SF Bay Area: Green Drive Expo 9/15/12

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

Mark your calendars. It's in Richmond, CA, just like last year. More info at http://www.greendriveexpo.com/bay-area-expo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Anyone going to be there besides me? Oddly enough, the thread I started on Priuschat is getting no response this year. :?

I'll be making a separate announcement, but just wanted to give you a heads up, that once again, for any of the mynissanleaf members who want to display their vehicles in the Owners Showcase and become VIPs, we are offering a 25% discount off the VIP fee. (Normally $20)
Vip's get cool swag for showing off their cars, plus can hang out for the VIP dinner afterwards.

Enter the discount code mynissanleaf when signing up as a VIP http://greendriveexpo.com/become-a-vip-bay-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EVPowers said:
I'll be making a separate announcement, but just wanted to give you a heads up, that once again, for any of the mynissanleaf members who want to display their vehicles in the Owners Showcase and become VIPs, we are offering a 25% discount off the VIP fee. (Normally $20)
Vip's get cool swag for showing off their cars, plus can hang out for the VIP dinner afterwards.

Enter the discount code mynissanleaf when signing up as a VIP http://greendriveexpo.com/become-a-vip-bay-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will there be a Chademo QC operational at the Expo grounds for those who wish to travel from far?

Nissan or some larger sponsor should have one organized just for the show. I think the Leaf test drive events had them iirc.

mxp said:
Will there be a Chademo QC operational at the Expo grounds for those who wish to travel from far?

Nissan or some larger sponsor should have one organized just for the show. I think the Leaf test drive events had them iirc.
I doubt it given that the web page says:
Sorry, there isn't public access to charging. Only who people who are displaying their cars all day and pre-registered as VIPs ($20) have access to the on-site, indoor charging.

I'm going, just registered for VIP. I'm going to be putting on some miles in September. I've got at least two other trips out to the bay area to go to! :eek:

Jeremy

I went out there a few years ago. I was surprised that GM did not have the Volt on display, nor was there any official presence from Tesla. I wonder if that will change?

adric22 said:
I went out there a few years ago. I was surprised that GM did not have the Volt on display, nor was there any official presence from Tesla. I wonder if that will change?
Last year, there was at least one Volt available for test drive but Tesla was a no show. There were also test drives of the Leaf, '12 HyCam, Prius v wagon and PiP. At the time, the last 3 Toyotas were not available for sale to the public yet, so it was a nice sneak peek for us.

I registered as well, and plan on bringing the ActiveE.

So, can we get a roll call going? Copy, paste and add your name...

EVPowers
cwerdna
surfingslovak
JeremyW

Hope you three guys don't mind I assumed you're going.

cwerdna said:
So, can we get a roll call going? Copy, paste and add your name...
EVPowers
cwerdna
surfingslovak
JeremyW
JeffN

I'm likely to be there but can't be certain yet. I need to leave by mid-afternoon so I'm thinking of getting there around 1pm or so.

Are people planning to meet up at any particular time and place? Maybe 2pm?

JeffN said:
I'm likely to be there but can't be certain yet. I need to leave by mid-afternoon so I'm thinking of getting there around 1pm or so.

Are people planning to meet up at any particular time and place? Maybe 2pm?
Cool. Last year, I had to get there late because I had to take my parents to the airport and couldn't go too early. I really wish I could've been there from the opening as there was stuff I didn't get to see, as a result. This year, it doesn't seem like there's as much new stuff to try/see. :/

On Priuschat, we didn't have a "meeting place" last year, but I described what I looked like and what I'd be wearing, and some folks found me. I then later ran into some of the Priuschat moderators (they were there b/c of the Toyota announcements) and had dinner w/other Priuschatters, Danny (Priuschat founder), Phil (aka Ingineer) and others after the show was over at the restaurant that's part of the complex.

Ok, I received an email w/a code for a free ticket. From the code, I highly doubt it's personalized.

But, on the left side of http://greendriveexpo.com/bay-area-expo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, there is a link to "Click here to get FREE admission"! :)

I would love to see as many My Nissan Leaf people there as possible.

Walk around, Enjoy the show.

But if you want even more.. I invite you to become a VIP ($20) and showing your vehicle off in the Owner's Showcase. We''l give you some swag. More details at http://greendriveexpo.com/become-a-vip-bay-area" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; We'll line up at 8:45 am and then show off our cars until 5pm on the show floor.

Actually, as I mentioned before, I am sweetening that deal even more by providing $5 off the usual VIP price for MyNissanLeaf members. That means only $15. When you register your car in the VIP form use the code "MyNissanLeaf".

The Expo is a great place to meet fellow owners and swap stories with those outside of the public as well.

Back