Any reviews or feedback on the Eaton L2 unit?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hingisfan

I am in Canada so my options are limited.....but Home Depot has the Eaton unit.

Looks pretty solid, and indoor/outdoor rated.

Home Depot here used to have the Schneider unit for a bit less, but havent seen them online in a while, and it was indoor only.

I live pretty close to the US border, so I could go over and get one of units from the US Home Depot, but pretty sure I have to buy in Canada to qualify for my EVSE gov't subsidy program.

Thanks!

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/eaton-indoor-outdoor-electric-vehicle-30amp-charging-station-with-advanced-/998395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have experience with the Eaton units. V 1.0 had problems with not starting when plugged in to vehicle. Also intermittent stopping. Eaton replaced the unit free with a V 2.0 unit and it has worked flawlessly for some time.

There is an Eaton office not too far from home that has two units available. One of them had died and was out of commission for several months. I called Eaton and told them. They replaced that with a V 2.0 unit.

My employer has installed this unit outside and it is exposed to a variety of wet weather and wind. I'd recommend the Eaton charger.

I don't have any experience with the Eaton L2. There are several installed at the Chattanooga Theatre Center, but I haven't used them yet.
I have a lot of experience with the Eaton DCFC at Murphy Express.
After some problems in the first 3 months that were resolved, it has been flawless for the last year.
The front cover on it is a bit flexible, bends in if you inadvertently lean on it, but it has worked well for over a year.
I have some good experience with Eaton 480V variable speed drives. Very good equipment.
They make pretty good equipment overall.
If I was in the market for an L2 and the price was right, I would not hesitate to buy Eaton equipment.

Back