Anybody Using the Android Nissan LEAF App?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassman

Is anybody using the new Nissan LEAF app for Android phones? I saw the new app on the androidzoom.com website. I have an iphone, but my contract is coming due and I want to get a newer 4G phone, but want to make sure I can still use the LEAF app.

Here's the link to the app I saw:

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/lifestyle/nissan-leaf_bfdgk.html

Well, well! Just downloaded it, and it seems to work OK, at least it updated status successfully. The climate control button is a little misleading, though. I pressed it expecting a drop down and it toggled to "ON"...OK, I guess it's just changing the mileage guesstimate. Curious that the number stayed the same, though.

Sucks on my tablet (nook color) though. The interface doesn't scale but the window expands vertically. I end up with the app being a stripe down the middle third of the screen.

It's a good week for Android... ATT just released the 2.3.4 for a bunch of phones including the ATRIX and the Nissan leaf app...

I am finaly glad I made the switch. All we need is bluetooth info support and working USB/charging.

Funny. The Android app screen shots are the reverse of the iphone. All the tabs are on top unlike the iphone app where they're on the bottom.

Another thing I noticed is that the Android app is only 1.6 MB. The Iphone app is 10.3 MB.

Here's an alternate link if you have problems with the original one (I did)....

https://market.android.com/search?q=nissan+leaf&so=1&c=apps&rdid=com.aqsmartphone.android.nissan&rdot=1

It works on my EVO 4G Shift (with slidey keyboard).
However, it does not rotate to landscape mode when sliding the keyboard or tilting the phone.

Btw: the Android dual-core phones seem quite nice, but many apps you may want are way behind in support. Netflix and Hulu both support the EVO 4G, but any newer variant (like my Shift, or the 3D, or whatever) are *not* supported by those apps :-(

Confirming that it does work nicely on the Droid X. Was able to successfully start charging just now! Took a while for this to come to reality--but I'm glad it's now available.

Works fine on Samsung Vibrant. Auto screen rotation does not work, which is just how I prefer it for this app. It's much more convenient than the web application because it does not log you out every 15 minutes, or it automatically logs you back in when you open it. I seem to recall there was a recent update of the iPhone app, which used to suffer from the same short timeout problem.

If they didn't fix it there yet, then I guess Leaf drivers will be awaiting another iPhone update as well as a Blackberry app. But this app is a good sign they are working.

jwatte said:
It works on my EVO 4G Shift (with slidey keyboard).
However, it does not rotate to landscape mode when sliding the keyboard or tilting the phone.

Btw: the Android dual-core phones seem quite nice, but many apps you may want are way behind in support. Netflix and Hulu both support the EVO 4G, but any newer variant (like my Shift, or the 3D, or whatever) are *not* supported by those apps :-(

How about the HTC Sensation? Should have it in about a week and a half.

Surprised Nissan didn't put out a notice on this. If not for this forum, I wouldn't have known about it.

Seems to work pretty well on HTC MyTouch 4G Slide, though it doesn't rotate horizontally when the slider keyboard is extended.

Glad to see it's finally out though.

have it installed as well. only thing, is that it does not provide SOC in numeric form so hard to tell at a glance, although the bar graph does represent what you would see in the car. wish the color scheme was a bit more contrasty.

later....

forget my bar graph comment. i see that it changes from red to green as SOC improves. nice

all in all, after about 8 hours of it, i like it so far. will have to play with the controls first to see how well the car responds

what i do like is link for Roadside or CS. (two #'s i have not seen fit to add to contacts on phone yet...guess that is good illustration of my confidence in my Leaf!)

Bassman said:
The Iphone app doesn't show % number either, just the bars.

the web page which i also access from my phone does show it. oh well, no biggie. its not like that # is a highly valued statistic anyway. its only an estimate based on the actual display and not a real measurement.

one thing i am happy about; at least it recognizes Phil's EVSE mod as "normal" charging....must be the voltage it reads and not the current

Back