2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amtoro said:
That is interesting, our money factor was locked since the RAQ process and the credit was not run until the delivery date.
Are you sure of that? My dealer told me up front that the RAC-time deal was based on an assumed money factor, but that was contingent on my credit being as good as I told him it was.

Ray

planet4ever said:
amtoro said:
That is interesting, our money factor was locked since the RAQ process and the credit was not run until the delivery date.
Are you sure of that? My dealer told me up front that the RAC-time deal was based on an assumed money factor, but that was contingent on my credit being as good as I told him it was.

Ray

That is what we were told, and at signing, it was exactly the same. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence... :?

earther said:
earther said:
for a blue 2011 Nissan Leaf SL-E with cargo net and floor mats (but no other options) leased in Santa Clara County, CA (Boardwalk Nissan) from April 24 - October 11: grand total of out-of-pocket monies after 6 months of leasing and now ownership = $29,412.67

Interesting epilogue: a few weeks ago I received a check from NMAC (Nissan's financing arm) to the tune of $6,141.70! Since there was no attached letter of explanation, I decided to hold off cashing it until its legitimacy was confirmed. After a week or so, customer service did get back to me saying it was for overpayment (odd that it didn't come up earlier when I was buying out the lease!) Regardless, that now brings my actual total spent for the Leaf to $23,270.97

-Steve

How did you pull that one off?

I'm bewildered over the lease quote from my local dealer. Nissan web site shows the $369/$2599 36 month lease for the SV and $420/$2599 36 month for the SL.

When I RAQ'd my local dealer he came back with some radically (higher) numbers. I suspect he's not factoring in the $7500 federal credit into the capitalized cost?

Pipemajor said:
I'm bewildered over the lease quote from my local dealer. Nissan web site shows the $369/$2599 36 month lease for the SV and $420/$2599 36 month for the SL.

When I RAQ'd my local dealer he came back with some radically (higher) numbers. I suspect he's not factoring in the $7500 federal credit in the capitalized cost?

If you have a trade that has more owed on it than they are giving you your lease payment will be higher than you expected. I had this situation the first time I got lease info from my dealer. I found that returning my current lease to the VW dealer would get me out of that lease for far less money.

I found it easier to talk directly to the dealer about prices before doing the RAQ. I found an agreeable price this way and it was the price they sent back to me in the response to the RAQ.

Its actually $420 plus tax if it applies

Pipemajor said:

When I RAQ'd my local dealer he came back with some radically (higher) numbers. I suspect he's not factoring in the $7500 federal credit into the capitalized cost?

Are the figures in the original post correct for the 2012 model year? What about with 15,000 mile leases? It appears they dropped the miles down for 2012 advertised lease prices. I'm hoping to get a SV soon.

Pipemajor said:

The website doesn't include the $850 destination charge or sales tax. That could be the difference. I recommend that you ask the dealer to send you a detailed breakdown of the price quote. Just a lease payment isn't enough info for you to tell what they're doing.

I received a lease quote from my dealer on a 2012 SV.
  • 39 month, 15,000 miles/yr.
  • Money factor: 0.00175
  • Residual: 43%, $15,501.50
  • State tax: PA, 6%

$468/mo total (includes tax).

Is this in line with what other people are seeing?

edit: Updated 36 months to 39 months.

garsh said:
I received a lease quote from my dealer on a 2012 SV.
  • 36 month, 15,000 miles/yr.
  • Money factor: 0.00175
  • Residual: 43%, $15,501.50
  • State tax: PA, 6%

$468/mo total (includes tax).

Is this in line with what other people are seeing?

i had no sales tax but your MF is half of what mine was. sales tax makes a huge difference. i put $10,000 down to offset the additional cost of the jacked up MF. may payments are $162.02

i replaced the cash (took it out of my 401 K) when i sold the Prius a few months later for $13,000

DaveinOlyWA said:
i had no sales tax but your MF is half of what mine was. sales tax makes a huge difference. i put $10,000 down to offset the additional cost of the jacked up MF. may payments are $162.02
How come your MF was so high? Are you scared that NMAC will keep all the extra money you put down if your car gets totaled?

QueenBee said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
How come your MF was so high? Are you scared that NMAC will keep all the extra money you put down if your car gets totaled?

i dont plan on wrecking the car (i know that brings little comfort to anyone thinking about doing the same) and talked with my insurance company who seems to think that i am covered.

and why my MF was high...well that has been discussed at length here about my dealer (Rairdons of Auburn) and their tactics.

i went with them because they offered a pretty hefty discount over my local dealer who was going straight MSRP. in the grand scheme of things, i am still ahead of the game, just not as far ahead as i thought i would be.

once again, the payments over the 3 year lease will actually be a bit lower. also have to say that the 3 months that the money was out of my 401K, the price had actually dropped quite a bit.

so, i actually made out on that deal even after the $50 loan fee was applied.

it is all water under the bridge and i was offered the chance to escalate the issue after a few conversations with the General Manager of Nissan Northwest and chose not to.

i am happy and would not want to change a thing

DaveinOlyWA said:
i dont plan on wrecking the car (i know that brings little comfort to anyone thinking about doing the same) and talked with my insurance company who seems to think that i am covered.

and why my MF was high...well that has been discussed at length here about my dealer (Rairdons of Auburn) and their tactics.

i went with them because they offered a pretty hefty discount over my local dealer who was going straight MSRP. in the grand scheme of things, i am still ahead of the game, just not as far ahead as i thought i would be.

Ah, didn't think you'd venture up this far up. I sure hope Rairdon's made enough money to make up for all the negativity they brought to their dealership. Fortunately I had the correct MF in writing so I was able to easily get them to give me the deal I was supposed to get.

Your insurance company read your lease? I'm no lawyer but AFAIC it's pretty clear that they will be keeping ALL of the money that the insurance company pays leaving you not owing anything.

It's too bad NMAC requires you to have insurance otherwise you could just drop fuller coverage since you aren't planning on wrecking it. :p

Personally I think you are insane... $17,500 is a lot of money to be risking. I'm uneasy enough about the $7,500 but I just try to look at that as not really my money. (To be fair I'm assuming a linear depreciation over the term of the lease)

Well I wanted to buy but had to take delivery in 2010 witch did not happen so to be fair they were under the impression I was buying up to the day I picked the Leaf so me was a bit of a different situation

The dealer quote I got I thought was totally out of line:
  • $571 per month
  • $4,995 initial customer payment
  • 36 month lease w/12000 miles per year

This for a 2012 SL with only a few options.

Nissan's website shows:
  • $410 per month
  • $2,599 initial customer payment
  • 36 month lease w/12000 miles per year

I am paying $512 per month, after a $3,450 down payment, but that includes 7% sales tax and I financed within the lease the cost of the $2,300 AV L2 charger (which I just sold today to another forum member after getting my free Clipper Creek from FP&L).

"DaveinOlyWA"i dont plan on wrecking the car (i know that brings little comfort to anyone thinking about doing the same) and talked with my insurance company who seems to think that i am covered...

QueenBee-Your insurance company read your lease? I'm no lawyer but AFAIC it's pretty clear that they will be keeping ALL of the money that the insurance company pays leaving you not owing anything...

Personally I think you are insane... $17,500 is a lot of money to be risking. I'm uneasy enough about the $7,500 but I just try to look at that as not really my money. (To be fair I'm assuming a linear depreciation over the term of the lease)

I got a verbal opinion from my insure co. agent, that my interest, my large cap cost reduction payment, was covered, when I leased, last May.

A month ago, as I was considering buying, and reading both my lease, and insurance contract, the ambiguity of terms could not seem to be resolved, to my satisfaction, and in writing.

I decided to pay off my lease last week, only about $17k total, for financial reasons, but would have pursued the matter further, if I were still leasing.

IMO, whats the point of "insurance", if it's not certain, and hassle free, if and when, you need to make a claim?

edatoakrun said:
I got a verbal opinion from my insure co. agent, that my interest, my large cap cost reduction payment, was covered, when I leased, last May.

A month ago, as I was considering buying, and reading both my lease, and insurance contract, the ambiguity of terms could not seem to be resolved, to my satisfaction, and in writing.

Did your agent read your lease? I have no doubt that insurance company will pay the full value of the car but unless I'm missing something or NMAC happens to be nice that day the owner of a totaled leased LEAF will walk away not owing NMAC anything and at the same time not getting any money.

Back