4/22 Dashboard delivery dates inexplicably on hold?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoaty said:
boyodublin said:
After almost 8 weeks stuck on 4/22, my Dashboard just changed to week of June 6th.
BIG WHoopie!
Actually, that probably means you are entering the home stretch. The Dashboard date only changes when a "milestone" has been achieved. Presumably, that means your car is no longer on hold at the port. I would love to have my Dashboard date change.

Not true! As you can see by my signature, my DB has changed many, many times!

lzendle said:
Not true! As you can see by my signature, my DB has changed many, many times!
That just means that you have hit more "milestones" than the rest of the developed world combined :lol: You must be a very advanced being. ;)

My Dashboard had already changed 5 or 6 times before finally getting stuck on 4/22 for weeks!

Just got the newer version of the 7 day email, which doesn't actually say 7 days anymore?
Beats me?

But really happy something is happening...
BTW, Brian is nice guy but has no real info or influence...after all, he told me more than 4 weeks ago that I would have my car in a "few days."
yeahhh, right!
Not his fault, just a lack of information flow to CS.....

lzendle said:
The Dashboard date only changes when a "milestone" has been achieved.

I actually think your DB moves more when a milestone HAS NOT been achieved. That is to say the DB is tied to a nominal schedule with milestones as anchor points. If you are in the nominal timeline and milestone 1 should have occured, and one week later it hadn't, then your DB ETA will move by 1 week. Based on my experience with the DB ETA and those reported here, I am very confident that this is the type of system they have "underneath the hood".

scharlj said:
lzendle said:
The Dashboard date only changes when a "milestone" has been achieved.

I actually think your DB moves more when a milestone HAS NOT been achieved. That is to say the DB is tied to a nominal schedule with milestones as anchor points. If you are in the nominal timeline and milestone 1 should have occured, and one week later it hadn't, then your DB ETA will move by 1 week. Based on my experience with the DB ETA and those reported here, I am very confident that this is the type of system they have "underneath the hood".

I completely disagree. Went from month of April, to Week of April 29, to week of May 6th. Its been at May 6th for the last 7 weeks. I have surely missed milestones (the delivery date for one!) and that has not caused my date to change. For the last 4 weeks, is seems my car has been waiting on accessories to be installed. I wish I could trust that to be accurate. I also wish that the date would change now and then. Now I feel that my car is lost in limbo-land.

scharlj said:
My dashboard says April 22nd. Think I've missed my last milestone, by more than a month now, and no update. So there goes that theory.

In other news, yesterday I came up behind a Ocean Blue Leaf, from my PD, on the freeway heading home. Various lane changes and such by both of us resulted in me seeing the car from all sides--sure looked good. The driver ignored my admittedly maniacally grinning attempts to give her a thumbs up or other sign of enthusiasm.

I got off the freeway, and the next turn I made I see ANOTHER Ocean Blue, also from my PD, parked. Later, I call my wife to tell her, and she reports seeing yet another in the parking lot she's leaving!

THREE cars, like the one we've ordered, in (or driving through) our town, all from our PD! And our car, sitting sad and forlorn in the big parking lot at the port.

Sigh...

Well today is my day folks. I happened to be in the bay area today so it worked out well. Heading to Boardwalk to pick it up now. Hopefully they got the wire transfer.

smkettner said:
nader said:
Woke up this morning to an "expected delivery" email and "week of 5/26" dashboard date. Maybe now they'll intentionally under promise and it will arrive in a few days.
My bet is your Leaf is on a truck right now or will be tomorrow. If not then it is just waiting for the next truck to your area.
Does not take long once your number comes up. Grats on the delivery.

lonndoggie said:
THREE cars, like the one we've ordered, in (or driving through) our town, all from our PD! And our car, sitting sad and forlorn in the big parking lot at the port.

Sigh...
Bet that they all were 2011 orders and have already received the full CA rebate.

Here's something new,

My car was delivered to Nissan of Downtown L.A. last Wednesday afternoon, 5/18. Yes, ahead of their revised estimate of 5/23. Of course, I left town on a long ago planned trip to the east coast on 5/18, and so stopped calling my dealer for updates as of Tuesday. No one informed me of the car's arrival until I called my contact at the dealership from New York today on my way to JFK, and he told me it had arrived last Wednesday.

I'll pick it up tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how that goes. I plan to ask for something for my trouble.

Willieworks/Leaf SLe/Silver
Reserved 4/20/2010
Ordered 10/26/2010
Delivered 05/18/2011

For the usual giggles I thought I'd hit up Nissan CS chat and ask "what up, dog?" with my stuck car.

What I'll take as good news, as a slim glimmer of hope, is that the status my chat-pal saw for my car is 'waiting assignment to dealer'. Not 'needs pollen treatment' (done over a week ago) or 'waiting for accessories' (what I got last time I chatted).

Cautiously optimistic that April 22 will turn to May <something> soon (before we run out of May) and then a phone call.

Just got the call.....

My car has just arrived at the dealer but since there is no technician available to prep., I will not be able to pick it up until Friday!

Oh well---c`est la vie!

I'm very happy to be at the near end of this long saga!

All the best to everyone who is taking this journey with me, and thank you for allowing me to vent along the way..

lonndoggie said:
What I'll take as good news, as a slim glimmer of hope, is that the status my chat-pal saw for my car is 'waiting assignment to dealer'. Not 'needs pollen treatment' (done over a week ago) or 'waiting for accessories' (what I got last time I chatted).
The problem is, the reps make stuff up to try to get you off their backs. I didn't believe they did this until it happened to me. So, you don't know if this is someone who is bored and has a creative explanation, or if there is actually a change.

Stoaty said:
lonndoggie said:
The problem is, the reps make stuff up to try to get you off their backs. I didn't believe they did this until it happened to me. So, you don't know if this is someone who is bored and has a creative explanation, or if there is actually a change.
Thereby my "slim glimmer of hope". I did ask repeatedly if there was any indication of options being a problem (something I'd heard twice from them, with pollen in between those), and she said no.

In another few days, when there's been no update, I'll realize I've been duped again and go sulk some more.

Stoaty said:
lonndoggie said:
I like that my car went from at port on hold for an unknown reason (Which was a couple weeks after being told that it was just waiting to be put on a train to my dealer), to the next day (And a different CS rep) being at hold for accessories. When I requested that I get the car without them I get told that doing that would delay the car even more. I of course ask when the parts are getting in, which of course they do not know. So then I push saying how could they know that it would delay it more since they have no idea when the parts will come in. I continue to push and finally after a long pause I'm told it is not possible to change the order and have the accessories removed.

I got my Leaf today. It went very smoothly. It took about an hour and a half. Nissan of Downtown L.A. cut the usual $500 off the tag. They almost left a standard charge for smog certification on the ticket but I pointed it out to them and they removed it. I bought the extended "Gold" service contract for $900. My ride to work was great. Very quiet, and everything seems to work. So far so good. If I can just avoid having to deal with Nissan Corporate for anything, everything should be fine.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Willieworks

Update on my call to supervisor Brian at Nissan CS:

He hasn't heard back from the port re: what is happening with my car, but has emailed them again. It seems that the problem is still the pollen. He guessed that perhaps 70% of the affected cars have had the pollen cleaned off. Nissan CS was given a date of May 16, then a date of May 23, and now a date of "the end of May" to have all affected cars cleaned. The process involves a special room with infrared lights, and the time needed may vary from car to car. He assured me that there was no scrubbing or other harsh actions that would affect the paint or finish. They have never run into this issue before, so took a bit of time to figure out how to deal with the problem. There is no other holdup besides the pollen issue, so once pollen is cleaned off the car should be ready for assignment to dealer. Brian promised to call as soon as he hears something specific about my car. I am hopeful that my car will be ready to be shipped out in a week or so.

cdub said:
Just got the expected delivery e-mail and estimated delivery changed on my dashboard to week of May 30th.
Congratulations! I think the 4/22 hold problem will be history in a couple of weeks (fingers crossed).

Back