Any Leafs delivered to Georgia yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Marc T....I was expecting the worst and it turned out wonderful. They had 3 SV's come in from a trade with another dealer(what I heard) I got mine the day they came in. Man the SV's have lots of goodies on them, short of the quick-charge I don't think I'd miss the other stuff.

gergg said:
Yeah, Marc T....I was expecting the worst and it turned out wonderful. They had 3 SV's come in from a trade with another dealer(what I heard) I got mine the day they came in. Man the SV's have lots of goodies on them, short of the quick-charge I don't think I'd miss the other stuff.

I gotta give Nissan probs...even the "low end value" model is nicely equipped, eh? To be honest, the only things I'd miss from the SL are the backup camera (which I've come to love), and the Homelink. Although I like the Homelink, I prefer it when the buttons are on the visor (as they are on our other cars) versus on the rear view mirror (where they are on the Leaf).

But yes, I think I could survive with the SV. Aren't those heated seats and steering wheel nice? When I start the car, the steering wheel has already heated up before the car is all the way out of the garage. God bless the engineer who figured that out!

Glad Marc was a good to you as he was to me.

I gotta give Nissan probs...even the "low end value" model is nicely equipped, eh? To be honest, the only things I'd miss from the SL are the backup camera (which I've come to love), and the Homelink. Although I like the Homelink, I prefer it when the buttons are on the visor (as they are on our other cars) versus on the rear view mirror (where they are on the Leaf).

But yes, I think I could survive with the SV. Aren't those heated seats and steering wheel nice? When I start the car, the steering wheel has already heated up before the car is all the way out of the garage. God bless the engineer who figured that out!

Glad Marc was a good to you as he was to me.
I was surprised how well equipped the SV was, the backup camera would be a plus, but I'm fine without it. I was out today in the LEAF and the steering wheel got quite warm, and quickly, I turned it off after a few minutes. The heated seats are great, keeps me from running the heater as much, seems like our feet are the only things getting cold and the reason we use the heater. I only test drove a LEAF one time for a few miles a year or so ago, so now after a few days of driving my own......I'm super impressed with this car, it is a blast to drive and seems to be very well made. I guess my only wish would be to double the range, now that would be a car. Marc was a straight shooter, as was the finance guy(Dan), I kept waiting for a sleezy move, but it never came.

gergg said:
I just leased a Cayenne Red LEAF yesterday, great car, if only it had 150+ mile range, then it would be nearly perfect. Leased from Regal Nissan in Roswell, best car transaction I've ever had.
24 month
$232/month...SV Model....(Tax, fees, everything included)
They paid first month, so $5,336 total for the remaining 23m lease term
15k/month
0 down
0 at signing(true sign and drive)

So it's pretty much free after you get your 5K tax credit... My SL was three times as much in 2011 - wow...

bronsonb said:
There are EV Club meetings? How does one find out about these? Of course, being from Cobb Co, I might be persona non grata in Decatur around Manuel's Tavern :lol:

Of course you're welcome! EV Club of the South meetings are 3rd Wednesday of every month at 6pm at Manuel's Tavern.

http://evclubsouth.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So it's pretty much free after you get your 5K tax credit... My SL was three times as much in 2011 - wow...
Yeah, and tack on my gas savings with the 15k/year lease, and I'm actually making money driving this car.

Did you lease your SL?

gergg said:
Yeah, and tack on my gas savings with the 15k/year lease, and I'm actually making money driving this car.

Did you lease your SL?

My SL was the first one from Town Center (crooks) and I leased to take advantage of the credit but then refinanced.

rslatkin said:
bronsonb said:
There are EV Club meetings? How does one find out about these? Of course, being from Cobb Co, I might be persona non grata in Decatur around Manuel's Tavern :lol:

Of course you're welcome! EV Club of the South meetings are 3rd Wednesday of every month at 6pm at Manuel's Tavern.

http://evclubsouth.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks! I completed my app and sent it and check in just before we left for our New Year's vacation! Hope to be at the January meeting!

I was just casually looking for the latest news on quick chargers in GA (another set just installed at Sears across the border in TN) and I found this jewel:
http://buckhead.patch.com/announcements/buckhead-coalition-facilitates-million-dollar-national-electrical-vehicle-quick-charging-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be amazing - the first one in Buckhead but then Circle K gas stations would have them along our major highways. How cool is that???

Another recent development - not as amazing but still. 400 new stations in ATL and 100 more in middle Georgia (free for 3 years but slower)? Wow... Who's driving to Jekyll Island with me this summer?

http://www.4evriders.org/2013/01/middle-georgia-getting-100-free-electric-vehicle-charging-stations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd like to see L2 stations at the North Springs MARTA station. I could easily make it to North Springs from my house in northern Forsyth county but the return trip might be a little tense. So a charge stop there would be great. Get on the train and go 'down town', by the time I return the car is ready to return home.

I called MARTA and suggested this but I don't think anything was done about it.

I think it would also be a great feature for the North Georgia Premium Outlet stores! Though I have no idea who to make that suggestion to.

I'm sure you could find some 120 V plugs that would be sufficient for that purpose...

However, the fact that we'll be getting hundreds of new L2s and, what it looks like, L3s alongside major highways is huge and will finally enable the holy grail of intra and interstate travel :p

I've been waiting years for this... I wonder how much longer though...

Hey Guys -

Let me introduce myself - I'm Vince. I just traded in my 2012 Silver Nissan Leaf SL at Regal Nissan to get a 2013 White on Black Nissan Leaf SL with Premium Package.

My salesperson was Eric Han, and finance was handled by Dan Hoffenberg. Both did an outstanding job and it was good to see Dan again, as he was my salesperson when I bought the 2012 Leaf. Lane Crider, the sales manager, did an outstanding job getting me an awesome deal, using every incentive and option available. Lane is a Leaf fan, to be sure... he has one himself as do several of the employees there.

In talking to those guys I found out that they have ~60 2013 Leafs coming in very shortly... with all sorts of configurations.

Also is anyone is looking for a used Leaf, my old one is in great condition with IR rejection tint and cargo organizer on the used lot, it had under 7000 miles on it when I traded it... originally purchased in March of 2012.

I can't say enough about the great experience I had at Regal Nissan. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. Not that I needed any real service, but those guys were great too with parts and questions. I was introduced to the dealership by my friend Matt who owns a 2004 Z. He was having me pick him up and drop him off there for various maintenance and that's when I first saw the Leaf in person and started getting to know the staff.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I know I don't post, but I've been reading and enjoying the forum for a while.

Happy Driving!
V.

Talk about the pitch... Not sure I (we) care about the names and resumes but how much did you end up getting for the trade-in (I heard 2012s are worthless these days) and did you pay the MSRP for 2013 or did they discount it? If so, how much. Good info but it should come down to the numbers to be really useful.

EDIT: Thank you for the PM response - wow, what a bath I'd take on the trade-in - they are indeed worthless :( Have fun with your 2013!

Yeah, sorry if that came off too much like a sales pitch. Honestly I was impressed with how they treated me. This is my second Leaf, from the same dealership - they have been honest and helpful the whole way.

I highly suggest finding a way to leverage VPP. That was the key to receiving a great deal going into the lease or purchase.

I didn't just trade in the 2012 Leaf blindly... I took it to Carmax to get a quote and also had a old friend of mine who works at Audi dealership have his guys check it out. The biggest problem is the lack of residual tax credits and other dealers not knowing how to handle it - no chargers to keep it presentable, no knowledge of the differences with EVs, etc.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have leased the first Leaf, the market in general and the Leaf in particular as still growing and evolving rather quickly. Nissan is out to own the EV market worldwide, and I appreciate their aggressive stance - but that does leave past customers somewhat high and dry. Originally I thought a straight purchase of a Leaf was smarter - in case they quit making it you could mod/maintain/upgraded it... now I see no reason to not lease.

If you have time, your best path may be a private sell?

I wish you luck with your current Leaf and success in finding a new one!

cracovian said:
Talk about the pitch... Not sure I (we) care about the names and resumes but how much did you end up getting for the trade-in (I heard 2012s are worthless these days) and did you pay the MSRP for 2013 or did they discount it? If so, how much. Good info but it should come down to the numbers to be really useful.

EDIT: Thank you for the PM response - wow, what a bath I'd take on the trade-in - they are indeed worthless :( Have fun with your 2013!

I'm glad you had a good experience at Regal but I had completely the opposite. Regal is literally right next to my house so I wanted to do business with them because it was so convenient but their prices were not even in the same ballpark as the other dealers I looked at. Sure they were super nice but they also wanted $6000 more over the lease term. They told me "This is as low as we can go" "Any lower and we be taking a loss". I showed them what other dealers were offering (3 different ones) and they told me to go to the other dealers so I did :)

I chalked it up to the area of town they're in. They know they can get their price so why go lower? I also noticed in December when most other dealers were sold out Regal still had Leafs on the lot. I ended up going to Athens Nissan because they were the only dealership left, other than Regal, with a red one. No haggling. I called them up, told them what I wanted and wanted to pay. Drove there and bought the car.

-Bill

bill said:
I'm glad you had a good experience at Regal but I had completely the opposite. Regal is literally right next to my house so I wanted to do business with them because it was so convenient but their prices were not even in the same ballpark as the other dealers I looked at. Sure they were super nice but they also wanted $6000 more over the lease term. They told me "This is as low as we can go" "Any lower and we be taking a loss". I showed them what other dealers were offering (3 different ones) and they told me to go to the other dealers so I did :)

I chalked it up to the area of town they're in. They know they can get their price so why go lower? I also noticed in December when most other dealers were sold out Regal still had Leafs on the lot. I ended up going to Athens Nissan because they were the only dealership left, other than Regal, with a red one. No haggling. I called them up, told them what I wanted and wanted to pay. Drove there and bought the car.

That's very interesting. My own Regal Nissan experience couldn't have been better. Maybe I was lucky! Two reps from Regal also came to the EV Club of the South meeting this week to tell us about how they want to be the biggest Leaf dealer in the SE. They plan to get 30 2013 Leaves on the ground in March and are offering fairly aggressive lease programs too.

Still, I am sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. Mine was honestly one of the best car buying experiences I have ever had.

My Regal Experience was great as well. I didn't buy a LEAF, but they gave me the lowest quote in town and Michael was great. He patiently answered over 100 emails from me back and forth. They ran out often in November and would get in new supplies. Every week I would go by and they would have a new batch of LEAFs... (is that correct?). But as always, YMMV.

I got mine at Team and had a very good experience there. Regal was not great for me either, and I got a much better deal at Team. Oh well, I'm sure there are good days and bad days.

Looking forward to those L3s in Buckhead and on the interstates! I have family in Knoxville and would love to L3 all the way up to their great Cracker Barrel network.

I guess it depends on the day/time/salesperson/etc....My experience at Regal(Roswell) was great, one of the better car leasing/buying "events" I've ever had, but I realize that could change next time.

Back