Safety HV disconnect question answered by Chelsea Sexton

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yanquetino

Not long after this forum was established, when Nissan was going to answer our questions, I asked about where the Leaf's safety high voltage disconnect was located:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=511

Chelsea Sexton has been gracious enough to answer the question! While test driving the Leaf in Los Angeles, she took these photos of it "in the hump between the footwells of the passenger seat (right behind the center console)."

The first photo shows it with its carpeted cover:
sexton_safety-plug01.jpg

The second photo shows it with the carpet lifted up. Evidently to access it, one has to turn the white plastic catches 90° and then rotate the metal plate:
sexton_safety-plug02.jpg

Our thanks to Chelsea!

garygid said:
Not just a simple "grab-n-pull".
Apparently requires a tool (maybe a Phillips Screwdriver?).

I bet it can be opened with "any coin", or a "key", I doubt any type of tool is needed.

Very cool! Looks like my 'gut' is still in fair calibration. :D

disconnect.jpg

leafplug.jpg

Validation is a good thing - thanks Yanquetino and Chelsea for the 'rest of the story.'

garygid said:
The white tabs cast a shadow, so they might be tall enough to turn with one's fingers.

That's my thought as well, Gary. Two twists, rip the cover forward, and yank the 'plug'.

I'd add the white tabs to my 'periodic twistie item maintenance plan' - like retorquing the lugnuts - to make sure they can still be turned if/when necessary.

Back