Box 'o blink swag

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbo2ltr

Anyone else get this giant box with blink swag in it?

blinkswag.jpg

t-shirt
hooded jacket
two hats
two boxes of mints (guess EV drivers have bad breath?)
and a rechargeable LED flashlight that stores in your cigarette lighter.

Not me, but then again, I complained about the poster they sent out a few months ago....so I doubt I'm very high on their list.

But my complaint about the poster remains and is especially relevant to this box-o-swag; QUIT SPENDING MONEY ON PROMO STUFF PROMOTING SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T INSTALLED YET!!! Blink was supposed to have a few hundred public chargers installed by January....then it was May....now it's October.

Un-be-lievable. :evil:

Yeah I concur. Not sure why they are spending all this money on promo items. What am I going to do with a jacket in Phoenix anyway? :)

That is called bribing ;-)

Much easier to send a jacket than install a lot of chargers.

BTW, the first commercial Blink chargers were installed last week in Seattle. I should make a new thread about it ...

Dayum!
I'd go for that rechargeable light for sure, but Blink never sends me anything. Not so much as a letter.

I think I'm on Andy H's 'special' list. :)

I put the jacket on and it's more of a rain parka, so I was thinking "this seems better suited for Seattle"...then it hit me, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I bought in WA, this was sent in conjunction with the announcement about the charger install in WA, and I just happened to get the box first since they shipped it from Phoenix.

I was never sent any other blink swag before this.

Sadly, the rechargeable light doesn't work in the leaf. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work at all since the plug (which is forms the back of the light) doesn't have any springs to make contact and hold it in the socket...

evnow said:
That is called bribing ;-)

Much easier to send a jacket than install a lot of chargers.

BTW, the first commercial Blink chargers were installed last week in Seattle. I should make a new thread about it ...

I will take it.
Blink, can't you guess who I am?

ECOtality contacted me via email on 3/28 and said "Since you were one of the first customers to receive your Nissan Leaf and our Blink Charger you have been selected by our corporate office to be a preferred customer and receive a promotional gift. Could you let me know what size shirt you wear at your earliest convenience?"

I haven't received anything yet, but I'm guessing this is probably what they were talking about...

I got the same email and never received zip.

Randy said:
ECOtality contacted me via email on 3/28 and said "Since you were one of the first customers to receive your Nissan Leaf and our Blink Charger you have been selected by our corporate office to be a preferred customer and receive a promotional gift. Could you let me know what size shirt you wear at your earliest convenience?"

I haven't received anything yet, but I'm guessing this is probably what they were talking about...

I got my box of Blink swag-o-tastic today via UPS....Some pretty nice stuff, and they really played up the black and white Blink theme....

Thanks, ECOtality....

Got mine today - nice schwag! Rain jacket and tee are the perfect Oregon combo :)
I had forgotten about the call I got asking my shirt size - happy to see the right size arrive...

Randy said:

Ditto-

couple comments

1. - finally got the LED light to work but not being able to charge it in my LEAF is odd. Does any modern car charge this thing? I may need to play around and create a hack on this thing to get it to charge. For now though, the battery appears charged and the light works.

2. the t-shirt in Turbo's picture looks like a female t or maybe it's just the way it is displayed. Mine is a male style t with fuller sleeves.

Wore the jacket last night and found it fairly comfortable and useful. The buttons are odd.

And yes - of course I would trade everything for them to be further along in deploying chargers but at least it is finally getting going here in Seattle. I've used 2 public Blink's so far.

Seattle got the chargers and AZ got the promo items :lol:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/24-Blink-Electric-Vehicle-bw-2726661164.html?x=0&.v=1

Back