FOR SALE: Red 2011 Nissan Leaf SL, A+ condition; SF Bay Area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tilenius

UPDATE: SOLD. SEE BELOW IF YOU WANT DETAILS.

I've loved my 2011 Red Nissan Leaf SL but with mixed emotions have decided to splurge on a Tesla Model S, so I am selling my Leaf. (The Leaf really sold me on electric!) I would love to give one of the MyNissanLEAF members a great deal. I've been mostly a reader of posts but have benefited greatly from this forum.

This beautifully-cared-for Leaf SL has 16.5K miles; asking $17,600. Includes Navi, Fast Charger, CA Carpool Lane Stickers, etc.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area -- specifically Burlingame, CA (near San Mateo, CA - about halfway between San Francisco and Palo Alto).

Please click to see all the details and lots of photos at either eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/160990263644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... or Craigslist: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/3679445992.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please let me know if you have questions and if you contact me, do mention you found this on the forums; I'll make sure you get VIP treatment! Or feel free to call me directly at 650-515-3530. Thanks!

Just lowered price. Really motivated to sell within the next week so if there's any interest, please contact me ASAP.

tilenius said:
Just lowered price. Really motivated to sell within the next week so if there's any interest, please contact me ASAP.
wow no takers on this deal HMMMM.what will be the re-sale of a car like this?almost new 16k miles,extended warrenty-Hmmmm

@epic - I do expect it to sell quickly at the new $19,000 price. I had originally listed it at $21,000 but found a few cars for less listed locally. In California, there's an additional $2500 state rebate plus the Federal, so effectively you get $10K off a new Leaf. A new SL runs $35K plus the extended warranties and service is $2K so that's $37K. Less $10K rebate is $27K. So this is $8,000 less than a new car. That's about $.50/mile depreciation which seems "fair".

So I think the $19K is a good deal and I've priced it very competitively in my local market, but as a Leaf owner it's not as bad a blood bath as it might seem since you have to take into account the $10K back you get in California.'

^^^
You should probably be comparing to somewhere between the '13 SV w/QC + LED package and the S.

The '13 SL is generally more well equipped than yours.

With '13 SV w/QC + LED package, that would include heated seats and steering wheel, 6.6 kW charger and the hybrid heater. Yours doesn't have any of those last items.

@cwerdna - good point.

I just found out I could get a pro-rata refund on the extended warranty / service plan, so plan to do that instead of selling them with the car. I'll get $1400 back from cashing them in.

As a result, revised the listing down to $17,600 (with no warranties).

Do you guys think that's a fair price given new 2013 pricing? I've had a few low ball offers and wondering how much the market for the used ones really has moved down given the more aggressive 2013 pricing. IE: wondering how firm I hold versus do I go lower still?

Let me know what you guys think: what is a fair discount vs. new 2013's for a used car? Any guidelines?

I think you are getting close, glad to hear you could get your money back on your extended warranty you never get what there worth when you sell used. I paid $20,400 after FTC for a brand new 2012 SL up hear in ND. Probably a total of 2 in ND and the other is my friend down the street so they where eager to deal. You could advertise in CO since they can get a considerable rebate on a used EV.

17,600 is probably a fair price. The problem you have is leaf buyers are probably people that don't even consider buying private party. Don't be afraid to pay for autotrader and cars.com listings. Craigslist responders make me want to smash my you know whats with a hammer.

tilenius said:
@cwerdna - good point.

I just found out I could get a pro-rata refund on the extended warranty / service plan, so plan to do that instead of selling them with the car. I'll get $1400 back from cashing them in.

As a result, revised the listing down to $17,600 (with no warranties).

Do you guys think that's a fair price given new 2013 pricing? I've had a few low ball offers and wondering how much the market for the used ones really has moved down given the more aggressive 2013 pricing. IE: wondering how firm I hold versus do I go lower still?

Let me know what you guys think: what is a fair discount vs. new 2013's for a used car? Any guidelines?

I dont mean to hector or hassle you but given your delivery date, you prolly got the CA 5k rebate as well as the $7500 tax credit.
the car (not taxes) prolly cost about 33k, that is what mine cost, with the fast charger, a few months earlier.
My math shows 20.5k.
so you have to decide what you should pay to drive it for almost two years.
if it is $200 a month, then the price is high. and you got the best two years of the car's life.

thankyouOB said:
tilenius said:
@cwerdna - good point.

...$17,600 (with no warranties).

... you have to decide what you should pay to drive it for almost two years.
if it is $200 a month, then the price is high. and you got the best two years of the car's life.

I don't see how what the OP paid has to do with the current market price.

This 11-bar 31 k mile car is reported to have sold for ~15.8 k a week ago in SOCAL:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Excellent-Condition-California-Carpool-Sticker-Perfect-Commuter-Car-/330882053619?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4d0a1b75f3#v4-39" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd advise any LEAF buyer that, to pay the premium you are asking for the lower mileage and better condition, seems about right.

I also think that at current prices, used LEAFs may be better values than new, if you don't desperately need any of the various improvements.

FYI, I forwarded you ad to some friends of mine who are LEAF-curious, and they replied, but your LEAF is over 200 miles away from them, and I can't say how serious they might be, or how fast they could act.

Good luck with the sale.

If you are in a hurry, why not try an EBAY auction, with an appropriate reserve price?

auctionpricesmnl
tilenius said:
Please have a look at this thread, which could be another useful indicator. Best of luck with the sale and the Model S.

Price is getting more reasonable.

It might help to both list how capacity bars it has left (I'm guessing all of them) and how many gids it reads at full charge.

Unfortunately, I think the color is a bit of a hindrance in selling. That color would be 2nd from last on my list, w/black being at the bottom.

cwerdna said:
Unfortunately, I think the color is a bit of a hindrance in selling. That color would be 2nd from last on my list, w/black being at the bottom.

Really? I think the red is the best color. And that's from someone who thought the silver looked better at first. I bought a silver one, but if I had it to do over, I would definitely get red.

Yep. One problem for me w/red is that it stands out and attracts unwanted police attention. I can't really put my finger on the other reasons why I don't like it.

As for black, the primary reason for my dislike is because it's hard to keep clean/dirt stands out. Looks great when clean though but needs extra work it keep it from looking bad. A much lower importance reason why I don't like black is that they get hotter in the sun than lighter ones. In the summer, it's not unusual for my area to hit 90s and occasional 100s.

Basically, to me, red and black are more likely to be polarizing colors to potential buyers and to those who I might need to sell to, down the road. The others are more likely to be neutral.

The cars that I've personally bought have been silver, blue (Daytona Blue on my 350Z, which did stand out) and white. For white, it was my #3 on my list for a Prius, but it became available first. When I got it, wait lists were at least a month long.

^^^
I've seen red Leafs numerous times in real life. Still doesn't change my opinion of it.
MrIanB said:
Check your local carmax for an appraisal.
That assumes there even is a Carmax nearby. There aren't any real close to the Bay Area. Checking Google Maps, the closest ones to the OP are 85, 119 and 177 miles away. The closest is Modesto, and I doubt that's the hotbed of EV sales/buyers.

eclecticflower said:
I'm right there with you, red is MY favorite, with black next, then blue, white and silver last. I think the car dazzles like a jewel dressed in color! :)

the red is bootiful. it dazzles in the sunlight with flecks of gold.
just bootiful.

Back