2F 80% Charge and 69 miles Not!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you CRLeafSL 100%. No, 110%. But in 2011, when I tried to buy a new Leaf, the dealer here in Canada told me they will not sell the car to me, because I don't have a heated garage. I thought it was a stupid answer and got me frustrated. So I waited to get a used one I could modify as I wanted not caring about warranty. If I would have known then, I would have bought the car 3 years ago. 300 watts, 12 to 20 nights per year in nothing in electricity cost to me compared to building a garage. I use my leaf with the heat at max power (4.5 to5 kW) and max fan speed every day, like a gas powered car would be. Nissan should have added those pads built-in.... Even the current winter package is not enough, keeping the battery at a warm (near freezing) temp is such a good thing for the range, it is commercially dum not to have provided this. This summer, I might look into connecting the 120 volt wire directly to the internal 240 for ease of use.

Yvesm said:
... This summer, I might look into connecting the 120 volt wire directly to the internal 240 for ease of use.
That probably won't work for you. The 240v input doesn't have the neutral you'd require for 120v operation and even if it did, some (most? all?) EVSEs have GFCI protection which would detect the unbalanced load and trip. You could substitute 240v heating pads...but even if you did that, the 240v input is only live when the car is actively charging, so the heat would go off as soon as the charging stopped.

Gee, you busted my bubble so rapidly , you are right. Thank you for that reality check. A plug in the trap will be, then.

Back