Leaf is showing charging stations where none exist...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ren116214

:?: Lately, my LEAF has been showing me that there are charging stations where there really aren't any. For example, it's showing a station here where I work, at Gerber Technology in Tolland, CT....but there isn't one here, and as far as I know, the management doesn't have any plans to put any in. I also see one on Talcotville Road (Rt. 83) in Vernon....but that's a phantom also.

Anybody else seeing these phantom charging stations? I tried asking the person who runs the LEAF page on Facebook what was going on, and all they told me was to check the ChargePoint page. When I pressed and asked if I could no longer trust what my LEAF was telling me, I got no answer. What's up with that?

I've got a ghost station about 6 houses down on my street.

I've never charged there. I don't even know who lives there.

Nothing should show up on my LEAF should it unless I have actually charged at that house?

I have several of those "phantom" charging stations near my house. My theory is that anytime I happen to stop the car (perhaps), shut it off, and the ECU sees the battery voltage rise even slightly, it assumes that I got a charge there. :roll: It added one at the Publix shopping center shortly after I bought the car, another one out at the end of the street where my development meets the main highway, and just recently just a few houses down the street, which I don't understand at all. I wish there was a way to delete them.

Plugshare is the best option at this point. THe Leaf shows several stations around my area that don't exist. Either that or the marker is a mile away from where the actual station is.

Ren116214 said:
I tried asking the person who runs the LEAF page on Facebook what was going on, and all they told me was to check the ChargePoint page. When I pressed and asked if I could no longer trust what my LEAF was telling me, I got no answer. What's up with that?

The ChargePoint page? So, the Nav system gets it's info from ChargePoint?

keydiver said:
I have several of those "phantom" charging stations near my house. My theory is that anytime I happen to stop the car (perhaps), shut it off, and the ECU sees the battery voltage rise even slightly, it assumes that I got a charge there. :roll: It added one at the Publix shopping center shortly after I bought the car, another one out at the end of the street where my development meets the main highway, and just recently just a few houses down the street, which I don't understand at all. I wish there was a way to delete them.
I had to do this when I moved. I didn't want my old residence listed any more. It's a little counter intuitive. You want to go into the menu for managing locations (sorry, I can't remember the exact wording). You will find your personal charging stations listed and can delete them. If you go into any menu labeled charging stations, you won't be able to do it.

Ren116214 said:
:?: Lately, my LEAF has been showing me that there are charging stations where there really aren't any. For example, it's showing a station here where I work, at Gerber Technology in Tolland, CT....but there isn't one here, and as far as I know, the management doesn't have any plans to put any in. I also see one on Talcotville Road (Rt. 83) in Vernon....but that's a phantom also.

Anybody else seeing these phantom charging stations? I tried asking the person who runs the LEAF page on Facebook what was going on, and all they told me was to check the ChargePoint page. When I pressed and asked if I could no longer trust what my LEAF was telling me, I got no answer. What's up with that?

The station info in your LEAF is supplied via Carwings. When you find a phantom station it's because another LEAFer was logged into Carwings on their computer and mistakenly reported a station. Just use your computer and log into Carwings, locate the phantom station and report it. I have several times and within two days the station no longer shows in the car.

Back