Steal Your Battery program: Any news? Hello Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

It is April l tomorrow and so fully springtime.
Nissan, what is the news on battery replacement costs with installation, and what is the old battery buy-back option?
Will you set some fixed prices or leave us 2011 modelers at the mercy of dealership service vagaries?
Come clean, please.

--
see page 46 for headline change and posts at the time of the phoenix summit 2.
FairwoodRed makes the initial post post-summit on page 44.5

Elephanthead said:
I am pretty sure you can get one for $19,900 after tax credits. Comes with a spare car.
Great point, considering that there's been speculation about a $16K price tag going around. If you strip the car off for parts, the EVSE can easily command $600. Set of 4 wheels maybe a grand already. Not counting numerous other parts that would command a premium price.

Maybe this is a good business model for somebody who wants to start up a business selling LEAF spare parts?

Only thing is I got $21,300 from $28.8K list on the 2013 model S. So I wonder how you arrived at $19.9K?

^^^
Maybe after $2500 CVRP (http://energycenter.org/index.php/incentive-programs/clean-vehicle-rebate-project/cvrp-eligible-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)?

it is April, really really really SPRINGTIME!!

hello Nissan folks.
Any answers on battery replacement, trade-in old battery and install costs for those of us with 2-year-old LEAFS??????

Maybe Nissan is on Syracuse time? We got 10" of snow in the past 36 hours. It's currently 33F outside. Not springtime here!

I have been waiting eagerly for the news as well, although my lease isn't up until June 2015...

Also waiting on an official list of where those 500 CHAdeMOs are getting installed...

I think if we combine Blinks working definition of "coming soon" with Nissan's definition of "gradual" you could say we are on the heels of a gradual spring, where everything is just about to happen! :lol:

Andy Palmer made a big point to promise at the AZ town hall to provide the battery pricing by spring of this year if I remember correctly. It's on video.

Volusiano said:
Andy Palmer made a big point to promise at the AZ town hall to provide the battery pricing by spring of this year if I remember correctly. It's on video.

It is spring, now.
"by spring" means before spring.
in the spring is something else...that gives him almost three more months.

Volusiano said:

In automaker speak, "by spring" means "by the end of spring". This seems to be a recurring theme.

Back