2013/2014 Nissan Leaf Lease Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sport1000 said:
Corina1231 said:
Leased my second Leaf (leased a 2012 SL last October on a great year end closeout deal) today at Premier Nissan in San Jose.

Here are the terms:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Blue Ocean, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats and Hologram Kick Plates

MSRP $34,600

Sales Price $31,285

Lease terms: 2 year, 12k miles per year. Not VPP.

Down:$1,000 (includes first month payment of $165.52).

Payment: 23 more months @ $209 month as I negotiated; then they applied my $1000 customer loyalty money and it became only 23 @ $165.52 month for a total of $3806.96. Includes all TTL, taxes etc.

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle.

Awesome deal Corina1231! I might be contacting you real soon if you don't mind for your contact at the dealership you went to. Would love to score a similar deal without the loyalty though.
Sure, as I mentioned in my original post:

"Premier Nissan in San Jose - my salesperson was Jason, though his closer manager K.P and I really finally struck the deal after about 2 hours of negotiation. It was four hours before I finally got out of the place with my car, which was about the same amount of time I spent there last October."

KRMax said:
Well, after going back-and-forth with semi-literate people in the Internet Sales departments at 9 dealerships over the past 3 days (and getting passed up to more qualified people actually willing to negotiate instead of just ask me to come in to their dealerships), I'm about ready to close on this deal:

2013 Nissan Leaf SV, Metallic Slate, with QC/LED package, floor and cargo mats, and splash guards
MSRP $34,615
Sales Price $30,635 (quoted as $4k discount, but I'm still waiting for clarification on the $20 difference (MSRP as 34,635 instead of 34,615, as seen in a window sticker pic they sent)

VPP
24 month
$259.69/month (includes all TTL, taxes etc.)
0 down
(not sure if i need to pay the first months payment before driveoff?).
12k miles

Dispo fee: $395 at turn in of vehicle. (not discussed but assuming - we'll see about negotiated more on that)
Breakdown: 34635 (MSRP) - 4000 (discount) - 7500 (credit) + 699 (Administrative Fee) + 225 (State and local taxes - NC is 3%) + 784 (Title & license fees)
Money factor: 0.00156

Comparing to other deals and offers it seems pretty good. I think part of getting the good deal is that I didn't want the LED / QC package, and didn't want to pay for it, so they were willing to negotiate more. I'm still seeing if other dealers can beat it. One already replied and said "I'm going to suggest you take advantage of the dealer who is willing to lose money on your deal." :roll: - like he'd sell it if it were truly losing him money.

Thoughts?

Also, thanks a ton to everyone for the contributions on this board. I would have been lost in this process otherwise.
KRMax,

You asked for my thoughts so here goes:

You are leasing a Leaf with identical specs as the one I just leased and the same MSRP (within $15) . Yet, your dealer says the selling price of your Leaf is only $30,635, compared to my selling cost of $31,285, $650 LESS than mine. So, one would expect that the total cost of your lease would be LESS than my deal.

But, notice when all is said and done you are actually paying about $6216 for your lease plus the $395 Dispo fee. With my $1000 down (includes first month) and the $209 a month I got (not considering my loyalty discount) I would only be paying only $5807 plus $395 dispo fee for mine.

All of our other dealer charges and license look to be about the same, and your taxes are only 3% while ours is 8.5%, so why would you be paying over $400 MORE over the lifetime of the lease. You should be paying LESS than me. Did they inflate your money factor or nail you somewhere else?

That's why I preach as to leases that one should ignore all the numbers they throw at you and only look at the TOTAL COST of your lease, calculated by DOWN plus TOTAL OF PAYMENTS plus Dispo fee. I don't care what they tell me any of their other numbers, including selling price and money factor, are. It doesn't matter for comparison purposes.

That said, this forum has shown that Leafs consistently lease for more in North Carolina and most everywhere else than Northern CA where I live. I think you would still have a very good deal with the deal you have. It is better than any deal I've seen come out of NC on this forum. I'd try to figure out why your total came out so much higher than mine and try to narrow the gap, but even if you can't get it lower I'd take the deal. Congratulations on your hard work - it payed off!

Corina1231 said:
sonnylax said:
Great deal Corina1231!!

I was about $150 (total 24-month lease cost) higher then you for my basic S model with Quick Charger last month. And I had VPP.

I really like that Blue Ocean color. I wish I could have gotten one of those, but was more interested in getting a better deal financially.

Please explain how the customer loyalty money works. Do you have a certain time frame to use that $1k on another Nissan purchase or lease?
Thanks. But don't you get that great tax credit in GA? I know from this forum that for whatever reason the deals here in Northern California can't be beat. The dealers continue to sell and lease case for what they claim is "under invoice", but everybody knows they are making their money somewhere or they wouldn't give these deals. Perhaps they are collecting a $2500 state rebate on each car that we buyers only get if we purchase a Leaf or lease one for 36 months or more.

I negotiated the $1000 down, $209 a month deal on the SV with QC/Led option. I then asked them if they would give my friend Leon the same deal. Guess what, they did and Leon picked his car up today, the identical blue ocean Leaf I leased with the same MSRP and exact same lease terms! Of course, Leon then didn't get the $1000 loyalty discount to $165 a month that I did because it was his first Nissan purchase or lease. We and our spouses had fun putting two cars side by side this afternoon and posing for photos with the cars.

Regarding the customer loyalty money. I leased a black 2012 Leaf SL for an amazing end of year deal last October when they were liquidating them. In April, 2013 Nissan sent me and other prior Nissan customers an offer in the mail to present the coupon to the dealer to get $1000 toward the purchase or lease of another new Nissan (not Infinity) product. It had an expiration date of December, 2013. It said to make your best deal then present the coupon. Of course, I would never have shown them the coupon first or tell them about it because I know dealers and they would try to get a piece of the pie figuring I would pay a little more because I really wanted to use the coupon baldly. I was still in disbelief of the great offer and was looking for some fine print but there wasn't any. Then I thought that maybe they wouldn't really give ME the $1000 credit but instead take a $1000 off the sales price of the car, which would not benefit me as much on the lease deal.

But there was no catch! I went in and made my best deal at $1000 down, $209 a month and then pulled out my coupon in the finance office. The $1000 down stayed the same but my loyalty money reduced my 24 months of payments by a little more than $40 a month down, saving me $1000! I still can't believe the deal. I hope they send me, you and all other Nissan buyers a coupon next year. I know that I would definitely use it again by next December. Note that there is separate thread on this forum dealing exclusively with the customer loyalty money issue and people's experiences.

As for us, we are stoked. We have solar on our house so we run our two Leafs off of it. We still keep a gas Lexus for trips. So we have 3 cars. My spouse and I are the only drivers but our daughter gets her license next month. She loves the blue Leaf, too, and will drive it. It is the exact shade of blue of her school colors. If someone in my San Jose area wants help getting my similar deal I'll be glad to try - just contact me. Best wishes!

I am based in San Jose and looking to lease a Leaf SV with quick-charge. (I am eligible for VPP pricing). Would love to get the same deal as you have. (BTW, I bought a Nissan Maxima from Capitol Nissan 10 years back. Does that qualify me for loyalty program?)

skm said:
Corina1231 said:
sonnylax said:
Great deal Corina1231!!

I was about $150 (total 24-month lease cost) higher then you for my basic S model with Quick Charger last month. And I had VPP.

I really like that Blue Ocean color. I wish I could have gotten one of those, but was more interested in getting a better deal financially.

Please explain how the customer loyalty money works. Do you have a certain time frame to use that $1k on another Nissan purchase or lease?
Thanks. But don't you get that great tax credit in GA? I know from this forum that for whatever reason the deals here in Northern California can't be beat. The dealers continue to sell and lease case for what they claim is "under invoice", but everybody knows they are making their money somewhere or they wouldn't give these deals. Perhaps they are collecting a $2500 state rebate on each car that we buyers only get if we purchase a Leaf or lease one for 36 months or more.

I negotiated the $1000 down, $209 a month deal on the SV with QC/Led option. I then asked them if they would give my friend Leon the same deal. Guess what, they did and Leon picked his car up today, the identical blue ocean Leaf I leased with the same MSRP and exact same lease terms! Of course, Leon then didn't get the $1000 loyalty discount to $165 a month that I did because it was his first Nissan purchase or lease. We and our spouses had fun putting two cars side by side this afternoon and posing for photos with the cars.

Regarding the customer loyalty money. I leased a black 2012 Leaf SL for an amazing end of year deal last October when they were liquidating them. In April, 2013 Nissan sent me and other prior Nissan customers an offer in the mail to present the coupon to the dealer to get $1000 toward the purchase or lease of another new Nissan (not Infinity) product. It had an expiration date of December, 2013. It said to make your best deal then present the coupon. Of course, I would never have shown them the coupon first or tell them about it because I know dealers and they would try to get a piece of the pie figuring I would pay a little more because I really wanted to use the coupon baldly. I was still in disbelief of the great offer and was looking for some fine print but there wasn't any. Then I thought that maybe they wouldn't really give ME the $1000 credit but instead take a $1000 off the sales price of the car, which would not benefit me as much on the lease deal.

But there was no catch! I went in and made my best deal at $1000 down, $209 a month and then pulled out my coupon in the finance office. The $1000 down stayed the same but my loyalty money reduced my 24 months of payments by a little more than $40 a month down, saving me $1000! I still can't believe the deal. I hope they send me, you and all other Nissan buyers a coupon next year. I know that I would definitely use it again by next December. Note that there is separate thread on this forum dealing exclusively with the customer loyalty money issue and people's experiences.

As for us, we are stoked. We have solar on our house so we run our two Leafs off of it. We still keep a gas Lexus for trips. So we have 3 cars. My spouse and I are the only drivers but our daughter gets her license next month. She loves the blue Leaf, too, and will drive it. It is the exact shade of blue of her school colors. If someone in my San Jose area wants help getting my similar deal I'll be glad to try - just contact me. Best wishes!

I am based in San Jose and looking to lease a Leaf SV with quick-charge. (I am eligible for VPP pricing). Would love to get the same deal as you have. (BTW, I bought a Nissan Maxima from Capitol Nissan 10 years back. Does that qualify me for loyalty program?)
Skm, You are the second person to contact me for help. I am helping that person now. I reside in San Jose and the dealership is a couple miles from my home. Why don't you contact me privately through the forum (if you know how), as the other person did, and we can communicate on a more private and personal level.

As far as the customer loyalty, my guess is 10 years ago may not qualify. You will have to check by contacting Nissan. Who knows, they may want you back and they'll give it to you, or maybe give you some other incentive. It never hurts to try. I read in a companion forum that if one didn't receive the mailer that you can simply give the dealer your prior Nissan's VIN number to qualify. Of course, it still might not work for the 10 year old car even if you could access your VIN through your insurance company or other records. I leased my other Nissan just last year and they sent me my mailer coupon in April this year with a December expiration date.

Btw, Premier Nissan, the dealership I used, is on Capitol, so it's probably the same place you bought your Maxima.

Cheers!

Ron

Corina1231 said:
You are leasing a Leaf with identical specs as the one I just leased and the same MSRP (within $60). Yet, your dealer says the selling price of your Leaf is only $30,635, compared to my selling cost of $31,285, $650 LESS than mine. So, one would expect that the total cost of your lease would be LESS than my deal.

But, notice when all is said and done you are actually paying about $6216 for your lease plus the $395 Dispo fee. With my $1000 down (includes first month) and the $209 a month I got (not considering my loyalty discount) I would only be paying only $5807 plus $395 dispo fee for mine.

All of our other dealer charges and license look to be about the same, and your taxes are only 3% while ours is 8.5%, so why would you be paying over $400 MORE over the lifetime of the lease. You should be paying LESS than me. Did they inflate your money factor or nail you somewhere else?
Thanks Corina1231!

The best I can unravel, the only somewhat inflated piece compared to other quotes I've gotten is that their Doc/Title/etc fee is $784 (compared to $572 for another). Punching that into the Spreadsheet, I managed to get a monthly price of $258.06, which is in spitting distance of their quoted $258.77/month.

The theoretical VPP deal on an SV w/ floor mats, splash guards, and NO LED/QC with 3% taxes and $500 for doc/title/etc works out to $261.73 / month, so this seems like I'm doing better than that.

Here is the spreadsheet I modified to pull up those numbers. One tab has my deal (floor mats, splash guards, LED/QC) and the second tab has the SV theoretical w/ floor mats, splash guards, and NO LED/QC :
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3XsZvlnqNBoZDNCX2JwWXA5RzA/edit?usp=sharing

KRMax said:
Breakdown: 34635 (MSRP) - 4000 (discount) - 7500 (credit) + 699 (Administrative Fee) + 225 (State and local taxes - NC is 3%) + 784 (Title & license fees)
Money factor looks good (actually better than I've seen).

What is that $699 "Administrative Fee" ? Looks like junk fees - ask them to remove it.

784 (Title & license fees) - I guess this is the norm in your state ?

Otherwise, the deal looks good.

evnow said:
KRMax said:
Money factor looks good (actually better than I've seen).

What is that $699 "Administrative Fee" ? Looks like junk fees - ask them to remove it.

784 (Title & license fees) - I guess this is the norm in your state ?

Otherwise, the deal looks good.

I just checked my lease agreement. Here is the breakdown:

Vehicle cost: $30,690
Acquisition fee: $595
Added up,
Equals Total gross cap cost: $31,285

Registration fees: $290
Doc processing charge: $80
DMV filing fee: $29
Title fee: n/a

I don't have an "administrative fee" of $699 and my title/reg cost is $500 less than yours. Evnow hit it on the head, as usual. That is where you are being screwed, the $699 BS fee. Still a very good deal for NC. Obviously, it would be an incredibly great deal If you can do something about the $699 BS fee.

Best of Luck,

Ron

Thank you all for the help with leasing. This board has been invaluable.

I picked up my silver Leaf 2013 SV with QC and floor mats today from Napa Nissan. I paid $2000 down plus $189 per month for 23 more months for a total of $6347 before disposition fee. My tax rate in Sebastopol is 9%, so that skews the numbers a bit. That was not a VPP deal. I think it is a very good deal. I am totally thrilled with the car. Drove it home from Napa Nissan 42 miles, and "Lucy" (that is what my wife wants to call her) drove just great.

I want to give kudos to Napa Nissan. I worked with Mike there. [email protected]

He is a veteran salesman. My dealings with him over the email were totally straightforward. He was totally helpful. He agreed to the deal as outlined. They had sold the car that they had in inventory, but he located another one and had it ready for me today. The experience at the dealership was fantastic. We got there and saw the car charging. I had already filled out some of the paperwork online. The finance guy (also named Mike) was ready with the lease paperwork. It was already filled out totally correctly with no hidden surprises of any kind. Once signed I used their computer to sign up for CarWings, and then went out into the car and connected the car. Then we were on our way. Must have been less than an hour. I am totally satisfied with the service I got there, and I highly recommend them.

Honorable mention goes to Justin at Boardwalk in Redwood City. He also had a good deal, though not as good as this one. The main thing is that he was totally transparent with the numbers. I went with Napa because they were much closer, and also the deal was hundreds less.

dndrich said:
I picked up my silver Leaf 2013 SV with QC and floor mats today from Napa Nissan.
Congratulations! Good to see that you were able to find a good dealer and a great lease deal as well. Please join the friendly banter in our local group, if you were on Facebook. Look forward to seeing you on the road or perhaps at one of our owner meet-ups in the future.
newownermnl

I just picked up my 2013 SL could not get the VPP pricing. $2500 down and $246 per month for 23m with all taxes included. Drove the car home and it would not charge. They had to send out a Tow truck to pick up. I hope I can start driving it soon after my leaf is repaired.

dndrich said:
I picked up my silver Leaf 2013 SV with QC and floor mats today from Napa Nissan. I paid $2000 down plus $189 per month for 23 more months for a total of $6347 before disposition fee. My tax rate in Sebastopol is 9%, so that skews the numbers a bit. That was not a VPP deal. I think it is a very good deal. I am totally thrilled with the car. Drove it home from Napa Nissan 42 miles, and "Lucy" (that is what my wife wants to call her) drove just great.
You probably got a better deal than VPP. Given the 9% sales tax, no $1k loyalty, it is a very good deal.

evnow said:
dndrich said:
You probably got a better deal than VPP. Given the 9% sales tax, no $1k loyalty, it is a very good deal.

That is what I thought also. Thanks! Happy with the new car and the whole experience so far.

Thanks to great help from Corina1231 I signed a lease for 2013 SV with QC + Floor Mats + Cargo Cover. The number we settle for was 1000 DriveOff (includes Fees, Doc etc) + 213 per month for 23 months for a total price of 5899 (+the disposal fee of 395). I am looking forward to picking it later this week.

If you are in the bay area and looking to lease a LEAF, send a note to Corina1231 to see if he can help you.

skm said:
Thanks to great help from Corina1231 I signed a lease for 2013 SV with QC + Floor Mats + Cargo Cover. The number we settled for was 1000 DriveOff (includes Fees, Doc etc) + 213 per month for 23 months for a total price of 5899 (+the disposal fee of 395). I am looking forward to picking it later this week.

If you are in the bay area and looking to lease a LEAF, send a note to Corina1231 to see if he can help you.
Thanks for your kind words, Sanjay. I was happy to meet you at the dealership today and help you navigate the waters to get basically the same deal I got for myself and my friend, Leon, over the weekend. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you in the carpool lane!

Cheers!

Ron

I keep getting quoted good monthly rates, but the down payment always includes $1500 in "taxes" that I'm not seeing here. I could pay $128/month for 24 months for an SV with $3500 down, or $150/month with $3000 down. How do I get to $2000 down and no more than $150 a month?

LeftieBiker said:
I keep getting quoted good monthly rates, but the down payment always includes $1500 in "taxes" that I'm not seeing here. I could pay $128/month for 24 months for an SV with $3500 down, or $150/month with $3000 down. How do I get to $2000 down and no more than $150 a month?

Give us a little more information. Where are you trying to lease? What options if any? Do you qualify for VPP? Taxes make a huge dent depending on where you live. There is also the acquisition fee and a few other legitimate fees that we see in our leases. For example, my area has a 9% tax rate. So right out of the gate I pay 9% of the $7500 from the feds. Compared with a state or area that does not have that, I will pay more. Take a careful look at this thread, and you will see many of the deals with the complete details including where all those fees are, plus residual rates and money factors. Right now, for example, the residual went down to 60% with a 0.00156 money factor. That is different than before May 1.

dndrich said:
LeftieBiker said:

Give us a little more information. Where are you trying to lease? What options if any? Do you qualify for VPP? Taxes make a huge dent depending on where you live. There is also the acquisition fee and a few other legitimate fees that we see in our leases. For example, my area has a 9% tax rate. So right out of the gate I pay 9% of the $7500 from the feds. Compared with a state or area that does not have that, I will pay more. Take a careful look at this thread, and you will see many of the deals with the complete details including where all those fees are, plus residual rates and money factors. Right now, for example, the residual went down to 60% with a 0.00156 money factor. That is different than before May 1.

I live in Upstate NY, and I'm not asking for any options not included in the SV as standard equipment. I guess it's the state I live in, then?

Hi all.

Brought my new Pearl White Leaf with the light interior home. Deal in Maryland was 3k down and 214/mo - lease cost of $8,317. Then there is a $1000 excise tax credit from Maryland. I think I did OK. Would love to hear from other MD drivers - currently considering EVSE options.

R

dndrich said:
Thank you all for the help with leasing. This board has been invaluable.

Congrats on the new lease. It really is a good deal. My question is, the 9% tax is on the payment right? Unlike Georgia here the sales tax on the leasing is on the car's FMP, the tax itself will be like $1500 and your payment will be $60 more per month.......

Hey all, thought I would share the details of my VPP lease:

2013 SV with LED/quick charge package and mats. MSRP $34,xxx.
24 month, 24,000 mile lease.
$2,000 down, $157 a month. Down payment includes first month payment, but not the $395 dispo fee.
Plates and registration are included in that lease payment.
No sales tax on EVs in New Jersey.
$5,768 total cost of lease.

Me = very happy!

Back