2023 Leaf battery question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juvenescent

Hi Everyone,

I am still debating which EV to buy but am quite interested in the 2023 Leaf, SV plus trim. Some sites claim it has a 62 kw battery (like the 2022 model), but a number of others a 60kw battery. Since Nissan made minimal changes on the 2023 refresh, it would seem strange that they would changed the battery size on its upper trim. Does anybody know?

Thanks.

I am still debating which EV to buy but am quite interested in the 2023 Leaf, SV plus trim. Some sites claim it has a 62 kw battery (like the 2022 model), but a number of others a 60kw battery. Since Nissan made minimal changes on the 2023 refresh, it would seem strange that they would changed the battery size on its upper trim. Does anybody know?
My understanding is that it is basically the same battery but the battery management system has been tweaked. I suspect that is basically a programmimg difference. Now, what the vehicle gains from this in terms of battery performance or reliability I do not know. Perhaps someone with more inside knowledge will weigh in.

My understanding is that it is basically the same battery but the battery management system has been tweaked. I suspect that is basically a programmimg difference. Now, what the vehicle gains from this in terms of battery performance or reliability I do not know. Perhaps someone with more inside knowledge will weigh in.
I don't have any inside knowledge, but one possibility is that the BMS was 'tweaked' to add a bit of unused capacity at either the top or bottom so as to extend the life of the usable range?

Back