Customer ID

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat

An earlier thread tried to make sense of reservation confirmation numbers, without much success. Now that I have my assessment done, I see from my acknowledgment form that Nissan has assigned me a "customer ID" number: 129XX. I'm X'ing out the last two digits out of an abundance of caution but it's near the middle of the possible range. If folks post their numbers here maybe we can get a better idea of the order or priority we fit in. Of course at this point I have no idea whether they are assigned alphabetically, chronologically by reservation order, by region, etc.

My friend got 127xx on 8 July 2010.
It might have been assigned by AV when his $100 deposit/fee was paid.
Apparently no HOA form required, even though there are CC&Rs for his area ... that are mostly ignored.

It could also mean that the three of us have 12-13,000 people who are going to get their Leafs ahead of us. :lol:

I think what my EVSE assessor said (let slip?) to his coworker was about the most solid delivery expectation statement I've heard to date....that the car would arrive around 2 months after the EVSE installation (if, in fact, that turns out to be true).

I thought I read somewhere in this forum that your LEAF priority will be unaffected whether you signed up for the EVSE inspection or not.

My apologies if I am completely off....

mxp said:
I thought I read somewhere in this forum that your LEAF priority will be unaffected whether you signed up for the EVSE inspection or not.

I don't think we're really sure yet. Some are speculating punitive action if you don't, others are saying no effect.

Agree; no hard evidence of a problem, some possible concerns. I had a chat on the Nissan line on June 16, which I reported here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=594&start=63

After I explained why I didn't think I needed the 240v charging, the pertinent comments were:

Ryan: You will be asked to sign a waiver explaining you understand the limitations and the impact on the battery.

Me: OK, can do. Is that something I need to initiate action on?

[long pause here]

Ryan: I don't think so. Before we end our conversation, I want to ensure your needs have been met. Do you have any additional questions about what we discussed today?

Me: I am anxious to get the car ASAP. Will the waiver, or not requesting the evaluation, change my order priority?

[another pause]

Ryan: I'm not sure if it will.

planet4ever said:
Agree; no hard evidence of a problem, some possible concerns.
< cut >
Ryan: I'm not sure if it will.

Ok guys. Thanks for the heads up....
It looks like I have some to be concerned about.

mxp said:

Yes, you hear that idea stated again & again. Still, walk thru mentally the ramifications. Imagine a thousand charger owners who signed up during the first hour, now sitting on their hands, because Nissan decides to do something random? How do YOU spell uproar.

I'd say a very large % of people who want the car will get an EVSE installed, if they can. just a handful will sign waivers. It wouldn't be worth Nissan's time to treat them differently.

Besides, Nissan is in the business of selling cars - lots of them. They wouldn't bother whether AV is getting any business or not - why would they ? Infact for Nissan EVSE is a distraction - a necessary evil. Also, tying EVSE sales by AV to car sales may even be illegal.

With different motivations in writing the "standards", even this overly-expensive, limited-use, fixed-location EVSE would just be one option, not "required" at all.

I am not signing up for the wall-mount AV EVSE. I will wait for a suitable portable, plugin-"anywhere" solution to practical charging to become available.

In fact, I see these artifical charging "limitations" as the largest single design "defect" in the utility of the EV itself.

It is almost as if the "standards" people are "invested" in ICE technology, and are purposely trying to impeed the EV movement (under the excuse of imagined "safety").

evnow said:
I'd say a very large % of people who want the car will get an EVSE installed, if they can. just a handful will sign waivers. It wouldn't be worth Nissan's time to treat them differently.

Besides, Nissan is in the business of selling cars - lots of them. They wouldn't bother whether AV is getting any business or not - why would they ? Infact for Nissan EVSE is a distraction - a necessary evil. Also, tying EVSE sales by AV to car sales may even be illegal.
Nissan has made it clear that they will allow you to buy the car without the 240v EVSE, even though they don't recommend it. That gets around any legal issue. But given that demand is going to exceed supply for a while, Nisson does have an interest in giving preference to more enthusiastic buyers (who will presumably become enthusiastic salesmen). They might, or might not, be treating the non-refundable $100 EVSE evaluation fee as a test of that enthusiasm, and hence as a factor in determining priority.

planet4ever said:
They might, or might not, be treating the non-refundable $100 EVSE evaluation fee as a test of that enthusiasm, and hence as a factor in determining priority.

Well, anyone willing to go sign waivers (i.e. mostly geeks, who probably already have EV experience) should be considered enthusiastic as well.

Where is the waiver?

What exactly is the effect of often using Level 1 charging
that we are supposed to acknowledge knowing ...
slower charging, ... and longer battery life?

From the Nissan Leaf site it only says that the EVSE is recommended not required, and there is no mention of a waiver to sign if you don't purchase one.

Portable Trickle Charge Cable (120V/EVSE) 3

3 Home Charging Dock (240V/EVSE) recommended.

http://www.nissanusa.com/leaf-electric-car/specs-features/index#/leaf-electric-car/specs-features/index

By the way, did anybody make sense of the customer numbers, or was that just the AV customer number and was meaningless. I gathered from the first few posts that it was just an AV number, but was not sure.

So, where are people getting this EVSE "waiver", and the language that they are presumably quoting?

In one's Nissan Account there is the opportunity to sign up for the AV evaluation (and pay $100), right?

Is there an option to say "Not Interested" or "Maybe Later" to proceed with the Purchase?

On the original topic, mine was 120XX. Same as mwalsh and same general area. Date of assessment was July 1, first day of the assessments and my electrician was on a training or check-out appointment that morning with an AV guy.

By the way, I haven't heard a peep from Nissan, AV or the electrician in what is now 9 days. I did have a somewhat complex situation, needing someone to communicate with my utility regarding availability and charges for a TOU meter, as an option for my install.

Someone said that they had gotten an email from Nissan after their assessment, saying when they could expect a quote for install pricing. I haven't even gotten that email.

I just looked at my NissanUSA account and there appears to be no way to decline the AV appointment.

It does say call 1-800-NO-GAS-EV if you want to use another installer.

Has anybody called and "declined" the EVSE, at least for now?

Location..............Number................Date of Assement
Silicon Valley........129XX.................????
Los Angeles..........120XX................????
O.C. ??..................127xx................8 July 2010
Irvine....................120XX................1 July 2010

Not too much of a pattern when you only have 4 points. I don't believe that there is anything to this number, I'm more interested in seeing some numbers come back from these assessments.

garygid said:
So, where are people getting this EVSE "waiver", and the language that they are presumably quoting?
So far as I know, it doesn't exist yet. But at least two of us were told "officially" in a Nissan chat that we would have to sign one at some point if we didn't get the 240v EVSE.

garygid said:
In one's Nissan Account there is the opportunity to sign up for the AV evaluation and pay $100), right? Is there an option to say "Not Interested" or "Maybe Later" to proceed with the Purchase?
Not that I was able to find. Which is why I asked the Nissan chat person what action I should be taking. But it's moot for me, now, since I have decided to go ahead with the evaluation and, if not too outlandish, the installation.

Back