2nd LEAF in Colorado?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw my first Leaf "in the wild" today - an Ocean Blue SL - on I-25 at about Alameda at around 8:30 AM!

It was a horrendous commute into work today!!!!

I spotted it about 1/10 of a mile away, and it took an eternity to catch up with it - at less than 5mph.

I gave the driver the "thumbs-up," but you could tell the commute was as straining on him as it was on the rest of us...

Two items of note: It sported the - all too cool - "ELECTRIC" badge, and "permanent" Colorado plates. So, this Leafer must have adopted an orphan or imported his Leaf from a earlier tier state.

If he's a member of this forum, I would like to thank him for his commitment to driving 100% electric and for providing me with the thrill of spotting him during such a miserable drive.

At the same time, allow me to apologize for "stalking" you and adding one more annoyance to your already stressful morning... :(

Congratulations, Travisty!!!!!

I am green with envy! :mrgreen:

I can't wait to hear more about your Leaf adventures!

Please post the details of your Dealer experience and your Leaf's maiden drive!

Wishing you many happy miles!

AmpUpCO said:
I saw my first Leaf "in the wild" today - an Ocean Blue SL - on I-25 at about Alameda at around 8:30 AM!

If he's a member of this forum, I would like to thank him for his commitment to driving 100% electric and for providing me with the thrill of spotting him during such a miserable drive.

At the same time, allow me to apologize for "stalking" you and adding one more annoyance to your already stressful morning... :(

I didn't notice the stalking and thanks for the thumbs-up. :D

I took ownership of my Leaf yesterday and went for a maiden voyage of town and highway drive. It is going to be fun learning some new ways of driving :)

There are many aspects to this car that just can't be learned ahead of time by reading posts or the manual. I am VERY technical in my life and while I was able to exhibit knowledge of the workings of the car, I am still very much a newbie.

I am looking forward to seeing other Leaf owners here in CO.

batzman said:
I took ownership of my Leaf yesterday and went for a maiden voyage of town and highway drive. It is going to be fun learning some new ways of driving :)

There are many aspects to this car that just can't be learned ahead of time by reading posts or the manual. I am VERY technical in my life and while I was able to exhibit knowledge of the workings of the car, I am still very much a newbie.

I am looking forward to seeing other Leaf owners here in CO.
Congrats!

batzman said:
...I am looking forward to seeing other Leaf owners here in CO.
I wish I could say the same but I think I will be the only one over here on the far Western Slope for some time to come. I've given nine test drives and three rides in my first 500 miles, so perhaps someday someone else will get one over here.
leafwithlicenseplate035.jpg

Had my Eaton Level 2 240VAC/30A hardwired EVSE installed in my home last week by a very professional Denver electric company. The cost was $650 including permits. It looks beautiful.

Now all I need is my LEAF!!! :)

My LEAF portal is still locked at the Week of the 13th for delivery.

Anyone want to start a Nissan LEAF club in Denver? Maybe on meetup.com??

Congratulations, GREENEV!

Pics, please!

I went with the AreoVironment unit, and paid way too much for it! :evil:

Count me in on the Colorado Leaf Club!

Sadly, still no Leaf for me either...

I've had the station installed since early November. Thinking of joining PlugShare just to see if it works! :D

Colorado Leaf Club!! I love it. Google Groups or meetup.com or another suggestion??

FYI: I emailed Douglas County and Arapahoe County regarding installing EV chargers and each replied, but with sad news. No sight of any public EVSE's on the horizon by either county. :cry:

Good news: Boulder is implementing Level 1 and 2 public EVSE's like crazy.
See the following: North Boulder Recreation Center, East Boulder Community Center, Municipal Building, and 1500 Pearl Street Parking Garage for public use. There will also be another 5 installed for just city fleet use. Alfalfa's at Arapahoe and Broadway also has two Level 2 charging stations and UC Boulder has one at their Law Building.

Colorado Springs: A level 2 EVSE was recently installed downtown.

Denver and its surrounding counties really need to step up to the plate. I'm considering installing a commercial LEVEL 2 EVSE at my place of business in Arapahoe County. I'll keep you posted.

Busy day today:

Put ELECTRIC on the back hatch, upgraded the horn and put on mud guards.

Looking good so far.... This week the Leaf will be getting the clear bra and tinted windows.

Really loving the car. It is so nice knowing that I am not paying anything to drive this car (no gas or electricity) - I have solar and have over produced for a while now.

Colorado meet-up....

Would February be a good timeframe to organize a meet?

Can I get some ideas to a meet location? Should be somewhere central as there could be some owners from Boulder and Colorado Springs. (sorry Western Slope - :?)

Thoughts?

Loving the drive. Today was my first commute today without a problem - charging to 80% overnight with the easily setup charge timer.

Giving my co-workers test drives today and gave my neighbor a drive yesterday - he was really surprised about the pickup and silence.

Just make sure when leasing to explain that the fed. rebate applies before the lease calculations. The dealer missed that part and the monthly rates were in the 680s! While i went in to lease, i decided in the end to buy it - it cost the same per month so what the heck, i'll buy it.

Colorado Walgreen's update:

Just got word that Walgreen's in Castle Pines North and Highlands Ranch(Quebec and University) should have their 40A EVSE's up and running in about 2-3 weeks!!!

As far as Colorado Springs is concerned:
The Springs’ first charging station was installed in early December at First & Main Town Center, along Powers Boulevard on the east side. The station is a short walk from a Cinemark movie theater complex and several restaurants; First & Main’s developer and other partners said the station would allow vehicle owners to get a charge while watching a movie or having a meal.

http://www.gazette.com/articles/electric-130982-charging-springs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Colorado meet-up....

Would February be a good timeframe to organize a meet?

Can I get some ideas to a meet location? Should be somewhere central as there could be some owners from Boulder and Colorado Springs. (sorry Western Slope - )

Thoughts?

I'd be willing to "host" a meetup at my store(and nice huge parking lot too) located in the Arapahoe Marketplace on Arapahoe Rd in Greenwood Village in February. I would try to get the press(ABC 7) involved too once we have a firm date set. Mike Nelson, the weatherman is a huge fan of the electric car movement. As a matter of fact I can email him this week and see if he's at all interested.

That location seems good.... I'll wait for others to chime in, but I like the location and the month. As for Channel 7... let me know, my neighbor is one of the program managers at Channel 7 so if Mike Nelson passes... maybe we can still get some coverage. I'll wait to ask him until you hear back from Mr. Nelson. I was at the National Plug in day here in Denver... Mike Nelson is a good speaker and it'll be a good continuation from that day.

I'm in for a Feb meetup....

FYI - I can get a forum set up on one of my servers for "Colorado Leafs" or whatever. Could even get a domain name.. if you all think it would be good to organize local events and have local discussions?

I found a level 3 charging station at Sheridan & 120th, where is outside of Walgreen Drug store. I call the store (303-410-1105), and they told me it is operating. I will go there to check it out when I get chance.
I am planning to drive to DIA from Boulder. The shortest round trip is about 85 miles, but it will be 65 miles back to this charging station. There is a Nissan dealer on 104th, but only level 2.

Xiaoyu,

I just checked that location and it is a Level 2. I was out spotting chargers up north in my neck of the woods... and recording them in Plugshare.com. The Walgreens locations are all going to be Level 2 chargers I think.

Back