Another Public Charging Station Etiquette Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desiv said:
Yeah,
I put a note in my car on the dash that basically says:

1 light flashing, please don't unplug me unless its an emergency for you.
2 lights flashing, if you need to unplug me, you can, but not otherwise please. (I'll have to get more charge to get home)
3 lights flashing I can make it home, so you can unplug me.
Fully charged, of course you can unplug me.

And I have my cell number in case...
(I should probably just merge 1 and 2 lights flashing, as the comment is almost the same...)

I want to add some pics/drawings of the flashing lights on the off chance some one can't figure it out.
(I'm looking at you Volt owners.. Kidding!! Kidding!! ;-) )

desiv
If I didn't know how the LEAF displays "charging in progress" status, your wording would lead me to expect either one, two, or three blinking LEDs, and the fact that no more than one LED ever blinks would be confusing.

Levenkay said:
If I didn't know how the LEAF displays "charging in progress" status, your wording would lead me to expect either one, two, or three blinking LEDs, and the fact that no more than one LED ever blinks would be confusing.

Yeah, that's part of the reason I'm hoping to add some graphics that show pseudo blinking lights. ;-)
Text alone can be confusing to try to describe that depending on the persons perspective/knowledge.

desiv

Back