2011 leaf - miles "---" key not detected, all warning lights lit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebrod

Sorry but I don't know how to search for this or best to explain. My 2011 leaf has done this twice with my wife when she tried to start it the mile displays "---" under the fuel pump icon. No battery bars are displayed or the battery temp. It will not respond when pushing the start button

It won't turn off either. says key not detected. I disconnected the 12v battery and reattached and it flashes key not detected when I try to restart. I think all the idiot lights where on and it was flashing "Stop Vehicle" it displays the icon with the FOB next to the start button for when the FOB battery is dead.

I disconnected the 12v battery and after an hour or so I reconnected it seems to be fine now. Obviously concerned this will happen again and if I take to the dealer will they find anything wrong with it. Do those OBD (or whatever they're called) work on Leaf's?

Picture:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uV4XLheGLFsmPcRX6

You likely have a low key fob battery, and you may also have a low 12 volt battery. Replace the fob battery, fully charge the 12 volt battery with an external charger, and try again. The app you want is "LeafSpy Pro" and the dongle for it is in my signature - one of the few that works with the Leaf.

Got my version Leafspy. Does this info tell us anything

Leafspy screen grabs:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19x9kiOUgf6Lvxn-aGMDuWHH6JWAwdY2J?usp=sharing

Looks like low voltage in the 12 volt battery. Resolving that may or may not leave additional codes, so charge the accessory battery fully, and then use LeafSpy to reset the codes. You need the Pro version to do that, I believe. Several code resets may be required.

thank you!. I have the pro version and will give it a try. That code could have been from the first time it acted up and the 12v battery died. This is the 2nd time about 2 weeks after the first incident

Back