Something leaking under the dash (heater core replacement)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have filed for the "lemon" law, which means I've given Nissan 7 more business days to complete the repair. At their current glacial pace to complete this repair, I give them a 80% chance of getting it done in that time. Even if they don't complete the repair, I suspect Nissan will not easily nullify the lease and instead do something like force arbitration.

I got good news today. :D

The carpeting arrived at the dealer (this is contrary to what I was told 2 days ago, which was the carpeting was to be shipped by the supplier today). They've already done the heater core replacement and are working are installing the carpeting. There's an outside chance they will complete the repair today.

I'm not sure sending the "Lemon" law notice helped or not, but at least I don't feel like I need to act on it.

DaveInAvl, My service advisor also said that it looked like the hole in the heater core came from the factory.

They gave me a Juke as a loaner once, not much better than the Versa really. But at the beginning, when my car was late coming in, I had Jim's personal car for the weekend.still, had to pay for gas.

The lemon law might be worth the trouble, or not, with a new core and carpet it may be good as new. Hard decision. They'll charge you for mileage?

If you keep it, you might ask Nissan to waive a months payment for the inconvenience.

I wonder if someone on the factory heater line has it in for electrics?

jlv said:
DaveInAvl, My service advisor also said that it looked like the hole in the heater core came from the factory.
DNAinaGoodWay said:
I wonder if someone on the factory heater line has it in for electrics?
Well, I sure hope someone at the factory takes a look at the batch of damaged heater cores and blower boxes to try to ascertain what happened. Depending on how the assembly process is done, I could imagine a robot arm getting out of calibration and somehow causing this kind of damage... if the production line has a mixture of vehicles there's also the possibility of something getting out of sync. Hope they've caught and rectified the problem - the carpet replacement makes the repair have a large impact on customers.

I'm happy to report that today I was able to get my Leaf back. I was amazed at how I really missed driving it.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
All's well that ends well?
For me, it's an issue of restoring confidence in the vehicle. I know there are some here who never pass up an opportunity to put in their $.02 on the QC of US-built LEAFs, and mine has had two factory defects turn up already. At this point I've gone into "wait and see" mode, but my tolerance of what I'm willing to put up with has sure lessened.

Back