2018 leaf, not seen this problem on internet

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giorgi tsiramua

obd.jpg
i was charging with kinda old charger it stopped charging and started beeping, tried to delete codes but couldnt delete this ones. on dashboard it says parking brake failure and every light is on. 12v battery is on 12v

What is the age and condition of your 12V battery?

An old, weak or worn out 12V battery will cause a multitude of faults such as you have found, especially the CAN buss errors (U1000 codes) which will absolutely prevent driving and charging.

The first step in troubleshooting is to have a good, strong, fully charged 12V battery to see if the CAN buss errors go away, then any "real" faults will be revealed.

You may not have seen this on the internet, but we have seen this hundreds of times on EV forums.

Last edited:
I would, in this order:
1, disconnect the 12 volt and charge it with a normal automotive battery charger, then load test.
2, while that is being done, clean the terminals on the 12 volt leads on the Leaf
3, re install 12 volt and connect the leads.
Before trying to charge the traction battery see if the car will turn on and if there are any warnings
4, check Leafspy for any remaining codes.
5, try and charge the traction battery.
That way you get several steps done at one time, you force a clearing of codes, you know the 12 volt is charged and in working order.
By just turning on, you will see if there are any "current" codes being thrown without adding a charge into the mix.
Leafspay will confirm what, if any codes remain.
finely by attempting to charge the traction battery you will find out if that is the issue or not.

What is the age and condition of your 12V battery?

An old, weak or worn out 12V battery will cause a multitude of faults such as you have found, especially the CAN buss errors (U1000 codes) which will absolutely prevent driving and charging.

The first step in troubleshooting is to have a good, strong, fully charged 12V battery to see if the CAN buss errors go away, then any "real" faults will be revealed.
i tried different 12v battery, and codes still remain this, could there be blown fuse bcs there is a loads of weird problems

I would, in this order:
1, disconnect the 12 volt and charge it with a normal automotive battery charger, then load test.
2, while that is being done, clean the terminals on the 12 volt leads on the Leaf
Before trying to charge the traction battery see if the car will turn on and if there are any warnings
That way you get several steps done at one time, you force a clearing of codes, you know the 12 volt is charged and in working order.
By just turning on, you will see if there are any "current" codes being thrown without adding a charge into the mix.
finely by attempting to charge the traction battery you will find out if that is the issue or not.

I would, in this order:
my father was charging it and it stoped charging, than someone told my father to tap the charger and when he did, then car started beeping and red dashlight warnings

my father was charging it and it stoped charging, than someone told my father to tap the charger and when he did, then car started beeping and red dashlight warnings
See cornbinder89's comment. Until you have ***100%*** eliminated the 12V auxiliary battery as being the issue (by doing what cornbinder89 say) you are wasting your time.

You could, of course, also try a different charge*point* (the charger is in the car unless you are charging from DC).

A million different weird errors that don't seem to correlate with each other is almost always the 12V battery, another vote for that pile!

Back