A little extra in 2015 battery??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfcart

Is it possible Nissan put a little reserve capacity in the 2015 batteries given all of their warranty issues on earlier years? The reason I ask is that I am getting much better real world range than my driving habits, age of battery, and weather should allow for and have seen little to no degradation in range since my purchase despite putting over 16k miles on the car, charging to 100% every day, quickcharging at least weekly at the local dealership, and the battery having gone through 2 pretty hot Virginia summers (it sat through the first one on the dealer lot fully charged I assume).

I've had some extra errands to run the last couple of weeks after work and have been averaging about 70 miles a day on the car. I still get home with 10% to 15% SOC on the battery despite driving 65mph for my whole 55ish mile round trip commute, using the seat/steering wheel heaters, and the ambient temperature being anywhere from 30 - 60F.

I don't think our Virginia summers are what this forum consider hot. Hot from a battery degradation point of view is much further south such as GA, TX, AZ, NM. Our lizard battery is supposed to be better in the heat anyway.

I am working on catching up to you with over 13K miles on my Leaf. It works great here in the Tidewater Virginia area.

Hey, if it is working, don't question why... I have a 2015 for 26 months, 30K miles, and the battery is still at 100% SOH. So I am also very happy with my battery health. Extra capacity? I don't think so. You probably drive the car gently and get the best efficiency...

Latest posts

Back