A Christmas Tree Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ERG4ALL

Has anyone else had this experience? If I'm driving along without cruise control engaged at a constant speed of, say, 45 mph, I notice that the bars around the pine tree are all showing as being very efficient. Then, if I turn on the cruise control and set it at exactly 45 mph, I lose two or three bars which tells me that the car is not as efficient. I wonder if that really is true. Am I truly using more electricity to go 45 mph in cruise control versus just using the accelerator?

Probably. When you're driving you are better able to coast where the cruise is more likely to do regen and accelerate. There are a couple other posts out here that support this theory.

The entire Trees algorithm is wonky at best! It really is of no real value... It is best just to ignore it.

ERG4ALL said:
Has anyone else had this experience? If I'm driving along without cruise control engaged at a constant speed of, say, 45 mph, I notice that the bars around the pine tree are all showing as being very efficient. Then, if I turn on the cruise control and set it at exactly 45 mph, I lose two or three bars which tells me that the car is not as efficient. I wonder if that really is true. Am I truly using more electricity to go 45 mph in cruise control versus just using the accelerator?

TomT said:
The entire Trees algorithm is wonky at best! It really is of no real value... It is best just to ignore it.

ERG4ALL said:

I like to collect them all like Pokemon.

One strange thing I've noticed is that if I am coasting in neutral on either a level road or a slightly descending road and I push on the accelerator (while I'm still in neutral), the car slightly decelerates as if I have very lightly braked. If I let up on the accelerator, the slight deceleration stops. Has anyone else noticed this?

Back