240V EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE - (likely scam buyer beware)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phew! Well, that's that thread sorted!

Just wanted to chime in and say I agree with EVDriver that this deal seems questionable and my main concern is for the "by the book" EVSE-Creditites may find that this unit too is pushed back to full-price (no credit) January. I'm tempted to take the plunge in the hopes of delivery before 31 Dec, especially since it looks to be a 7.6kW and would support my NEMA 6-50R anyway, once installed. But I still say the Leviton is worth the wait over-all even if it means an extra $1000 lost in a potential tax credit that would have been used to increase the down-payment of the LEAF in April (?).

TimeHorse said:
Phew! Well, that's that thread sorted!

Just wanted to chime in and say I agree with EVDriver that this deal seems questionable and my main concern is for the "by the book" EVSE-Creditites may find that this unit too is pushed back to full-price (no credit) January. I'm tempted to take the plunge in the hopes of delivery before 31 Dec, especially since it looks to be a 7.6kW and would support my NEMA 6-50R anyway, once installed. But I still say the Leviton is worth the wait over-all even if it means an extra $1000 lost in a potential tax credit that would have been used to increase the down-payment of the LEAF in April (?).

It's clearly my opinion but I would not buy form CA, this company smells of disorganization, poor service and a short life cycle.

ChicoBob said:
Boomer23 said:
ChicoBob said:
I've ordered an EV2104. They stated two to three weeks for delivery. We'll see!

What did they charge you, including shipping?

The cost was $649 + $50.64 handling/shipping + $68.21 tax for a total of $767.85

they charged you tax? ok. well definitely let us know how it works out. when you getting your Leaf?

What did they charge you, including shipping?[/quote]

The cost was $649 + $50.64 handling/shipping + $68.21 tax for a total of $767.85[/quote]

they charged you tax? ok. well definitely let us know how it works out. when you getting your Leaf?[/quote]

I wonder where that money for tax is going when it is bought out of state. They should not be charging tax.

They should not tax the shipping.

However, if EVCA has a "business presence" in a state (like a service-dealer, etc.?), then they are required to charge (and pay) that state's sales tax, I believe.

EVCA is in Nevada, right?

Is it a dealer or the buyer who is in Chico, CA?

garygid said:
They should not tax the shipping.

However, if EVCA has a "business presence" in a state (like a service-dealer, etc.?), then they are required to charge (and pay) that state's sales tax, I believe.

EVCA is in Nevada, right?

Is it a dealer or the buyer who is in Chico, CA?

The tax seems to be added to all orders, a bit odd and suspicious.

sorry about the tax comment. i forgot it not it not WA which probably would not have taxed that item since it has to do with EV operation expenses.

I think that EVCA used to be a dealer for the maker of a similar EVSE.

Maybe their "manufacturing" trouble (since about Sept.) is that they are having trouble "cloning" an existing unit?

Hi Chris and all.
I have also had difficulties with EV Charge America. I ordered over the telephone with Dwight. He told me that the EV2104 would ship the first week of December when I gave him my credit card information over the telephone in October. Dwight e-mailed me last week stating that my EV2104 would ship soon (like November 12th). I am not confident that I will get the item. I will wait until December 6th to see if it comes or not. If I don't get it by Monday December 6th I will call AV to see about just buying their AV unit so that I can try to purchase before January 1, 2011 for the tax rebate (or whatever you want to call it!)

EV-ChargeAmerica has also added the following to thier website: "Note: Orders placed for Charge@Home units, by Close-of-Business on November 24, 2010 will be fulfilled prior to the end of year, to take advantage of Federal Tax Credit opportunity expiring 12/31/2010."

Hopefully that means they will be shipping soon and someone can post a review prior to the 11/24 cutoff date. I would love to have something in place prior to delivery of the LEAF.

Ready2plugin said:
EV-ChargeAmerica has also added the following to thier website: "Note: Orders placed for Charge@Home units, by Close-of-Business on November 24, 2010 will be fulfilled prior to the end of year, to take advantage of Federal Tax Credit opportunity expiring 12/31/2010."

Hopefully that means they will be shipping soon and someone can post a review prior to the 11/24 cutoff date. I would love to have something in place prior to delivery of the LEAF.

They need a moth to get an order out? I wonder if they have more than one employee.

I'm going to take a leap of faith here and order mine today. Hopefully they live up to their promise to have it here by year-end (and that it works). My current unused dryer outlet is right on the other side of the wall where I'm going to have the EVSE placed, so hopefully I can have an electrician move it without much trouble. City will probably still want their $500 permit for a "new" installation :( .

Back