12v Battery Questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronder

Is the 12v battery in the Nissan Leaf a standard car battery (good for high output for short periods of time) or a deep cycle battery (good for continuous use at lower power levels) ?

I've read that the brakes go bad if the 12v battery is not working properly, is this still an issue with newer models (2015-2016)?

Thanks

The stock battery is a low grade starting battery, and not a good one at that. Once I swapped mine out for a new good quality one, all my 12v problems are gone. For how long I messed with it, I wish I had just swapped it right away.

Bronder said:
Is the 12v battery in the Nissan Leaf a standard car battery (good for high output for short periods of time) or a deep cycle battery (good for continuous use at lower power levels) ?

I've read that the brakes go bad if the 12v battery is not working properly, is this still an issue with newer models (2015-2016)?

Thanks

Yes, I started having brake issues when my battery got weak (2015 LEAF). All told, I think I had to clear 25 diagnostic codes after I replaced the battery.

Back