April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
I am getting my car today.
still in April by a whisker, despite May deliver on DB.

Lucky duck. I am certainly one of those.
I will be getting a 2.5-cent discount from DWP on 500kWh/ month of power.
That will make my PV array go farther as it offsets the new usage. I was already above 100%, and have money in the DWP solar bank from the array being installed two years ago.
LADWP is the bomb.

The insurance on the car is rough though, at more than $3 a day and $1200+ a year. no accidents. good driver and other discounts and all.

Just please remember how lucky you are, exact same car as I ordered 3 months before you did, my delivery is estimated for 2 months after yours.

JimK said:
Called CS (pre-sale), firmware was updated 4-11, PD still shows "hold", Guess I'll be moving to May(be).... Did Nissan give VIN 1951 to someone else?
I'd expect you to get your car within in a week or two at the latest... Just be happy you have a VIN and week-of date...

vijayl said:
BrendanDolan said:
vijayl said:
no changes to my DB -hope mine is in at BW Nissan

It's still in the port on HOLD. :cry:
CS said the VCM update was completed on 26th. I don't have any accessories ad not sure why they have HOLD on my car!
:evil:

If you really want to be mad, try imagining the car you are just about to get delivered being accidentally given away by Nissan to someone who ordered today (3 months after you did, e.g. those of us with Oct/Nov order dates watching cars being delivered to Jan/Feb orders) and having Nissan tell you that they wont fix their mistaken misallocation as they don't want to upset the guy who ordered today. Then please further imagine Nissan says, but don't worry we expect to have your car enter into production in about 4-5 months from now. Thanks Nissan.

vijayl said:
BrendanDolan said:
vijayl said:

CS said the VCM update was completed on 26th. I don't have any accessories ad not sure why they have HOLD on my car!
:evil:

CS told me today that a bunch of my cars just cleared the firmware update, and that my sheets should update Monday. I haven't been wholesaled your car yet, so delivery is soon, but not within the next few days soon. Hopefully I'll know more Monday.

nader said:
BrendanDolan said:
vijayl said:

Careful Brendan, you're opening yourself up to a flash flood of "where's my car" posts and PM's! Speaking of which, where is my car? ;)

The cost of great customer service I guess!

Already happened. Today started off with a voicemail check of "you have 35 new voicemails." :shock:

LALeaf said:
thankyouOB said:

That will make my PV array go farther as it offsets the new usage. I was already above 100%, and have money in the DWP solar bank from the array being installed two years ago.
LADWP is the bomb.

The insurance on the car is rough though, at more than $3 a day and $1200+ a year. no accidents. good driver and other discounts and all.

Just please remember how lucky you are, exact same car as I ordered 3 months before you did, my delivery is estimated for 2 months after yours.

my your car come today or next week.
(I thought I said I was a Lucky duck--sort of twice in two sentences.)

thankyouOB said:
LALeaf said:
thankyouOB said:

LADWP is the bomb.

my your car come today or next week.
(I thought I said I was a Lucky duck--sort of twice in two sentences.)
All my anger is at Nissan, please enjoy your/my car and your/my CA rebate (which given the timing I really doubt I'll see). Really have fun with the car, one of us should. Thanks Nissan.

All my anger is at Nissan, please enjoy your/my car and your/my CA rebate (which given the timing I really doubt I'll see). Really have fun with the car, one of us should. Thanks Nissan.[/quote]

As of this morning, there is still $4.5M left in the fund, that's about 900 more California cars. I sure hope you get your rebate.

[/quote]The insurance on the car is rough though, at more than $3 a day and $1200+ a year. no accidents. good driver and other discounts and all.[/quote]

I am with Ameriprise and they are charging me $428/6 months. Clean record.

waiting4leaf said:
All my anger is at Nissan, please enjoy your/my car and your/my CA rebate (which given the timing I really doubt I'll see). Really have fun with the car, one of us should. Thanks Nissan.

As of this morning, there is still $4.5M left in the fund, that's about 900 more California cars. I sure hope you get your rebate.[/quote]
As a very rough estimate the funds dropped this last week by $500k, so at that rate there are about 9 weeks left, which gets us to the first week of July, so maybe your right, I hope so. However, with all the recent deliveries, this rate could go up a lot. Also, anyone getting a car this week (as the Oct/Nov orders would have been absent Nissan's misallocation), the chance of getting the rebate appears to be 100%.

scharlj said:
Well I am officially giving up getting the car in April, so I am switching to the May delivery thread......see ya! Nice knowin'ya. Good luck to all that still hang on for the last two days in April.
Well I plan to go down with the April ship. I am holding onto my lifebelt for good luck hoping Fontana gets mine in before noon and it can be prepped and charged for pickup late tomorrow night :D
Otherwise I too will hop over to May :(

Just for fun let's have a contest on who is the last pickup for April. :) Who is it so far? Give date and approx time you roll out with the vehicle.

Got it last night!
But for some reason can't connect to Carwing...keep saying "No Service"
I know that's probably discussed in other threads, will bring back to dealership and have them check it out next week.

Wifey loves the car, and I am still driving my 95k miles 06 Prius today.... :D

Was at Boardwalk this morning. Looks like, as Brendan says, there should be a bunch more coming next week. Really hopeful.

It does look like the VINs are all over the place. Saw 1227 and 2049 getting ready for delivery...

JessEV

I talked with Joanna at Fontana Nissan today. She checked on my Leaf and said it still needs the firmware update. Estimated 7-10 days. Not bad... if true :cool:

At this point, I'm expecting to move over to the May delivery topic. It's kind of sad, because I was in this tread for so long!

But, at least it sounds like a lot of people got their leafs this month despite the A/C issue!

I hope no one is looking for delivery of Vin # 0455, cause yesterday it was delivered to me. I got the call and made it to the dealer last night. I did not question the Vin # during orientation or finance department. But when I went to leave as the dealer was checking the vin # while applying the temporary registration, I commented "it's 2090, right?" He said, "No, it's 0455". I told him I was expecting 2090, but he said its my car. It certainly seemed to have my color and options. He programmed Carwings and off I went. This morning I called Nissan to make sure this was alright, only to find out it wasn't exactly alright; my Carwings wasn't really working. After several hours Carwings got straightened out and a while ago I was able to re-program Carwings, my XM radio and add some phone numbers. So, I hope I am good to go. I have only driven the car home from the dealer last night around 9 pm. Can't wait to get acquainted this weekend. First impression: awesome!

BrendanDolan said:
Today started off with a voicemail check of "you have 35 new voicemails." :shock:
Heh. Sorry about that... Only one of those messages was from me, but you can blame Nissan.
My DB changed this morning from 4/29 BACK to 4/27, and it's day 8 following my 7-day email.
The CS rep I spoke with suggested I call my dealer since she couldn't explain why my DB would get bumped two days into the past.
Maybe mine will come in that expected batch next week, or perhaps at least some acknowledgement that it's on its way...?

surfsnow said:
Got it last night!
But for some reason can't connect to Carwing...keep saying "No Service"
I know that's probably discussed in other threads, will bring back to dealership and have them check it out next week.

Wifey loves the car, and I am still driving my 95k miles 06 Prius today.... :D

we had this same problem. the technician needs to do a wipe clean and reprogram and reinstall the software.
it is standard, according to the socal leaf lead guy.

The insurance on the car is rough though, at more than $3 a day and $1200+ a year. no accidents. good driver and other discounts and all.[/quote]

I am with Ameriprise and they are charging me $428/6 months. Clean record.[/quote]

what is your deducible. mine was $500.

derkraut said:
thankyouOB said:

WHAT?? :eek: Where do you live--in Beruit?
I got a quote from my existing ins co of $525/6 months 100/300 super clean driving record, and over 50 in age. It almost makes more sense to keep my Prius as the combined premium would 'only' be $700/ 6 mo. I got a quote from Geico that was even worse - $900/6 mo, both cars. And I live in the Peoples Republic of Portland :)

Needless to say, I'm checking with other companies but it doesn't look promising. As others have said on the various insurance threads, a $34,000 car is not going to be as cheap to insure as a Versa. Or a Prius....

Back