$11,900 lease cash for May, 2015

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! I am once again in need of your sage advice. I am very close to leasing but want to make sure my want for this car doesn't get the better of me.

My local dealership, whom I've messaged prior, let me know they have $11,900 lease cash this month (May, 2015). Can anyone confirm? Also, I'm thinking this would make for a stellar monthly payment assuming they come down from MSRP of $35,345. It is a 2015 SV w/ QC & LED, pearl white paint, floor and cargo mats, and splash guards.

I am thinking $31000-$32000 would be reasonable given it is an extremely low volume market, Oklahoma. It's been sitting for almost a year and I know they don't even have it out on the lot. When I checked it this weekend it is sitting in the back, unwashed. :cry:

Accounting for the lease cash & assuming 32,000 agreed price, with no money down, TT&L rolled in, and the $595 acquisition fee, my math puts the payments at around $270.00 + sales tax. Does that sound right? I have some cash to put down but I'd like to avoid it if possible. Thanks in advance. This community is absolutely the best!

I assume that they are factoring in the $7,500 federal credit to arrive at this amount (and perhaps any local or state rebates/credits as well)...

spriteking2012 said:
My local dealership, whom I've messaged prior, let me know they have $11,900 lease cash this month (May, 2015).

The way they structure the price on the website is that they already subtracted Nissan Rebates * $3,500 from MSRP, but I think you should be able to get $11,900 from price they advertise. Nice to see another EV enthusiast, I see quite few Leaf in my area, what will be your daily usage?

EdmondLeaf said:
The way they structure the price on the website is that they already subtracted Nissan Rebates * $3,500 from MSRP, but I think you should be able to get $11,900 from price they advertise. Nice to see another EV enthusiast, I see quite few Leaf in my area, what will be your daily usage?

Likewise! I can't shut up about this car; my family and friends are likely plain sick of hearing about it but I love it. I figured as much on the price. My research tells me the 31-32000 (pre-rebate) price range is fair for dealer and buyer. They may not make a killing but they'll make money. Daily I do about 40 round trip. I am just out of college and so am job hunting and thus range my change. Thankfully, I am centrally located so just about anywhere in the metro is doable with the leaf. How has yours fared ? Any extreme range swings in winter/summer?

DNAinaGoodWay said:
If it's sat there for a year, you should check the pack with Leaf Spy. Who knows if they've left it at 100% for long periods? And it can get hot in OK?

Not terribly hot. I doubt there is much degradation. It has 3 miles on it.

Degradation comes with time as much as mileage... I second getting a Leaf Spy reading on it if it has been sitting for some time (probably at 100% since dealers are mostly clueless about this)...

spriteking2012 said:
Not terribly hot. I doubt there is much degradation. It has 3 miles on it.

TomT said:
Degradation comes with time as much as mileage... I second getting a Leaf Spy reading on it if it has been sitting for some time (probably at 100% since dealers are mostly clueless about this)...
Either that, or it's almost out of juice, and they don't have a QC to get you on your way (one of my experiences -- a dealer had it with 1 bar and 8 miles on the GOM, and no working QC at the dealer, and expected me to wait the 6 hours so I could drive it home...)

Back