A few more questions -

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjdoe

Do you carry your 110v charger cable with you? There doesn't seem much point. They aren't of much use, except at home, at night.

I assume the tire gauge just a warning, with no individual gauge, showing pressure, for each wheel? It sounds like like you still need to carry a tire gauge. This is not a cheap car, and this technology (pressure, per wheel) has been around for maybe 10 years. (same with the one-touch window, on the passenger side. It's not like it's much more expensive, or weighs more. I'd add memory mirrors to the gripe list, too)

Did the SL's come with Michelin tires? Our 2015 came with 12k miles - and Michelin 'eco' tires. So I'm assuming the car came with the tires? They don't look newer than the car. But it was a nice discovery.

Thanks

jjdoe said:
Do you carry your 110v charger cable with you? There doesn't seem much point. They aren't of much use, except at home, at night.
Same, carry mine, but haven't used it yet. Still holding out hope that my work will find a spot where I can plug in.. ;-)
jjdoe said:
I assume the tire gauge just a warning, with no individual gauge, showing pressure, for each wheel? It sounds like like you still need to carry a tire gauge
Just get an ODB2 bluetooth adapter (cheap) and LeafSpy for Android and you can get individual pressures displayed..
(ora WiFi ODB2 and the iPhone version of LeafSpy)

desiv

Used the L1 four times with the '12, haven't needed to yet in the '15. I leave it in there just in case.

+1 on LeafSpy, the PSI readings are what I use most.

Some '15 SLs did come with Michelins.

I believe all 2015 SLs came with Michelin tires. The 17-inch Michelins that came on mine are slightly better than the 16-inch Bridgestone Ecopias that came on my 2011 in dry traction. They are not performance tires and are about the same as the Ecopias in wet traction (with both inflated to 44 psi).

The tire pressure display in Leaf Spy is one of the main reasons I purchased it.

I carry the Nissan L1 EVSE in the car all the time for "emergencies" but the only time I used it (on 2015) was to test it on line power and with my 2 kW generator. Since public charging was less available when I first got the 2011, I actually used the L1 EVSE with it a couple of times.

Gerry

jjdoe said:
I used to rarely carry it but I recently had been using it to charge at a 120 volt spot in underground parking @ work in a building that's not that close to me. I used to work in that building but got moved. I didn't want to tie up a more valuable L2 spot as it takes quite awhile to go back to that building to move my car and come back. I hate being the one preventing someone from L2 charging.

At my current building, we had no charging stations for a month (had to use ones at old buildings). Then, they put some in outside in the sun. No thanks in the hot summer. Then, they put up some in the above ground parking garage. I'd still rather park in underground parking on a hot day (in aforementioned far away building).
jjdoe said:
I assume the tire gauge just a warning, with no individual gauge, showing pressure, for each wheel? It sounds like like you still need to carry a tire gauge. This is not a cheap car, and this technology (pressure, per wheel) has been around for maybe 10 years. (same with the one-touch window, on the passenger side. It's not like it's much more expensive, or weighs more. I'd add memory mirrors to the gripe list, too)
My coworker's 03 Nissan 350Z had them and it showed them for each tire.

I speculated about why Nissan doesn't display individual pressures at http://priuschat.com/threads/does-tire-pressure-monitor-indicate-too-high-pressure.91921/#post-1295550. My other guess is that some people who don't know any better will think their tires are overinflated due to driving (friction) and drain them... or cause unnecessary service dept visits.

From the time I got my L2 EVSE (about 9 months after I got my Leaf) until a couple of months ago, I only used the OEM EVSE maybe twice. But now that a new eGolf occupies the garage space where the Leaf used to reside, I find myself charging at work more and more rather than having to play "musical parking spaces."

It's a temporary situation until I give the Leaf back to NMAC at the end of the year. I could do so now but I'd still be responsible for the remaining payments, so I figured I'd hang on to the car especially since the added insurance premium for 3 cars was so minimal.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
The early '15s were all Ecopias, the Michelins started showing up around 8/14 IIRR.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/presskits/us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit said:
...standard 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels for the SV grade (late availability)...

When I was shopping for a 2015 SV, I thought they had the 16" older style wheels with ecopias - and I found some on dealer lots with that. The one I ended up with has 17" with Michelins.

Nissan probably wanted to use up the stock of the 16" wheels before switching them all over to the newer 17" style which explains the "late availability" in the press kit.

Back