April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been month of April for past month. This morning it says month of May. I was hoping that my Leaf was already on a boat from Japan in order to be month of April. Does a change in status to month of May mean that my Leaf has probably not yet left Japan?

Mine still says month of April.

I just spoke to Nissan (they said everyone was ok - Thank God) and they said if I have a month of April delivery the car has probably already left Japan.

They couldn't track it (very frustrating - couldn't Volt owners do this?) but they could confirm that it had been built.

They said it takes 2-3 weeks to get across the ocean and 1-2 weeks at Long Beach before it leaves there and heads to the dealer.

I e-mailed Fontana to see if they have any more info.

Some other users have posted screen grabs from the uber special dealer dashboard that has more information? Does anyone have a link to a sample of that?

sdbonez said:
garygid said:
+1 Me too!
The dance of the SugarPlum QC guys?

+1.

(It was April 5th last night, March 30th several days before). Also got a call from Sunwest Electric yesterday to install my charger so I know things are close!

Same here, including that call from the electrician. Must be same shipment.

Boomer23 said:
Just checked my dashboard. My "Week of March 30" changed back to "Week of April 5".

Check again, folks.
Since you are down to final delivery week flip-flops, I was thinking this meant your car was in US port. I now see from TRONZ post that VIN # are not revealed until your car pulls into US port or soon after. Since you have received your VIN #, can I reasonably conclude that
the 600 cars that left Japan just before the earthquake can be applied to later deliveries, even possibly as far ahead as mine if I am near the beginning of May ?

If my car is not on that ship, things look quite uncertain. The factory is closed until at least March 20, and electricity and parts shortages could limit the production rate for quite a while.

Of course my heart goes out to the brave folks dealing with the very scary expanding nuclear crisis on top of everything else. What a terrible mess.

tbleakne said:
... can I reasonably conclude that
the 600 cars that left Japan just before the earthquake can be applied to later deliveries, even possibly as far ahead as mine if I am near the beginning of May ?

If my car is not on that ship, things look quite uncertain. The factory is closed until at least March 20, and electricity and parts shortages could limit the production rate for quite a while.

Of course my heart goes out to the brave folks dealing with the very scary expanding nuclear crisis on top of everything else. What a terrible mess.

While my most recent "chat" experience was not very encouraging, my PD told me on the phone today that since I moved off "pending" in February, it is a good sign that the car is probably on its way. BTB - I was also told that for other makes of Nissan, dealers can indeed track specific vehicles by order number once they are in transit.

I believe ETEC approval is a big factor in getting a car in CA ahead of folks who reserved in April and ordered in 2010. I believe that was the case for me. Either that, or that and being a LADWP customer, as they wanted to spread around the experience to a range of utilities, rate structures, and the like.
It is prolly not the only factors, though.

thankyouOB said:
I believe ETEC approval is a big factor in getting a car in CA ahead of folks who reserved in April and ordered in 2010. I believe that was the case for me. Either that, or that and being a LADWP customer, as they wanted to spread around the experience to a range of utilities, rate structures, and the like.

I think thankyouOB has an interesting point here. I am still scheduled for March 31 delivery but two others from the Bay Area, planet4ever and gasmiser1, were bumped back to April from March. Both have lower VIN than mine, and they appeared to be closer to their delivery time. But if I am not mistaken, neither is part of the Ecotality project (I am), so could that have played a role?

Something else to contemplate as we try to unravel the mystery of the LEAF delivery schedule.

linkim said:
thankyouOB said:

I think thankyouOB has an interesting point here. I am still scheduled for March 31 delivery but two others from the Bay Area, planet4ever and gasmiser1, were bumped back to April from March. Both have lower VIN than mine, and they appeared to be closer to their delivery time. But if I am not mistaken, neither is part of the Ecotality project (I am), so could that have played a role?

Something else to contemplate as we try to unravel the mystery of the LEAF delivery schedule.

If I recall the sequence correctly, ETEC inspection and a 7-10 days later, ETEC approval happened just ahead of my being offered the chance to ask a dealer for a bid.

thankyouOB said:
I believe ETEC approval is a big factor in getting a car in CA ahead of folks who reserved in April and ordered in 2010.
Nope. Check my sig file. I reserved on 4/20/2010 and applied for the EVP at the same time, was approved by Ecotality on 9/27/2010, ordered on 10/1/2010, and yet I am scheduled for a May delivery, while you reserved in May, were Ecotech approved and ordered in Jan., 2011, and are scheduled for delivery in April. You can't contend that the EVP helped goose your priority. Something else is going on and it's not right, IMHO.

TT

I haven't seen anything pro/con about eTec in relation to delivery order. You can find examples and counter-examples of any imagined advantage. I think it's unrelated.

So far, the biggest win seems to be waiting until May to reserve and January to order. Then you get a shot at any "factory orphans" from canceled orders. :roll: Not cool Nissan.

I don't think that anyone has posted this.
My thought is that Nissan wants to say that they are delivering cars in 3 months.
If they deliver some in this time frame they can say that they have.
(ignoring the fact that some people are waiting much longer.

ttweed said:
thankyouOB said:
I believe ETEC approval is a big factor in getting a car in CA ahead of folks who reserved in April and ordered in 2010.
Nope. Check my sig file. I reserved on 4/20/2010 and applied for the EVP at the same time, was approved by Ecotality on 9/27/2010, ordered on 10/1/2010, and yet I am scheduled for a May delivery, while you reserved in May, were Ecotech approved and ordered in Jan., 2011, and are scheduled for delivery in April. You can't contend that the EVP helped goose your priority. Something else is going on and it's not right, IMHO.

TT
TTweed. you live in LA Jolla. Your utility is prolly edison.

you only quoted part of what I said, ttweed.

here it is:

thankyouOB said:

here it is:
You must not have read this entire thread yet, or the one on May deliveries. either. There are people jumping ahead in the delivery queue in the same city, with the same dealer, and the same utility. It is happening in all sorts of cities, with or without Etec, and there is no perceptible pattern. Have you checked how many cars have already been delivered to LADWP customers compared to other utilities? BTW, my utility is SDG&E, not SCE.

The reality is, that your April date may still change to May, as mine did, or that even when you are assigned a specific delivery date, it will jump around by 2-3 weeks over the course of the last month. Now we have the wildcard of the Japanese disaster, and there is no telling what will happen in the immediate future.

All I can say is: if you think you've got things figured out, you probably don't. :D
Keep reaching...
TT

thankyouOB said:
TTweed. you live in LA Jolla. Your utility is prolly edison.
ttweed's utility is SDG&E and that's not it because other SDG&E customers who ordered in Jan also have appeared to "jump the queue". See BrianSanDiego for example who ordered in Jan with an estimated delivery date of April 6.

ttweed said:
thankyouOB said:

here it is:
You must not have read this entire thread yet, or the one on May deliveries. either. There are people jumping ahead in the delivery queue in the same city, with the same dealer, and the same utility. It is happening in all sorts of cities, with or without Etec, and there is no perceptible pattern. Have you checked how many cars have already been delivered to LADWP customers compared to other utilities? BTW, my utility is SDG&E, not SCE.

The reality is, that your April date may still change to May, as mine did, or that even when you are assigned a specific delivery date, it will jump around by 2-3 weeks over the course of the last month. Now we have the wildcard of the Japanese disaster, and there is no telling what will happen in the immediate future.

All I can say is: if you think you've got things figured out, you probably don't. :D
Keep reaching...
TT
I am not sure why you are so angry and so quick to put folks down.
but goddess bless.

Back