April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1051 said:
DB just changed from week of April 14 - Week of April 25.
I wonder if that is normal processing or if October and beyond will get pushed back until Nissan can allocate and deliver the September orders.
I am a September order and my estimate is currently 4/22 delayed from 4/15 originally. Time will tell.

I emailed my PD inquiring about my Leaf VIN 820, due "week of April 7" on my DB. He responded that it's on hold at the port for "software upgrades". He is hoping it will be released and shipped no later than next week, but admits he doesn't know.

jlaw99 said:
smkettner said:
If you are concerned I would suggest testing your vehicle before you take delivery. I am trying to assume the fix will be done at the port.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139&start=440

What is the procedure for testing for the AC "bug"? Is there a step by step in the thread? If not, it would be great to have one we could follow. Also, how is there a way to tell if the fix or update or whatever has been applied to the leaf (to address the AC "bug") ? Anyone? Thanks!
Warning lights leading to LEAF that won't run --- Symptoms.

See also page 47 of the "AC "overcharging" causes failure (was : Failed me on Friday)" thread.

On the Month of X to Pending thread, Brendan Dolan posted the following procedure for finding out if your car is in port with a VIN assigned:

Call your PD, and tell them to follow these steps. Log into NNANet, go to "Work Space" and the "Order Management System." Hover over "Reports" and click "Status Reports." Finally, click "Customer Orders" and then he'll have a pdf of all his inbound orders.

If you have a VIN, your car is built. If it has a VIN and the status is "HOLD" it's stuck in the port. I've had a few people lose their ETA's on their dashboard, but their cars are built, and in the port. If your name isn't on that report, your car is not yet in line for production.

Probably the best source of info around--we'll see what CS says when they call me tomorrow.

Week of April 14ther here. Got my "7 day" email today, and the dashboard is now saying week of April 12.

I just finished visiting with my dealer to chat FTF while getting another car serviced. My dashboard still says 14April (no recent changes), but he told me that a HOLD has been put on deliveries because of an issue uncovered with the Air Conditioner, and that customers are supposed to be getting an email from Nissan.
He looked up my VIN#, and confirmed that it is on hold along with all others on their list...

Oh well.....

aqn said:
jlaw99 said:
smkettner said:
If you are concerned I would suggest testing your vehicle before you take delivery. I am trying to assume the fix will be done at the port.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3139&start=440

What is the procedure for testing for the AC "bug"? Is there a step by step in the thread? If not, it would be great to have one we could follow. Also, how is there a way to tell if the fix or update or whatever has been applied to the leaf (to address the AC "bug") ? Anyone? Thanks!
Warning lights leading to LEAF that won't run --- Symptoms.

See also page 47 of the "AC "overcharging" causes failure (was : Failed me on Friday)" thread.

I just read the wiki - that is an awesome collection of information - great to have all the info in one place on the topic - I like it! Thanks!!

Mine changed to week of May 2nd some time between yesterday and this morning. I also received an email from the electrical contractor doing the Blink install wanting to schedule an install time. It's kind of bad that I learned my car was coming from the electrical contractor first.

Perhaps some cars are finally coming out of Long Beach. My delivery changed on the Nissan site this morning (or last night) from "week of April 22" to "week of April 18". Haven't a clue as to what it means, since the dates represent Monday and Friday of the same week. But I can't complain if the date number gets smaller. ;) Anybody else's date move up last night?

No movement since 3/21, ugh.

The waiting game is bad enough, but when so many have leapfrogged ahead of you based on order date, I find it takes a whole other level of patience.

z0ner said:
No movement since 3/21, ugh.

The waiting game is bad enough, but when so many have leapfrogged ahead of you based on order date, I find it takes a whole other level of patience.

I agree with you. I would expect that you should already have 2000 miles on your car. Nissan should have to post a warning: "Ordering this car may be hazardous to your mental health". I gave up analyzing the process months ago in order to maintain what's left of my own mental health. Hopefully in a few months we will all forget the anguish of this long ride.

My dashboard has said April 1st for about a month. I went ahead and sold my other car Monday under the theory that I could manage without a car for a week or two, but now I'm beginning to worry about the lack of updates on the cars leaving the port. I've been talking to my dealer every day to see if she can get an update on when my car might finish the "quality checks" but she's not been able to tell me anything other than it's still at the port. If I'd known about the delay I would have told them to wait on installing the charger and I would have delayed the sale of my RAV4 EV a bit.

Tomorrow will be 7 months from my order date. I really hope they deliver my car soon. I really feel for the folks whose cars didn't make the last Japan trip, but with my car in limbo at the port I'm not sure how much better off I am right now.

RSH said:
I gave up analyzing the process months ago in order to maintain what's left of my own mental health. Hopefully in a few months we will all forget the anguish of this long ride.

Easy for you to say. You reserved two days later than most of us, ordered much later than most of us, and your getting the car in April, and you say you gave up analyzing the process? After you have waited eight months or more, then check your mental health. I fail to see any problem with your timeline.

LEAFfan said:
RSH said:
I gave up analyzing the process months ago in order to maintain what's left of my own mental health. Hopefully in a few months we will all forget the anguish of this long ride.

Easy for you to say. You reserved two days later than most of us, ordered much later than most of us, and your getting the car in April, and you say you gave up analyzing the process? After you have waited eight months or more, then check your mental health. I fail to see any problem with your timeline.

FYI, I reserved at 2:37 on 4/20 using American Express. It took me two days for me to realize that American Express didn't work. It's not like I reserved in December. So, in a way, I might have a reason to harbor even more frustration than some. I do remember extreme frustration when I found out their website couldn't handle AE even though it was an option. I am not, and have not, complained about my timeline. I am confident that Nissan is doing the best they can under the circumstances.

My post was simply an observation of a change of status that might prompt others to check for a similar change. I encourage you and everyone to take a deep breath and preserve your mental health. It doesn't help to attack others who also have no control whatsoever over the entire process. We are all just waiting (some more patiently than others) to see what happens.

Mine has been at week of April 14th for about a couple of weeks. Vin 1441. No 7 day email yet and when I pinged Ron (North Bay Nissan), he couldn't give me any definitive answers. Hope it does get there by the 14th.

lol. I find it surprising that you guys are fighting over the fact that your one date is earlier than others. My DB still say Mar 31st and the Leaf isn't here. So just calm down, let the port start transporting Leaf's and then if the dates are in the wrong order, start complaining. :)

Back