Destined for consumer driveways in time for the holidays

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mitch672 said:
"In order to fulfill interest and meet demand in initial launch markets, Nissan plans to reopen reservations in the first half of 2011 as well as shift timing of additional markets until the second half of 2011."

Oh sure, just push the rest of the country back, we don't have "public infrastructure" (sic) anyway, ship all of them to the EV Project states, we'll just wait for the Ford Focus EV, or the Plug in Prius, or the Smart ED, or anything but a Leaf.
You missed this part: "Nissan is on track for a nationwide launch of the Nissan LEAF by 2012, with Hawaii and Texas next to roll out in early 2011."

I interpret Nissan's statements to mean:

Initial roll out states (Tier 1) = Delivery of vehicles now
Tier 1A states (HI & TX) = Spring 2011
Tier 2 states = Late summer to fall 2011
Forgotten 36 = Sometime in 2012

Nissan will reopen reservations early 2011 and will put the new Tier 1 reservation holders in front of existing reservation holders in Tier 2 and Forgotten 36... The only LEAFs we're likely to see anytime soon in the northeast is the handfull of NYC rentals, which I'm guessing will arrive concurrent with Tier 1A or Tier 2.

Seems kind of expensive and slow to deliver just one car to each dealership..I hope Ill still be able to drive by the time I get mine :shock:

I hope I can remember my destination long enough to program the Nav! :D

Really, that would actually be a very USEFUL thing to be able to do with CARWINGS from the living room.

Going back home is easy, I can just use the Nav's "wha'ca'ma'call-it" destination. :lol:

I'm sure that they mix them on the same truck with other Nissans going to the dealer so it really doesn't cost them anything extra to send just one.

mark13 said:
Seems kind of expensive and slow to deliver just one car to each dealership..I hope Ill still be able to drive by the time I get mine :shock:

johnr said:
Well the implication is they would be delivered to customers in time for Christmas, but I doubt they can pull that off. That's just three more days. My question is, how many were on the boat?
LEAFfan said:
LakeLeaf said:
evnow said:
My guess - a hundred atleast. Essentially everyone with a "Jan" date. Our spreadsheet has some 30 such orders. So, probably a total of more than 100 ...
My guess - less then three dozen. What do you want to wager?
I wouldn't do that...it's pretty common knowledge that there is more than 50. ;)
What are we talking here? The number by Christmas, the number on the boat, or the number with January dates? Maybe all three of you are correct.

Today, I saw my first VOLT driving around in suburban Ballamer. :eek:

If seeing is believing, It looks like GM is winning the race to get their
ICE-enhanced electric car on the street.

Oops, no, isn't it really just a overpriced, overly complicated hybrid?

Given the currently delayed without explanations roll-out for the LEAF,
maybe we'll see one around here in late 2011. :cry:

GM-1, Nissan-0 in Tier 2 and hinterlands beyond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi1WXYHHc2s

Rokeby said:
Today, I saw my first VOLT driving around in suburban Ballamer. :eek:

If seeing is believing, It looks like GM is winning the race to get their
ICE-enhanced electric car on the street.

oh ya, except they are running two completely different races.

Nissan is running the EV race, GM is running in the Plug in hybrid race i am guessing since the hybrid race was won a LONG time ago.

GM does have a good start on the plug in gas option but we have to check out some pricing before we can declare a winner

Rokeby said:
Since Volt and Leaf are launching in different areas first - this will always happen. But with its non distinctive looks - how many will notice a Volt ?

evnow said:
Rokeby said:
Since Volt and Leaf are launching in different areas first - this will always happen.
But with its non distinctive looks - how many will notice a Volt ?
Have to admit, I was sitting at a stoplight -- Prius was in auto-stop ;) -- when I
noticed the new-to-me car in the adjoining lane. "What is that?" thinks I. It wasn't
until it pulled slightly ahead that I could read the name badge on the rear. At
that point I was very interested but his lane was moving faster and my turn was
coming up fast.

It was 34 degF and I noticed no water vapor coming from the car - yes, I know the
exhaust pipe is hidden by the rear bumper cover. So, either it was fully warmed
up or in EV mode. I was in S4-EV/stealth mode when we parted... me wishing that
I had more than ~a mile max of silent running.

Rokeby said:
evnow said:
Rokeby said:
Since Volt and Leaf are launching in different areas first - this will always happen.
But with its non distinctive looks - how many will notice a Volt ?
Have to admit, I was sitting at a stoplight -- Prius was in auto-stop ;) -- when I
noticed the new-to-me car in the adjoining lane. "What is that?" thinks I. It wasn't
until it pulled slightly ahead that I could read the name badge on the rear. At
that point I was very interested but his lane was moving faster and my turn was
coming up fast.

It was 34 degF and I noticed no water vapor coming from the car - yes, I know the
exhaust pipe is hidden by the rear bumper cover. So, either it was fully warmed
up or in EV mode. I was in S4-EV/stealth mode when we parted... me wishing that
I had more than ~a mile max of silent running.

GM appears to be really beating Nissan off the line with deliveries, but the LEAF will run rings around the Volt at gas stations.

mwalsh said:
From what I hear (unsubstantiated) something to do with the wiring loom for the heater - modification to help avoid a short.
So, that is what is taking all this time.

evnow said:
mwalsh said:
From what I hear (unsubstantiated) something to do with the wiring loom for the heater - modification to help avoid a short.
So, that is what is taking all this time.

Anyone taking bets that this appears in ABG tomorrow?

I've given up on getting it in 2010 as I have to go out of town on Thursday for the long weekend. Maybe next week.

Back