Gmail in an RSS feed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 6912

Has anyone found a way to get gmail in an RSS feed? Seems like it should work, but I can't get it to log in. Don't want to spend a lot more time on it if it can't be done or has been solved by others.
Thanks

I've also wanted to do this for the last 18 months.

Since gmail on the web provides a built-in RSS feed, it would seem that we should only need to add the user/password login switch to the URL when creating an RSS feed favorite in CarWings. But it appears the CW RSS reader client doesn't support this basic capability.

Surely the talent we have circulating on MNL can come up with a clever workaround for this??

Back when I first got my 2011 Leaf, I ran the issue past 800-NOGASEV customer service, but should have written a message in a bottle and dropped it down a well, for all the help they offered...

Wouldn't this be a very desirable feature to have for any LEAFers with a gmail account (or Yahoo or hotmail, etc.)? I'm sure this can be done by one of the tech wizards on this forum. Anybody???

I just tried to set up an RSS feed to my Leaf from my Gmail account, using https://username:p[email protected]/mail/u/0/feed/atom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It must have partially worked because I just got a security message from Google saying someone in Tokyo was trying to access my Gmail account, and I should change my password. It seems that the level of security provided by Carwings isnt good enough to satisfy Google. In any case Carwings said there wasn't a feed available - Google have removed this feature now, I understand. Not sure if there is any way round this problem.
Tony

Back