Dealership Charge Station Availability & Pacific Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Walterbays you should post the list as an OP in a new thread. Pick a good title for searches and you can also edit it as needed. Nice work!

Good to know who not to go to. I bought my Leaf from North Bay Nissan in Petaluma and I'm almost positive they would let Leafers charge during their open hours (after hours, they seem to be all gated up). I'll confirm tomorrow though. North Bay is 40 miles from my house even though Hanlees Hilltop Nissan of Richmond Ca is right up the street. I avoid Hanlees like the flu as the last time I went shopping for a versa there, they were charging a $2,500 additional dealer markup on the car i wanted. Yuck. I won't go there for service.

Has anyone used their QC port yet? I haven't ;{

TRONZ said:
Walterbays you should post the list as an OP in a new thread. Pick a good title for searches and you can also edit it as needed. Nice work!
I agree. This could be a great resource. I'd also suggest that the quotes be put in quote boxes with the poster's name. Sometimes who's talking is important.

walterbays said:
Mossy Nissan in San Diego

They're not accessible 24/7, only business hours.
All (6) Mossy Nissan Locations in SD have L2 chargers in!
REF: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2249
As an update on this info, in this thread, Leon says: "For the time being until there are other options I am not imposing a restriction based on hours of operation to my 2 chargers in my customer parking. At this time the lot is not obstructed and there is access to the chargers from 6am until 12 midnight. Won't say it will be this way forever, but right now Nissan dealers are the infrastructure." I'm not sure that this applies to any of the other Mossy locations or just the Kearny Mesa one that Leon manages?

TT

The dealers that haven't been mentioned yet where I have charged with no hassle:

San Bernardino County:
Fontana Nissan, Fontana CA - All Leafs - Business hours
2 chargers on north side of lot, unknown in service bay

LA County:
Performance Nissan, Duarte CA - All Leafs - Business hours
2 chargers in center lot, unknown in service bay

Orange County:
Stadium Nissan, Orange CA - All Leafs - Business hours now, but potential for 24/7
1 charger on north side of lot in busy parking area (ICE car will probably have to be moved). 1 charger in service bay surrounded by oil catchers (BOOOOOO!)

Tustin Nissan was already mentioned, and the location of the chargers are on the west side of the lot, in a very cramped parking area where they currently display new vehicles. Very possible they will need to move a vehicle, although they are nice about it.

If Tustin Nissan moves one end of their front, near-EVSEs, Lot-Closed cable, their EVSEs would be available 24/7. When I was there, they seemed open to the idea. Others visiting there might nicely encourage them further.

All charging locations should be encouraged to add appropriate signage, so the spots will be better available for those who NEED to charge. Perhaps: "For Pure EV use Only (during and after charging). Hybrids, ICEs, or other non-electrics may be towed.".

EVDrive said:
Good to know who not to go to. I bought my Leaf from North Bay Nissan in Petaluma and I'm almost positive they would let Leafers charge during their open hours (after hours, they seem to be all gated up). I'll confirm tomorrow though. North Bay is 40 miles from my house even though Hanlees Hilltop Nissan of Richmond Ca is right up the street. I avoid Hanlees like the flu as the last time I went shopping for a versa there, they were charging a $2,500 additional dealer markup on the car i wanted. Yuck. I won't go there for service.

Has anyone used their QC port yet? I haven't ;{
There's a QC in Petaluma or Richmond?

Crown Motors Nissan Redding CA, Chico CA Nissan, and Davis CA Nissan, all state that they allow 24 hour access to their L2's.

I would appreciate it, if any who have used any of the above would post RE their experience.

Has anyone made the ~ 93 mile Chico to Davis drive?

As to a new threads dedicated to L2 Nissan charger access, great idea, I would also suggest separate threads by region, and posting "what you can do while you wait" info.

Crown Motors Redding CA is within a few hundred yards of restaurants, a supermarket, and a riverfront park/trails (the homeless you may find encamped there are generally friendly, BTW) and within a half mile or so of a multiplex theatre, and the Redding main library (very nice, though you will probably find some of the same clientele as reside in the park...).

I received the following positive reply from Boardwalk Nissan in Redwood City, CA:
"Hi Marc,

All LEAF owners are more than welcome to stop by and use one of our charging stations. We currently have 4 EVSE's installed, and we're actively looking into adding more.

Brendan Dolan
Community Director
Boardwalk Auto Center
(650) 305-9432 "

The "their" in the above "used their QC port" question was the QC port (the $700 option) in their own LEAF, not "their" the dealer.

The dealers will not have QC "Ports", just QC Stations or "Chargers" ... IF and when they decide buy them (unlikely anytime soon). :D

Nissan needs to get their less-expensive QC unit introduced into this country.
Do they need an importer or US distributor?
We NEED those less-expensive QC stations before EV sales can really take off.
Ecotality, where are the well-located QC stations?

garygid said:
If Tustin Nissan moves one end of their front, near-EVSEs, Lot-Closed cable, their EVSEs would be available 24/7. When I was there, they seemed open to the idea. Others visiting there might nicely encourage them further.

I'll mention it the next time I need some magic juice. Since nearby Costco has the old SPI paddles, it might be worth the jaunt. I'd look a little dicey pushing a shopping cart down the street though :)

The funny thing about Stadium Nissan is that the GM had his SUV parked in the sole "EVSE Only" spot, and was off-site. The salespeople didn't want me to park next to him and box him in. I had to tell them there was one in the service bay :eek:

The unfortunate part is that our clean Nissan EVSE was surrounded by his enemies, and they were just about to get the jump on him:

337.JPG

340.JPG

All in all it was a positive experience, even though they apparently aren't embracing the movement as I had hoped.

I visited Downtown LA Nissan (Washington Blvd. and Figueroa St.) today to get the business card of the service people for future use and to try their AV unit. I did talk to a service advisor and he told me that the AV units are available 24/7 and have power to them. I asked to see the service bay where the LEAF would be serviced. It was all ICE'd up and the poor AV unit trapped in the back. As I have posted in another thread, the AV units are in a small lot along a fence facing Washington Blvd. at the front of the dealership. The lot is surrounded by a low wall but otherwise is open to the sidewalk. Into the lot, there are 2 driveways with chains lying nearby but I was told they are not chained up at night. The only way to really test this for sure is to go there one night very late and see what the situation is. I will be taking my car to this dealership for service unless I hear bad reports on our forum. Hence, my drop by visit today. I did plug into the AV unit just for the heck of it.
Nearby is Staples center, LA Live, etc. This dealership will be within a short walk from the 23rd St. Expo line light rail station once the Expo line is finished....sometime this fall. We live 1/2 mile from the Crenshaw station of the Expo line so I will be able to leave the car at the dealer if needed and then take Metro home. We are so glad Expo is almost done! :D

First, congratulations on finally getting your car. It is nice to see someone I know getting her car in order.
If it is not inconvenient, would you ask your dealer if they have the production date for your car? I would like to know if it is post-earthquake, as that might help me judge where my car is (or is not).

Second, I too experienced the thrill of driving a Leaf on both surface streets and the freeway this weekend, and I can second everything you have said.

Kataphn said:
I visited Downtown LA Nissan (Washington Blvd. and Figueroa St.) today . . .
This dealership will be within a short walk from the 23rd St. Expo line light rail station once the Expo line is finished....sometime this fall. We live 1/2 mile from the Crenshaw station of the Expo line so I will be able to leave the car at the dealer if needed and then take Metro home. :D
Finally a better solution to spending hours camped out at a dealer's showroom. I have used the Red Line and the Gold Line, as well as Metro-Link. I have found them all convenient.

z0ner said:
garygid said:

I'll mention it the next time I need some magic juice. Since nearby Costco has the old SPI paddles, it might be worth the jaunt. I'd look a little dicey pushing a shopping cart down the street though :)

The funny thing about Stadium Nissan is that the GM had his SUV parked in the sole "EVSE Only" spot, and was off-site. The salespeople didn't want me to park next to him and box him in. I had to tell them there was one in the service bay :eek:

The unfortunate part is that our clean Nissan EVSE was surrounded by his enemies, and they were just about to get the jump on him:

337.JPG

340.JPG

All in all it was a positive experience, even though they apparently aren't embracing the movement as I had hoped.

Hang on to these pictures to show them in about 10 years. Kinda symbolic of our collective struggles right now. :mrgreen:

Remember the EV1 battles?

Back