8 Watt LED Bulbs, Now only $9.99 (40 watt equivalent)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toasty

Are you swaping?

392fbefd-65b8-4405-bcd1-baf674ae5d9d_400.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ecosmart-gp19-8-watt-40w-bright-white-3000k-led-light-bulb-1---pack--ecs-19-ww-120.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brightness: 430 Lumens
Estimated Yearly Energy Cost: $0.96 (Based on 3 hrs/day, 11/kWh. Costs depend on rates and use.)
Life: 45.7 years (based on 3 hrs/day)
Light Appearance: 3000K Bright White (WW)
Energy Used: 8 Watts (equivalent to a 40 Watt standard incandescent lght bulb)
Lumens per Watt: 54
Contains Mercury: N
Uses 80% less energy compared to a standard incandescent light bulb
Indoor application: Sconce, pendent, ceiling fan
Medium Edison base General purpose 19
Dimmable: Y
Meets Federal minimum efficiency standards for Energy Star rating
Illuminated by Lighting Science Group
Life hours: 50,000
Suitable for interior or exterior use
Instant On
5 Year Warranty
Product packaging may vary
MFG Brand Name : EcoSmart
MFG Model # : ECS 19 WW 120
MFG Part # : ECS 19 WW 120

I've used Ecosmart LED bulbs in the past and have been unimpressed by them... Mediocre reliability, light dispersal, output, color uniformity, etc... I'd pay a little more and get a decent LED bulb.

I installed a few of the EcoSmart recessed can lights and I personally have been rather pleased. Perhaps the even bigger endorsement, however, is that my girlfriend still hasn't noticed that I changed them out when she was on vacation four months ago.. :eek:

I'll have to give these A19 bulbs a shot as I have a few applications where I could really use a brighter light than a small-sized CFL bulb can provide.

TomT said:
I've used Ecosmart LED bulbs in the past and have been unimpressed by them... Mediocre reliability, light dispersal, output, color uniformity, etc... I'd pay a little more and get a decent LED bulb.

I don't think all ecosmart bulbs are created equal, that's just home depot's house brand. For example they have an ecosmart branded CREE CR-6 (price has been dropping like a rock)

I purchased a bunch of those, but my wife couldn't stand them unless they're in lamp (the shade hides many sins). I've moved them to recessed lights in my basement (where I rarely spend much time) and in a couple bedroom lamps. I prefer the Philips A19 bulbs in most applications even though they look funky.

LTLFTcomposite said:
TomT said:

I don't think all ecosmart bulbs are created equal, that's just home depot's house brand. For example they have an ecosmart branded CREE CR-6 (price has been dropping like a rock)

The CR-6's have been dropping like a rock? Not quite. I bought six of these for my kitchen at $35 ea seven months ago. Today's price? $34.97. I love the color, their uniform dimmability, and even the trim.

z0ner said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
TomT said:

The CR-6's have been dropping like a rock? Not quite. I bought six of these for my kitchen at $35 ea seven months ago. Today's price? $34.97. I love the color, their uniform dimmability, and even the trim.
Last I saw they were down to 29.95. Somebody posted a pic of a local sale at a home depot that had them for 19.95 that was a while ago. Wasnt that long ago they were 49.95.
Like so many things i got in at a higher price.

toasty said:

Are you swaping?

392fbefd-65b8-4405-bcd1-baf674ae5d9d_400.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ecosmart-gp19-8-watt-40w-bright-white-3000k-led-light-bulb-1---pack--ecs-19-ww-120.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brightness: 430 Lumens
Estimated Yearly Energy Cost: $0.96 (Based on 3 hrs/day, 11/kWh. Costs depend on rates and use.)
Life: 45.7 years (based on 3 hrs/day)
Light Appearance: 3000K Bright White (WW)
Energy Used: 8 Watts (equivalent to a 40 Watt standard incandescent lght bulb)
Lumens per Watt: 54
Contains Mercury: N
Uses 80% less energy compared to a standard incandescent light bulb
Indoor application: Sconce, pendent, ceiling fan
Medium Edison base General purpose 19
Dimmable: Y
Meets Federal minimum efficiency standards for Energy Star rating
Illuminated by Lighting Science Group
Life hours: 50,000
Suitable for interior or exterior use
Instant On
5 Year Warranty
Product packaging may vary
MFG Brand Name : EcoSmart
MFG Model # : ECS 19 WW 120
MFG Part # : ECS 19 WW 120

Last year at Lowe's they had an almost identical dimmable bulb (UTILITECH PRO) for the same price except it uses 7.5W and is Warm/Soft White instead of Bright White. You can't tell these from incandescents. I stocked up. :mrgreen:

The Fiet bulbs at Costco seem very nice, and oh my the flood lights are sooo bright, you'd have to really really like light to use them inside your house :) As a bonus the local utility provides discounts on them. I have no idea what 2 models I tried but: http://www.feit.com/led-lamps/performance/dimmable/reflector" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LEAFfan said:
phxsmiley said:
I found these nice 8W LED bulbs on Amazon, and have used four of them now. They have a nice soft white color, and are $9.29 for two bulbs!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGXWZGS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

I absolutely love dimmables. These don't say they're dimmable.

According to the box, these say:
- Fully dimmable
- Instant On
- Approved for damp locations
- Approved for use in totally enclosed fixtures
- Very low heat.

LEAFfan said:
Last year at Lowe's they had an almost identical dimmable bulb (UTILITECH PRO) for the same price except it uses 7.5W and is Warm/Soft White instead of Bright White. You can't tell these from incandescents. I stocked up. :mrgreen:
I also have done pretty well with the 7.5W, warm white, 430 lumen Utilitech bulbs from Lowes. They seem to be as bright as advertised, with decent color. We have a number of them in our home, in "important" locations like the kitchen, a bathroom, and my office. On sale I've seen them go for $10. The last I checked, the regular price was $15. We've had one or two bulbs fail after a year or so, but Lowes accepted a return.

The biggest issue I've had with "cheap" LED lightbulbs is the electronics failing prematurely. The LEDs themselves may very well last for tens of thousands of hours, but the electronics usually seem to be the weak link.

Back