Our solar production

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
22.38kWh for us today. Sunny except for a bit of high wispy cloud in the early morning.

Right on track with my 18 kWh, considering the relative sizes of our arrays. Mine face a bit west of south, which could account for the slight difference from theoretical.

Azrich said:
Tucson, AZ - 27 215 W SunPower panels at 25 degrees, direction is due south

December 16 - 12.68 kWh -- cloudy and rain in morning
December 17 - 27.12 kWh -- mostly sunny
December 18 - 25.47 kWh
December 19 - 25.85 kWh -- some clouds
December 20 - 18.86 kWh -- scattered clouds
December 21 - 12.25 kWh -- clouds and rain in morning
December 22 - 3.03 kWh -- heavy cloud and rain all day, lowest production since installation Nov.1
December 23 - 28.97 kWh -- sunny with a few clouds
December 24 - 29.97 kWh -- completely sunny day - A great production day!!
I need 3 more panels. We do not get electric company rebate over 5kw PV

Yesterday was great for so close to the Solstice:
winter-day.png

garygid said:
Gone...,
You mean no rebate for a PV system INSTALL in AZ if the system DC rating is over 5kW?

Or, AC rating?
or is it 5 MW (not kW)?
Thanks
Here in AZ we have two power company's in the Phoenix area. APS does not limit to how larger your system can be to get a match of the rebate. I have the other company SRP which has a match limit of 5kw. If you go any larger you get the IRS 30% but your on your own after that so most people stop at the 5kw system size.

LEAFfan said:
Gonewild said:
Well 25kw is a lot for a home.
The company that installed ours told me that they did a residential one that large.
That's the Dream, man..

25kW solar system, and switch my entire house back to incandescent lighting, EVs, electric water heater, A/C all you can eat, RAID servers running 24/7. Outdoor flood lighting. Light it up like it's 1980. :)

GroundLoop said:
25kW solar system, and switch my entire house back to incandescent lighting, EVs, electric water heater, A/C all you can eat, RAID servers running 24/7. Outdoor flood lighting. Light it up like it's 1980. :)

We're looking for an electric clothes dryer (though if the HOA would allow it, we'd do a clothes line) and eventually, when the tank goes out, an electric water heater. Since natural gas is going up like all other finite sources of fuel, seems to make sense.

BTW, production today, after a late morning fog burn-off and a partially sunny afternoon was 14.66 kWh.

mwalsh said:
BTW, production today, after a late morning fog burn-off and a partially sunny afternoon was 14.66 kWh.

13 kWh here today.

Michael, I recommend that you check the power usage of an electric dryer before you decide on that one. That decision could seriously eat into your free LEAF miles.

Here's a link to a guy's site who drills down to the penny on this stuff.
http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/dryers.html

Boomer23 said:
Michael, I recommend that you check the power usage of an electric dryer before you decide on that one. That decision could seriously eat into your free LEAF miles.

I'll have to check it out. We don't do massive amounts of laundry with just the two of us, and I plan on doing it all on weekends and holidays, or at the very least before 10am, if we go on whole house TOU.

Our electric dryer went out a few months after the warranty, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We love the smell of clothes that have been drying in the sun! Since our HOA bans clotheslines, we just use a few clothes racks and on cloudy and or rainy days, we just dry them inside on the racks. If we need an inside 'fast' dry, we just turn on the overhead fan. :mrgreen:

LEAFfan said:
Our electric dryer went out a few months after the warranty, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We love the smell of clothes that have been drying in the sun! Since our HOA bans clotheslines, we just use a few clothes racks and on cloudy and or rainy days, we just dry them inside on the racks. If we need an inside 'fast' dry, we just turn on the overhead fan. :mrgreen:

Your HOA can see into your backyard? Just put up the line and make them tell you to take it down. :twisted:

Jimmydreams said:
LEAFfan said:

Your HOA can see into your backyard? Just put up the line and make them tell you to take it down. :twisted:

Our HOA people are b*****s and ignoramuses...we received a warning letter when we had solar screens installed with a complaint that "someone" had observed us (the pres lives directly across the street) "tinting" ( :lol: ) our windows and we didn't ask permission. We also received a warning letter after I hid our recycle container behind a couple bushes close to our home instead of putting it "completely" out of sight. I walked down the block and saw at least FOUR containers sitting out in plain view and no one else received a letter. HOAs are like Unions...they're okay as long as they don't become power hungry and to the extreme...needs to be a balance.

LEAFfan said:
Our HOA people are b*****s and ignoramuses...we received a warning letter when we had solar screens installed with a complaint that "someone" had observed us (the pres lives directly across the street) "tinting" ( :lol: ) our windows and we didn't ask permission. We also received a warning letter after I hid our recycle container behind a couple bushes close to our home instead of putting it "completely" out of sight. I walked down the block and saw at least FOUR containers sitting out in plain view and no one else received a letter. HOAs are like Unions...they're okay as long as they don't become power hungry and to the extreme...needs to be a balance.

Yikes!!! Remind me not to move into YOUR neighborhood!!! IMO, there's nothing worse than an HOA filled with board members that have too much time on their hands. :evil:

Back