a glut of Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are a bunch available in Austin, Texas if anyone needs one. PM me if you do and I get get referral credit.

ebill3 said:
Puyallup Nissan lists three in stock: two 2012, one 2011. $38,985, $38,860, and $34,740.

sounds expensive, but after $7500 fed credit and sales tax waiver, its cheaper than a comparable Prius. i should know, i bought both and the Leaf was a LOT cheaper

I went back to check a week ago and of the four Leafs on the Ventura lot two were 2011's and two were 2012's. I went by again last night and there are now eight! I was making a couple of points when I started this thread. One, I'm surprised there are extra Leafs floating around when they haven't even opened up ordering in all states yet. Geez, send some of these to those poor guys. And two, I'm surprised there are so many Leafs waiting around in Ventura in particular which is a small city compared to LA or even Santa Barbara. I'm wondering how many the really big dealers have in stock? I will try to talk to my salesman by next weekend and see what he has to say. I have seen several around town so maybe Ventura has high sales numbers.

badamsfx said:
I went back to check a week ago and of the four Leafs on the Ventura lot two were 2011's and two were 2012's. I went by again last night and there are now eight! I was making a couple of points when I started this thread. One, I'm surprised there are extra Leafs floating around when they haven't even opened up ordering in all states yet. Geez, send some of these to those poor guys. And two, I'm surprised there are so many Leafs waiting around in Ventura in particular which is a small city compared to LA or even Santa Barbara. I'm wondering how many the really big dealers have in stock? I will try to talk to my salesman by next weekend and see what he has to say. I have seen several around town so maybe Ventura has high sales numbers.
Price could explain it. Were they asking MSRP?

Or lack of mass market advertising to let people know the dealers actually have them in stock.
Of course that might be a bit expensive unless all dealers have some. The transition will take some time.

FWIW, at http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2012/01/movers-losers-december-2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, the Leaf and Honda CR-V were at the top of the chart w/only 6 days-to-turn on average.

Back