TimLee
Delivery Date: 17 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2026

Re: Things you don't need when you own a Nissan Leaf

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:00 am

EricBayArea wrote:What you don't need... basically everything in this commercial for an innovative product to mask the engine to the driver :)

But there are some people who do find the Nissan Leaf high pitched whine noise irritating, as discussed in other threads. It personally doesn't bother me, I kind of like it.
But some people really dislike it.
If it is technically unavoidable (or not economic to avoid / minimize it in the Leaf design), Nissan might need to consider the active noise reduction discussed in the video.

Tim Lee
Chattanooga, TN

Man. Date: 03/10/11, VIN # 2026
Delivered 05-17-2011
Blue Ocean, 2011 SL-eTec

electricfuture
Delivery Date: 14 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 4205

Re: Things you don't need when you own a Nissan Leaf

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:01 pm

TimLee wrote:
EricBayArea wrote:What you don't need... basically everything in this commercial for an innovative product to mask the engine to the driver :)

But there are some people who do find the Nissan Leaf high pitched whine noise irritating, as discussed in other threads. It personally doesn't bother me, I kind of like it.
But some people really dislike it.
If it is technically unavoidable (or not economic to avoid / minimize it in the Leaf design), Nissan might need to consider the active noise reduction discussed in the video.

It doesn't bother me either but could easily be fixed with passive sound deadener material under the hood as there are limited frequencies to block.

Adding to the list:
Fan Belt replacement
Altenator belt replacement

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”