had it. Thanks

Got it. I think that is a non US model. Seems like out here they might have chopped that feature. Hope it goes back to working order for you.

Its a European vs. U.S. release thing, my 22' SV+ mirrors do not fold here in the U.S.. Would be kinda nice, but no absolute need for me.

Got my car back from the garage yesterday and thought I'd update here. The mirrors are functioning properly but the dashcam I have plugged into the cigarette lighter is drawing too much power during startup for the mirrors to open. If you unplug the dashcam the mirrors open when the car starts. Plug it back in and they don't.

Very bizarre, I wasn't expecting that, and I'll just manually open them from now on so I can leave the dashcam plugged in

I would consider hard wiring the dashcam supply to one of the free circuits in the fusebox but integrate a Delay-On circuit to incorporate the required delay to allow your mirrors to open first. Something like the following can be considered I believe :

https://www.amazon.com/Delay-Timer-Relay-Self-Locking-Switch/dp/B07SS4FXYV

Back