San Francisco Bay Area Quick Chargers Getting them sooner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no chargers installed at the Good Earth market. I was told that they would start L3 installation about two weeks after they opened(February 16). I suspect they will get through city permitting really fast because I'm the permit issuer, but they haven't presented any plans for me to review yet. This will be a pretty good spot for those on the way to coast.

Solarchargedleaf said:
There are no chargers installed at the Good Earth market. I was told that they would start L3 installation about two weeks after they opened(February 16). I suspect they will get through city permitting really fast because I'm the permit issuer, but they haven't presented any plans for me to review yet. This will be a pretty good spot for those on the way to coast.

I am looking forward to this location coming online. I will use it alot.

leafster said:
The Aerovironment charger requires a separate RFID token and does not take credit cards. There is an 1800 number though and I think you can call to get it unlocked. The cable is stored on the right side of the unit, once authorized you can slide open a door and pull out the cable.

Stay tuned for some good updates on the DC fast charger at VW in the next two weeks. ;)

Looks like the VW DCFC will be up and running next week. Below is the email I received from Jason Smith of Ecotality.

"equipment is now in the ground, we have been slowed down by all the recent rains. Commissioning will take place next week and should be operational shortly soon after."

JeremyW said:
palmermd said:
cdub said:
When are we going to get some SoCal loving?
Y'all have a working unit and we have none. We don't want to hear about SoCal. Haha. Won't it be nice when the grand opening of one of these is not a news event for this forum.
Soon to be two.
This is going to be a fun game watching these start to pop up!
Ditto! And will #3 in SoCal be in San Diego ... or Diamond Bar?!
The race is on. :)

yoyofella said:
Looks like the VW DCFC will be up and running next week. Below is the email I received from Jason Smith of Ecotality.

"equipment is now in the ground, we have been slowed down by all the recent rains. Commissioning will take place next week and should be operational shortly soon after."

Do you know if this will be a Blink unit? I am just curious to know if it will show up on the BlinkMap when it is operational.

Stopped by to see if there was any progress in Belmont. Looks like there is.

P1010202.jpg

Looking at the Belmont pictures it does not appear to be accessible to persons who have mobility issues. That's to bad because it would not of cost any more to construct it correctly. Car chargers do not have to be exclusive, but they do have to be accessible. The charger should be centered on the 8' access aisle with parking spots on either side. Maybe there planning on extending the paving to the left or only serving one car at a time.

MaryC said:
Stopped by to see if there was any progress in Belmont. Looks like there is.

P1010202.jpg

Nice! So since this is in a VW dealership, you all think they'll be kind enough to let anyone come in and use it?

Can you post the address of this?

These are the directions for the Chargepoints in the same lot. This Blink QC is behind your EV if you are parked at these docks.

http://www.recargo.com/sites/1701" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you know where the Sports center and the Mercedes dealer in Belmont are, near that. They are located off the Raltston/Marine exit.

EricBayArea said:
Nice! So since this is in a VW dealership, you all think they'll be kind enough to let anyone come in and use it? Can you post the address of this?
Just to be clear its not at a dealer. Its at the Volkswagen Electronics Research Laboratory (VWERL), 500 Clipper Drive, Belmont, CA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VW_Electronics_Research_Laboratory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.vwerl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spies said:
Just to be clear its not at a dealer. Its at the Volkswagen Electronics Research Laboratory (VWERL), 500 Clipper Drive, Belmont, CA.

Thank you for clarifying this and for posting the address.

Wow, that building is REALLY not near anything. Looks like I'll need my own entertainment while I sit there for up to 30 minutes :(

On a related note, does anyone know if this dual-headed EVSE can supply 2 vehicles simultaneously or will it only provide power to 1 at a time?

Only does QC of one vehicle at a time.
Having the second one hooked up to another BEV lets it start charging immediately once the first BEV finishes charging.
No delay in use of the QC station.
The Blink approach is a good idea on this.
But does have the negatives of cost of the second connector, and the second parking space that it uses up.

Back