Leaf : Trims, Features, Accessories, MSRP, Invoice Prices

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Here is the list for 2013.

MY2013trims.png

Here is the list for 2012. Note that the invoice prices are estimates. The accessory prices haven't changed from 2011.

LeafPrice.png

2011 :

NissanTrims.png

Detailed Features and Specs : http://www.nissanproduct.info/public.php?modelid=69" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nissan LEAF SV

Base MSRP : $32,780
Invoice : $31,394
Destination & Handling: $820

Well-equipped high technology features with surprising customer convenience items, including:
• All-New Dedicated EV Platform
• Laminated 24 kWh Lithium Ion Battery
• 3.3 kW Onboard Charger
• Portable Trickle Charge Cable (120V) (see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1401 for details)
• Standard Charge Port (240V)
• Navigation System
• Palm-Shift Drive Selector
• Regenerative Braking
• Recycled Cloth Seat Fabric
• 16” Alloy Wheels
• No Charge For 36 Months - CARWINGS (Telematics)
• No Charge For 36 Months - Roadside Assistance
• 5 Exterior Colors

Nissan LEAF SL

Base MSRP : $33,720
Invoice : $32,293

In addition to standard SV features, includes:
• Photovoltaic Solar Panel Spoiler
• RearView Monitor (RVM)
• Fog Lights
• Automatic On/Off Headlights
• Cargo Cover
• Homelink® Universal Transceiver

Nissan LEAF SL ETEC

Base MSRP : $33,720
Invoice : $32,293

In addition to standard SL features, includes:
• DC Fast Charge port

Available only to EV Project participants.

Options, Accessories :

Factory Installed Options

F01/CHA Quick Charge Option: $700 ($607)

Available with the SL trim, this charge port on the vehicle will allow for charging to 80% capacity in 30 minutes at 440V charging stations. (This feature cannot be added after sale). This comes free with SL for EV Project participants.

Cold Weather Package : $930 ($?)

If you operate your Nissan LEAF™ in a part of the country that experiences a real winter – with ice, snow, and sub-zero temperatures – we highly recommend the cold weather package. this package includes:

- battery heater
- heated front and rear seats
- heated steering wheel
- rear seat heat duct
- heated outside mirrors

Heater helps prevent the lithium-ion battery from freezing in extremely cold weather and helps prevent significant reductions in battery output.

The heater turns on automatically when the temperature of the lithium-ion battery becomes extremely low (approximately -4° F). It turns off automatically when battery temperature increases to about 14° F.

Port Installed Accessories

See the below thread for photos of the accessories.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1882&start=0

Carpeted Mats - $170

Made from 40% corn products, these eco-friendly Sorona floor and cargo area mats add uniqueness and an extra measure of character to your Nissan LEAF.

Features:
  • Made from 40% corn products
    Unique backing
    Light weight
    Embroidered with Nissan LEAF logo

Splash Guards - $140

Add style and protect your Nissan LEAF from overspray in wet conditions with these functional, coll splash guards.

Recycling/Organizational Package - $225

no description available

Cargo Cover - $290

no description available

Cargo Net - $20

The Nissan LEAF cargo net is perfect for keeping small items stowed and secure. Please note: cargo net not available on vehicles equiped with Nissan LEAF cargo organizer.

Door Kick Plate - $125

With its unique 3D holographic design, the door kick plate is a truly inventive piec of interior trim. It features the Nissan LEAF logo, presented in virtual space, to create an original image no matter what your angle.

Eco-Design Package - $260

Zero tailpipe means zero tailpipe emissions – a message worth getting out there. And with the Nissan LEAF eco-design package, you can. From your console to your rocker panel, the Nissan LEAF eco-design package says style with substance.

Protection Package - $225

Keep the appearance of your Nissan LEAF pristine with this protection package. Designed to fit flawlessly over nose and rear bumper, this clear vinyl coating provides a protective barrier between your LEAF's finish and the elements.

Features:
  • Nose protection
    Rear bumper protection
    Eco-friendly
    Extremely lightweight

Safety Kit - $75

The Nissan LEAF safety kit is really two kits in one:
1. emergency kit – in case of breakdown, the emergency kit keeps you and your Nissan LEAF out of harm's way. kit contains flares, signs and more to help you stay out of trouble while flagging down assistance.

2. first aid kit – contains everything you need to administer aid in case of an accidential injury.

Features:
  • Lightweight
    Easily stowed in your Nissan LEAF

Color Codes :

• Glacier Pearl (QX1)
• Blue Ocean (RAT)
• Brilliant Silver (K23)
• Super Black (KH3)
• Cayenne Red (NAH)

Standard Equipment

http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... dSpecs.pdf

mechanical

• 80 kW AC synchronous electric motor
• 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery
• 3.3 kW onboard charger
• Emissions – Zero Emissions Vehicle (ZEV)
• Co-regenerative power-assisted vented front disc/rear disc brakes
• "Coasting" regenerative brakes
• 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
• Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
• Electronic parking brake
• Front and rear stabilizer bars
• Vehicle speed-sensitive power-assisted steering
• Portable Trickle Charge Cable (120V/EVSE) 2
• Tire repair kit

exterior

• 16" aluminum-alloy wheels
• P205/55R16 tires
• Aerodynamic LED headlights
• Dual power outside mirrors
• Chrome door handles
• Aerodynamic under body cover and rear diffuser
• Rear spoiler

interior

• Nissan Navigation System
• CARWINGS – allowing for remote connection to vehicle
- Monitor battery state of charge/charging status
- Start charging event
- Turn on Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) system
• Digital meter cluster
• Trip computer (instant/average energy consumption, driving time driving range and outside temperature)
• Palm-shift drive selector
• Cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls
• Nissan Intelligent Key® with Push Button Ignition
• Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
• Auto-dimming rearview mirror
• Automatic Temperature Control (ATC)
• Power door locks with auto-locking feature
• Power windows with driver's window one-touch auto up/down
• Intermittent rear window wiper with washer
• Rear window defroster with timer
• Dual sun visors
• Illuminated glove compartment
• Front door map pockets
• Cup holders (2)
• Bottle holders (2)
• 12-volt DC power outlet
• Tilt steering column
• Height-adjustable 3-point front seat belts

seating

• 5-passenger seating capacity
• 6-way manual adjustable driver's seat
• 4-way manual front-passenger's seat
• 60/40–split fold-down rear seatbacks
• Recycled cloth seat fabric*

audio

• AM/FM/CD audio system with MP3/WMA CD playback capability
• XM® Satellite Radio 3
• Auxiliary audio input jack 4
• USB connection port for iPod® interface and other compatible devices 4
• 6 speakers

safety and security

• Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage supplemental front air bags with seat-belt and occupant-classification sensors 5
• Driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags 5
• Roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front- and rear-seat outboard occupant head protection 5
• Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) 6 with Traction Control System (TCS)
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
• Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System
• Vehicle Security System

Disclaimers

*Up to 39% recycled PET fibers

[1] Final specifications subject to change prior to start of sale.

[2] Home charging dock (240V/EVSE) recommended.

[3] XM Satellite Radio requires subscription sold separately after trial period. Governed by XM Customer Agreement at xmradio.com. Fees and programming subject to change. Available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. ©2010 SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. SIRIUS, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries.

[4] Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Do not operate any devices connected to the USB or auxiliary audio input jack while driving.

[5] Air bags are only a supplemental restraint system; always wear your seat belt. Even with the occupant-classification sensor, rear-facing child restraints should not be placed in the front-passenger's seat. Also, all children 12 and under should ride in the rear seat properly secured in child restraints, booster seats, or seat belts according to their size. Air bags will only inflate in certain accidents. See your owner's manual for more details.

[6] VDC, which should remain on when driving except when freeing the vehicle from mud or snow, cannot prevent accidents due to abrupt steering, carelessness, or dangerous driving techniques. Always drive safely.

® The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Nissan is under license.

® iPod is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. All rights reserved. iPod not included.

evnow said:
[4] Driving is serious business and requires your full attention. Do not operate any devices connected to the USB or auxiliary audio input jack while driving.

Unless you have Tap2GoBack. :mrgreen:

Electronic parking brake?

I though the parking brake / emergency brake were required as a mechanical "override" for the brakes. (Or I am stuck in the 60's?)

That, and the look-behind monitor, the PV panel, etc. are only "standard" on the SL model, so not listed here.

The L3 charging appears to be an extra-cost option for the SL.

Apparently floor mats, etc. will be extra-cost options for both models (SV and SL).

leaffan said:
What happened to the remote garage door opener that I read about when they first introduced the car?

I think that comes with SL - not std.

BTW, can you edit the post to remove the long quoted portion ? Signal/(Duplicate Material) is very low in that post :lol:

garygid said:
Thanks for the brake info!
I wondered what they usually do.

Is it typically done on just 2 wheels?
If so, front or back (on a front-drive car)?
Parking brakes are on the back.

I've had four cars with 4-wheel disk brakes and a mechanical parking brake. None of them had a drum brake of any type. They have the 'primary' hydraulic line to the brake cylinder, and a cable/mechanical lever/screw assembly that operates the caliper for the parking brake.

These from the Bentley manual for my '98 VW. My RX7 rear calipers were similar.
hand_brake1.jpg

hand_brake2.jpg

garygid said:
Apparently floor mats, etc. will be extra-cost options for both models (SV and SL).
I see floor mats listed as an accessory, so does that mean neither the SV nor SL has any floor mats?

indyflick said:
garygid said:
I see floor mats listed as an accessory, so does that mean neither the SV nor SL has any floor mats?

Indyflick...those are 'all weather' mats. The cars come with regular floor mats.

leaffan said:
Indyflick...those are 'all weather' mats. The cars come with regular floor mats.

The car will likely not come with "regular floor mats". If you check out any current Nissan model on their web site, carpeted floor mats are an available option. Many manufacturers offer mats as an option (although almost 100% of cars come equipped with them) as a way to improve margin. This is not just a Nissan thing. Toyota, for instance, also offers carpeted floor mats as an optional item.

LEAFguy said:
leaffan said:

The car will likely not come with "regular floor mats". If you check out any current Nissan model on their web site, carpeted floor mats are an available option. Many manufacturers offer mats as an option (although almost 100% of cars come equipped with them) as a way to improve margin. This is not just a Nissan thing.

I'm just repeating what Connell Nissan said on here. :)

leaffan said:
indyflick said:
garygid said:

Thanks.

That's correct. Floormats are almost always an "option" although almost every car is ordered with this "option" making it not that optional.

It occurs to me that our issues and struggles with understanding the details of the trim packages and the accessories may be due to the fact that nowadays very few automobiles are actually ordered by consumers. The dealers normally pick a variety of colors and trims to offer to their local market. Nissan hasn't appeared to anticipate the importance of providing us details on Leaf trim packages and accessories including pricing and photos in a timely fashion. This was probably not on their critical path.

indyflick said:
It occurs to me that our issues and struggles with understanding the details of the trim packages and the accessories may be due to the fact that nowadays very few automobiles are actually ordered by consumers. The dealers normally pick a variety of colors and trims to offer to their local market. Nissan hasn't appeared to anticipate the importance of providing us details on Leaf trim packages and accessories including pricing and photos in a timely fashion. This was probably not on their critical path.

Good observation.

mossyleaf said:
That's correct. Floormats are almost always an "option" although almost every car is ordered with this "option" making it not that optional.
So are you saying there are no floor mats unless you order the floor mat accessory? That's very different from "it comes standard with floor mats but you can order premium all-weather floor mats for $170".

By way of an illustration of how they may look, Versa floor and cargo area mats can be seen here:

http://www.nissanusa.com/versa/accessories.html

Cost of a set for both passenger compartment and cargo area of the Versa appears to be $146.

This is what I'd expect of a premium set - nice and thick, bound edges, and a logo applique.

My Ford was available with two types - premium as these and then a lesser quality which were thinner, heat sealed edges, and no logo. But I don't remember these being a standard item by any means...just a cheaper factory accessory.

Edit: Actually, those don't appear to have bound edges....I just looked at the pictures bigger. Hmmm.....

Back