Apparent water leak at top of windshield

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveInAvl

My '14 SL sat outside during last night's heavy rain here in western NC. This morning after driving a while there was a sudden trickle of water from the front edge of the headliner onto the dash panel above the glove box. I felt around inside the front lip of the headliner and it was damp.

Now we see how well my dealer handles warranty claims :(

Our '15 Leaf S had a leak at the top center of the windshield. It dripped mostly into the cup holders, but also on the shifter and a bit on the lower center dash. The fix was to replace the windshield. It was not a quick fix - maybe because the glass vendor didn't have a Leaf windshield handy? We dropped it off Sunday night (to make a 7am Monday appointment) and got it back Wednesday evening.

I neglected to follow up on my first post. The leasing dealer had the windshield resealed at no cost to me. At the time I was unaware of Nissan's policy of providing no-cost loaners for LEAF warranty work so we just did without it.

Back