Blink LED flashlight charge?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowthom

Hello Blinkers,
Has anyone actually charged their blink swag LED flashlight yet? I just assumed (<<<yeah, I know) after reading the lit that I could just plug it into the leaf cigarette lighter socket BUT............. the flashlight is a smaller diameter and would not charge. What am I missing here?

Seems you forgot to mention where you got it and how we can get one. I guess I've never been to a Blink convention :)
I did get a LEAF squeezy flashlight which had something broken inside. Someday I will fix that. LMW got it somewhere.

Hello Blinkers,
It came in the box of swag I got from Ecotality last year. There was a nice Blink coat, 2 blink hats, the LED flashlight, 2 small tins of mints. I declined further swag in a letter stating I'd rather have them spend the money on infrastructure and programmers. Comments I later reiterated to the CEO at the DCQC ceremony at Fred Meyer in Sept.

Don

gbarry42: The LED end rotates to turn on the light. Although, it looks like one would push the end to make it work.

bowthom said:
Hello Blinkers,
Has anyone actually charged their blink swag LED flashlight yet? I just assumed (<<<yeah, I know) after reading the lit that I could just plug it into the leaf cigarette lighter socket BUT............. the flashlight is a smaller diameter and would not charge. What am I missing here?
If you have an older car, it will fit in the socket there. It plugs into our 2001 Toyota Echo, for example.

I actually tried to charge it. Not from the cigarette lighter of course, as it would not fit.
I hooked it up to a regulated power supply, which provides
12 v, similar to a standard car outlet...
What happened next was that it, the flashlight that is, pulled
about 500 mA from the power supply, shortly thereafter made
a modestly loud bang and exploded! :D :D :D
Actually, half the battery was propelled out of the barrel-like case,
bounced off the wall, 3 ft away, landed on the carpet
and burned a half inch sized hole in it.
I always wanted to see, if these warnings on non-rechargable batteries
are true. . .
It was fun, but the wife threw a fit . . . Something about
burning down the house etc

So, dont do it.

Hello,
Here is what my stuff looks like:

Picture removed - Photobucket sucks

I hooked mine up to my charging boat batteries via wire and tape, it charged up OK. LED turned red while charging.

Don

Back