Are you sorry you bought a Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"05 Subaru, I see ;)

Well, not sorry we bought the LEAF, but leased it in hopes of upgrading to an "ESFLOW" or Infinity 2 door sports EV :D

Love the LEAF's infrequent maintenance service schedule and the lack of gasoline :mrgreen:

gasmiser1 said:
"05 Subaru, I see ;)

Well, not sorry we bought the LEAF, but leased it in hopes of upgrading to an "ESFLOW" or Infinity 2 door sports EV :D

Love the LEAF's infrequent maintenance service schedule and the lack of gasoline :mrgreen:

I've always wanted a Z, may be my dreams will finally materialize when ESFLOW is here, although with 2 kids to haul it may not be the most practical choice. The subie was a great car but it was becoming due for major maintenance, tire replacement, and potential turbo failures so I decided to let it go and try something new. The Leaf fits our needs just fine, not exactly love here but more of a respect for technology and like the coolness factor, and if over time it delivers the savings we all are hoping for it will make me fully satisfied with the purchase. Bought because I intend to drive it as much as possible to maximize the return on investment and not worry about the mileage.

I wanted to jump in here.

NO!!!! I'm NOT SORRY I bought the Leaf. It's a great machine, despite:
1. Climate control that is completely irrational
2. Buggy Blink system
3. Carwings applications that any 16 year old programmer would be ashamed to claim.

But I LOVE to drive it to and from work. It is a quiet and smooth cocoon that encourages me to take it easy, but responds like a cheetah if I want to blow the doors off a punk.

--Gary

garypq said:

...............NO!!!! I'm NOT SORRY I bought the Leaf. ............................
encourages me to take it easy, but responds like a cheetah if I want to blow the doors off a punk.

--Gary
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Love the last line :cool:

This is a definite plus :D

I've had my Leaf for about 4 months now. Yesterday afternoon I had to use my wife's car due to needing to drive 120 miles with no reasonable options for charging. When I returned home I was glad to jump back in my Leaf to take my kids out to dinner, I was done driving ICE. By the way, my wife's car is E-class Mercedes. I've been Mercedes fan for a long time, they make excellent cars. But they don't make electric cars (yet).

Leaf's handling is OK, but I love it's electric drive. In other words, if Leaf was powered by ICE, I would not give it another look. I would say that when my lease is up, I am unlikely to buy another Leaf, but I am very likely to buy another electric car. However, if Leaf is still the only game in town 2.5 years from now, I will buy another Leaf. Seems unlikely that it will be the only game in town, but it could happen. Ford Focus electric is still a year out here in Utah, and it is very late in arriving (at least a year late from original estimates). So it remains a possibility that I will be buying another Leaf. I do want to thank Nissan for putting Leaf out on the market as soon as they did. No, it's not perfect, and I wish I could at least have a better heater, heated seats, and 6.6 kw charger rumored to be coming 2013 (I currently have the most basic SV model because that is all that was available). But I am glad I have what I have, and I am glad I got it when I did.

The only thing I'm sorry about is that the LEAF was not available earlier in Pennsylvania. Going into my 4th month with the LEAF, I can say that I still look forward to the drive every day. It's so nice to drive with the smooth, quiet power of an electric vehicle. None of the noise, hesitation, or jerkiness of a normal car. I really would not have been able to appreciate all this before spending some time driving the LEAF. I'm certainly not looking forward to the day I have to drive a normal car again, for some reason.

We've had our red SL LEAF for about 4 1/2 months now and still no regrets at all ... we have 4 cars for 3 drivers (one is just a 3 season Miata) so we share the LEAF and I always look forward to driving it pretty much in any weather. Thought I would add a post here as I also just participated in a 'green' car show alongside a Mitsu 'i' and Chevy Volt and could honestly say that the LEAF was a hit (of course having a Nissan dealer there with one demo car, plus another one on display and mine (white, silver and red respectively) could not have hurt). It was great to talk to prospective owners as we've had it through winter and the heated seats/steering wheel were appreciated as well as we could talk about range, etc. People who took the test drives simply couldn't believe how quiet and powerful it was but many are hesitant ... we talk about the cost to own, rebates, electricity cost versus what they drive now, etc. A lot are still on the fence so we all know it will take some time as well as competition (hey, I welcome all new EV's; they can always get better) but applaud Nissan being the real pioneer in bringing out a viable, relatively affordable BEV. Later this month, my wife will 'display' our LEAF at the high school she works at as part of a car show so I plan to print up a few more experience and information sheets for the kids to bring home to their folks to spark some more interest.

Back