EVSE Tax cut makes Senate Tax Bill

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Now I feel better about waiting for a better selection of EVSE's. Alot of neat ones are coming along so not having 2010 pressure is nice.

I'd say the 50% stands, as only the dates have been amended.

http://www.plugincars.com/breaking-extension-electric-car-charging-station-incentives-snuck-tax-cut-extension-bill-106565.html

Code:
SEC. 711. ALTERNATIVE FUEL VEHICLE REFUELING PROP-
ERTY. 
(a) EXTENSION OF CREDIT.—Paragraph (2) of sec-
tion 30C(g) is amended by striking ‘‘December 31, 2010’’ 
and inserting ‘‘December 31, 2011.’’. 
(b) EFFECTIVE DATE.—The amendment made by 
this section shall apply to property placed in service after 
December 31, 2010.

Considering how bad this bill otherwise is - I hope it doesn't get passed in its present form. But if past experience is anything to go by - the spineless house dems will buckle and pass this as is.

Except for the AMT aspects, the time extension is great, right?

Or, does that just exrend the 30%, where the 50% rate had its own ternination date? I cannot remember how the 50% part was worded when it was added to the original.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=206871,00.html

IRS said:
Temporary Increase in Credit for Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property (Section 1123): The new law modifies the credit rate and limit amounts for property placed in service in 2009 and 2010. Qualified property (other than property relating to hydrogen) is now eligible for a 50 percent credit, and the per-location limit increases to $50,000 for business property (increases to $2,000 for other/residential locations). Property relating to hydrogen keeps the 30 percent rate as before, but the per-business location limit rises to $200,000.

Changing the end date to 31 Dec 2011 I would read to mean just adding in 2011 for the placed in service rule.

Back