20 J1772 plugs at Disneyland California!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maaz said:
that's awesome! it's funny because i finally decided to send them an email about me thinking about not renewing my pass next year because of the lack of ev charging, and that was last week. So this is very comforting :).

Talk about service!!! There must have been some emergency meetings to be able to respond to you so quickly! ;)

so i talked to a parking attendant at disney on wednesday, and he said they should be online very soon within the end of the month, and he also said they are just waiting on the decision on how much to charge.

Yeah, Disney doesn't do ANYTHING for free...

Maaz said:
so i talked to a parking attendant at disney on wednesday, and he said they should be online very soon within the end of the month, and he also said they are just waiting on the decision on how much to charge.

philipscoggins said:
Maybe they wave the parking fee if youn charge?....snip........
:lol: :lol:
Right ! ! And maybe they'll throw in a couple churos, too. And a free car wash. ;) Sorry - couldn't resist.
No ... that's not how it will be. even last year (non-RV) customer parking there was what ... somewhere between $15 and $20 ... last I heard. Imagine a more realistic reality: A Prius plug-in arrives at 8AM and hooks up to get their 4ish kWh's. By 9:30 the Prius plugin hybrid is topped off - and its owner is somewhere half way through the two hour Big Thunder que line. It will be first come, first served - and btw there are no plans to make customers come back out to move their cars some 90 minutes later after their teeny charge is done. Think LAX. You'll cruise the lot looking for a spot to hook up and they may well all be filled with plugins that have long completed their charging, that they never really even needed to get back home.

And no, the customer fees aren't $1.75 - it will be less ... (that's all Chargepoint has been told so far) ... but it won't be as cheap as what we employees will be charged (28¢ /kWh) once our units are commissioned.

so i charged here today, it was weird because some of the stations said unrestricted, free. while most of them said paid. so i used the free one and my car was plugged in all day for free, it was pretty awesome. I had to move the gate to park my car, the parking security were surprised it was working and then said "they don't tell us anything!" and then continued to ask me general questions about EV and if i think its worth it. But basically i charged at disneyland for free today, no idea why a couple stations said free while others are paid but cool for now. One question, i called charge point and asked if i stop my charge from the app on my iPhone,(say I'm in the park somewhere and i don't want to charge anymore because it costs per hour), will it stop the hourly charge? the charge point support said it will continue to charge until i physically disconnect the plug, so if this is the case it will be very annoying to leave in the middle of doing something and get back on a tram ride to unplug then go back lol.

You moved the gate? I am guessing since some are free and some are pay, they aren't quite done with the setup, testing, and permitting of these units. Not sure if you sent the right message by taking it upon yourself to do whatever you wanted once you got there and just plug in.

Bateman said:
You moved the gate? I am guessing since some are free and some are pay, they aren't quite done with the setup, testing, and permitting of these units. Not sure if you sent the right message by taking it upon yourself to do whatever you wanted once you got there and just plug in.

After consultation with the parking attendant, I charged there Saturday at port 1 of 20 total:

1313 Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA

Parking fee: $16 daily

ChargePoint fee $0.00 (but I'll bet it will be $1.50/hr)

Hours charged
05:49:34

kWh : 38.136

Bateman said:
I asked the parking attendant before paying for parking about the electric charging and he said if they are up and working you can park there. If they aren't then I wouldn't be able to park there.

Nice gesture.. although you'd think for $16 they could cover the electrical cost.
I guess they do need some sort of mechanism to make sure they aren't monopolized by people who don't really need a charge :/

A place like Disney doesn't really even need L2 charging equipment. Most people will likely be there all day, where L1 (120 outlet) access would likely suffice.

I agree 200 free L1 would be better for the patron than 20 L2 at $1 per hour.
Could have also sold ($5?) an L1 permit to stick on the windshield for the parking attendents to direct them to the less used top deck and plug in using low cost equipment with no network.

Here's the latest update from the Mickey and Friends parking structure, the units are still barricaded off. They are however powered up. They are displaying $1.50 minimum fee and .35 cents per kWh.

Leland said:
Here's the latest update from the Mickey and Friends parking structure, the units are still barricaded off. They are however powered up. They are displaying $1.50 minimum fee and .35 cents per kWh.
thanks for the update Leland, i honestly wouldn't mind paying .35 cents per kWh.

I got a call from Disneyland the other day, they were happy that I had sent them an Email and will consider the tips I gave them, the guy told me that the stations are not online yet, although that member that posted moved the cones and charged freely, they are not set for business yet. They still need the blue painting and the signs to be posted.

The tip I gave them was to allow us to use our Hazard Flashing Lights so that the parking attendants can direct us to where the charge point units are located.

Send them an email with your thoughts and tips. Call or email them, its makes a difference, I called them back in early Dec when there were none and the lady told me that I wasn't the only person that called, and now we have them.

Fred

The Diz Employee EVSE's in the admin parking structure went active 2 days ago. $1/minimum + 28 cents/kWh. The good thing is, the more capacity you loose, the less you have to pay!
:lol:
They're shutting down the 8 no-fee 120v receptacles. Funny thing, BTW, I've already noticed the plugin hybrids have thinned out. Could it be that the puny fee our employer is charging us, was all it took to free up chargers?

Maaz said:
Leland said:
thanks for the update Leland, i honestly wouldn't mind paying .35 cents per kWh.
Hopefully just enough to discourage the hybrids. Otherwise it would soon be tough to get a spot.

By the pic it is hard to tell if this is a preferred location... some may pay just for the privileged spot.

smkettner said:
Maaz said:
Leland said:
Hopefully just enough to discourage the hybrids. Otherwise it would soon be tough to get a spot.

By the pic it is hard to tell if this is a preferred location... some may pay just for the privileged spot.
ahh i hope not, it is preferred, right next to trams.

Just FYI that I posted in the DCQC thread, Stadium Nissan is about 3 miles away from Disneyland on Katella just off the 57. Their QC is supposed to be operational starting on Monday.

Back