Destined for consumer driveways in time for the holidays

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/nissan-delivers-tennessees-first-100-electric-nissan-leaf-112261859.html

The initial Nissan LEAF deliveries are followed by a second shipment of Nissan LEAF electric cars, which arrived on Dec. 20 and are destined for consumer driveways in time for the holidays. Nissan is on track for a nationwide launch of the Nissan LEAF by 2012, with Hawaii and Texas next to roll out in early 2011. In order to fulfill interest and meet demand in initial launch markets, Nissan plans to reopen reservations in the first half of 2011 as well as shift timing of additional markets until the second half of 2011.

So I guess the only question is this week or next.

And for the sceptical - which holidays.

Well the implication is they would be delivered to customers in time for Christmas, but I doubt they can pull that off. That's just three more days. My question is, how many were on the boat?

johnr said:
Well the implication is they would be delivered to customers in time for Christmas, but I doubt they can pull that off. That's just three more days. My question is, how many were on the boat?
My guess - a hundred atleast. Essentially everyone with a "Jan" date. Our spreadsheet has some 30 such orders. So, probably a total of more than 100 ...

garygid said:
"The holidays" (plural ... as in Christmas, New Years, MLK day?), not the "next holiday".
"holidays" usually means Christmas + New Year. As a Republican senator thought - the second most holiest time of the year is the week between Christmas and New Year ;-)

"In order to fulfill interest and meet demand in initial launch markets, Nissan plans to reopen reservations in the first half of 2011 as well as shift timing of additional markets until the second half of 2011."

Oh sure, just push the rest of the country back, we don't have "public infrastructure" (sic) anyway, ship all of them to the EV Project states, we'll just wait for the Ford Focus EV, or the Plug in Prius, or the Smart ED, or anything but a Leaf.

It's just BS, they really don't want to ship them to cold weather areas, is what I'm thinking.
They want to have all positive user experiences, and who can blame them? we are all grumpy old men out here anyway :)

evnow said:
johnr said:
My guess - a hundred atleast. Essentially everyone with a "Jan" date. Our spreadsheet has some 30 such orders. So, probably a total of more than 100 ...

My guess - less then three dozen. What do you want to wager?

I think the Dec vehicles landed some time ago and have been held in processing until the initial Leaf delivery ceremonys could be completed. The Dec 20 ship may well have cars for early Jan distribution. Very soon it will seem fast and furious. JMHO

I thought the Dec load turned out to be a handful of "first" deliveries, 20 cars to Mexico and the remainder (25ish) to NY as rentals?!?

smkettner said:
I think the Dec vehicles landed some time ago and have been held in processing until the initial Leaf delivery ceremonys could be completed. The Dec 20 ship may well have cars for early Jan distribution. Very soon it will seem fast and furious. JMHO

That's certainly what Chevy did. They parked all the manufactured Volts in the snow until the "second Volt ever" auction concluded. Then they shipped some 300+ cars out to customers.

It wouldn't surprise me if customer #2 in each roll-out area had to wait until Ceremony #6 was completed. We'll see.

As far as I know - to date, there have been exactly four (4) Leaf customer deliveries. I have no reason to believe there are hundreds of Leafs sitting on docks on just hanging out waiting for delivery. At some level, this is a business, and the sooner the car is delivered, the sooner Nissan gets their money. If you don't believe they have a fleet of smart people worrying about each and every penny in this process, then well, you live in a very different business environment then I do. :!:

LakeLeaf said:
As far as I know - to date, there have been exactly four (4) Leaf customer deliveries. I have no reason to believe there are hundreds of Leafs sitting on docks on just hanging out waiting for delivery. At some level, this is a business, and the sooner the car is delivered, the sooner Nissan gets their money. If you don't believe they have a fleet of smart people worrying about each and every penny in this process, then well, you live in a very different business environment then I do. :!:

San Fran
San Diego
Phoenix
Portland
Seattle
Nashville

have all gotten deliveries. But I concur that I think they are holding them back until all the "firsts" are delivered.

LakeLeaf said:
evnow said:
johnr said:

My guess - less then three dozen. What do you want to wager?

I wouldn't do that...it's pretty common knowledge that there is more than 50. ;)

Back