Flat Tires

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbfoerster

In the last 4 months I have had more tire problems than in the last 30 years. I have roughly 30K miles and have replaced 2 tires so far due to punctures and now my car is in my garage with another flat tire.

Are these Energy Saver tires just not that good or am I truly just been unlucky lately? If there is a better built tire that is good for the Leaf, please let me know.

Thanks

My humble opinion is that the Michelin Energy Savers that came on my 2015 were the worst radial tires I have ever driven on (poor traction and poor life). In my case, they did not seem to be any more prone to flats than other tires.

The 16-inch Ecopias on my 2011 had much better wet and dry traction (and handling) when inflated to 44 psi than the 17-inch Michelins (at any inflation pressure) on my 2015. Wet traction of the Ecopias was marginal and handling was vague if they were not inflated to at least 40 psi.

One other thing about the Michelin Energy Savers--the rubber seems to deteriorate from sunlight and heat exposure more than other tires so they may be more prone to flats and road damage after aging.

dbfoerster said:
Thanks for all of your opinions. Just what I needed to know.

I can tell they'll be short lived i'm afraid. i run them at higher pressure as well but the tread is thin and hard. Low rolling resistance. meh.

Back