15,000 miles later.....

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmydreams

I passed 15,000 miles on my Leaf yesterday on the way to work.

For you number geeks, that's 6 days shy of 10 months. $470.06 total in electric usage = $.03/mile. At an equivalent of 35mpg, I would have used 429.85 gallons of gas to go that distance (I'll let you do the math on what that would have cost). That's an equivalent of $1.09/gal. All with zero emissions from it's non-existent tailpipe!!!

EVs are the perfect commuter car!!! :)

IMG_1435.jpg

Jimmydreams said:

For you number geeks, that's 7 days shy of 10 months. $470.06 total in electric usage = $.03/mile. At an equivalent of 35mpg, I would have used 429.85 gallons of gas to go that distance (I'll let you do the math on what that would have cost). That's an equivalent of $1.09/gal. All with zero emissions from it's non-existent tailpipe!!!

IMG_1435.jpg
My odometer reads about the same as your trip meter :eek:

Jimmydreams said:

For you number geeks, that's 7 days shy of 10 months. $470.06 total in electric usage = $.03/mile. At an equivalent of 35mpg, I would have used 429.85 gallons of gas to go that distance (I'll let you do the math on what that would have cost). That's an equivalent of $1.09/gal. All with zero emissions from it's non-existent tailpipe!!!

I couldn't agree more! I'm about three weeks away from 15,000 miles!

We've had ours since January.

12,000 miles, zero emissions.

And the gas car in the driveway has put a total of 2,000 miles on it in the same time.

Clearly we have a new favorite car. :)

It's good to see there are LEAFs out there with lots of miles. I'm averaging 58 miles per day and I'm already at 10,200... So far I cannot detect any battery degradation... How about anybody else?

JustinC said:
Wow, you got there fast. So give us your report - any noticeable change in range? What's your mpkwh?

I'm just as happy as the day I picked it up. No issues yet.

I'll have to figure out the miles/kWh numbers. I'll update when I do.

Jimmydreams said:
evnow said:
Just finished 5,000 miles :lol:

I leased, so now I'm into the $.15/mi overage. Thankfully, I planned for 20K miles/year, so I think I'll be ok. :mrgreen:
Oh yes - I remember that. Can I transfer my miles to you ? ;)

No changes in behaviour in ours yet. Other than we're getting asked a lot of questions again, now that I guess gas is going up.

Jimmydreams said:
Well, judging by the battery degradation gauge, it looks like your battery still has all of its original capacity, so that is good news. I have around 6,000 miles on my Leaf, since March. I've wondered at what point it might start losing capacity.

Based on your driving habits, looks like over a 5-year period you could save nearly $10,000 in gasoline. It'd be interested to see a breakdown of all of the electric costs and maintenance on a Leaf next to a regular gasoline car over the same 5 year period.

TangoKilo said:
It's good to see there are LEAFs out there with lots of miles. I'm averaging 58 miles per day and I'm already at 10,200... So far I cannot detect any battery degradation... How about anybody else?

I think I've seen a bit of loss of use out of the first bar. But it's hard to tell anymore - my driving style has become less pensive.

Gonewild said:
Jimmydreams said:
evnow said:
Just finished 5,000 miles :lol:

I leased, so now I'm into the $.15/mi overage. Thankfully, I planned for 20K miles/year, so I think I'll be ok. :mrgreen:
Jimmy have you charged to 100% every night or only 80%?

100% from the day I took delivery.

So far, I haven't seen any battery degradation indications. There was a change when they did the software update that changed the battery bars, but nothing noticeable since then.

Back